MULTIFINISH LETS DO OUR BIT

Members online

Use very little multi, any time I'v used it recently, it's normally been ok. Though was doing upstairs ceilings a few month ago and first 2 bags for the 2 bedroom ceilings stuff was on the rubbery side and tightened quicker on board than i expected and the one left in bucket tightened quickly too, and it was mixed soft due to it goin to be sitting. The stuff for other ceilings was grand, behaved as it should have.

what are all the house bashers using ??
board or multi ??
@Gibbo
@scottie5
@Djr
@essexandy
@zolco
and every other house basher out there ??
im on board.
but wouldnt mind a change to see what multi is like.
any brummie house bashers ??
surely us lads use more bg products on a daily basis than domestic lads.
and were all nationwide.
I've used Multi since the day it was released mate. I've thought about trying Board Finish but everyone I've asked about it has said it's no better, is it?
We often have areas of Bonding to work over and although I'm sure it'd be fine obviously BF shouldn't go over it once dried out. I definitely couldn't go back to the days of two stacks of finish in a house like when I started.

Generally use BF on everything from new houses to reskims.
Tried MF a few weeks ago because some house bashers we know were swearing by it.
Took forever to go off and was just as rubbery as BF.
Horses for courses its all the same.

I've used Multi since the day it was released mate. I've thought about trying Board Finish but everyone I've asked about it has said it's no better, is it?
We often have areas of Bonding to work over and although I'm sure it'd be fine obviously BF shouldn't go over it once dried out. I definitely couldn't go back to the days of two stacks of finish in a house like when I started.

multi was always more of a greasy material to use than board in cold temps.
ive been flat out on board finish daily for a while now.
i find it hit and miss....but managable.
considering the amount of plots i skim i dont really find board finish a great issue.
ive had a diffence in setting times but nothing major again ive thought its troweling up strange but seems to paint up the same.

alot of lads on our firm are having a moan....but the damp recycled boards are also shite + they just love to moan.

multi was always more of a greasy material to use than board in cold temps.
ive been flat out on board finish daily for a while now.
i find it hit and miss....but managable.
considering the amount of plots i skim i dont really find board finish a great issue.
ive had a diffence in setting times but nothing major again ive thought its troweling up strange but seems to paint up the same.

alot of lads on our firm are having a moan....but the damp recycled boards are also shite + they just love to moan.
Tbf this all interests me big time mate as me and you do exact opposite work ,my cousin and I remember Cornelius on here talking about cold houses no heating damp boards etc , most know this all effects s**t and kind of sort it , one thing I have noticed is over hardwall or fresh bonding gears spot on in warm ish room , but some pva I go over is absolute shite that’s one reason I try to use gyprime most of the time tbh I know what I’m gonna get

what are all the house bashers using ??
board or multi ??
@Gibbo
@scottie5
@Djr
@essexandy
@zolco
and every other house basher out there ??
im on board.
but wouldnt mind a change to see what multi is like.
any brummie house bashers ??
surely us lads use more bg products on a daily basis than domestic lads.
and were all nationwide.

Been using board since November found it slightly better than the multi.

Ok this afternoon I had a very (1:18) long phone call with a guy from BG. I felt that it was a very good two sided conversation with someone that both understands our trade and wants to help get Multifinish to a point where I'm (we're) happy with it.
I'm not going to go into all the ins and outs of our conversation but, as an overview; he asked me to let him know any and all the issues I felt there were with the product, which I did. There wasn't so much as a hint of a verbal sneer or rubbishing of my opinion. He genuinely seems to want to help and this is where we all come in.
He says that he has asked quite a few spreads that have complained about Multi on the interweb to explain what problems they're having with it and that the two recurring answers are;
a; it's s**t or
b; it's f**k**g s**t
neither of these answers are going to help solve this obvious issue.

So here's what he has asked both me and the rest of you to do.

Each and every time you have, what you consider to be a duff bag, batch or pallet please put a bag or part bag into something like a dustbin bag, basically something that will prevent moisture getting at the plaster.
Return this to the merchant where you bought it, tell them that there's a problem with it and that BG WANT to be made aware of it.
Write on a piece of paper your details and the issues/problems that you're having e.g. 'it's shrinking back from beads/ frames, it's trowelling up all streaky or it's just plain gummy. You decide what you want to say just as long as it isn't, 'it's shite' or 'it's f**k**g shite', those replies just won't help.

Please, please do the above and at least try to help improve things.

I'll be honest, I feel cross and like I've really got the bit between my teeth with this and want to help get things sorted, even if I have to keep on and on at BG to make a difference.

@BritishGypsum @Danny @everycaringbastardoutthere
What a load of b*ll***s I’ve sent bags and bags of the stuff back and they never get back to you with there findings because if they did and admitted liability it would cost them a small fortune therefore they will continue to be silent on the matter for there own selfish greedy benefit

Tbf this all interests me big time mate as me and you do exact opposite work ,my cousin and I remember Cornelius on here talking about cold houses no heating damp boards etc , most know this all effects s**t and kind of sort it , one thing I have noticed is over hardwall or fresh bonding gears spot on in warm ish room , but some pva I go over is absolute shite that’s one reason I try to use gyprime most of the time tbh I know what I’m gonna get

i stripped my own house this time last year no heating sand a cement with multi i never found a problem to be honest just having the patience for it to set.
i cant skim sc like boards...it needs 2 coats flattend etc.

not so long ago i skimmed a refurb onto grit in the cold....4 hour setting time with multi...which i expected.

me personally i dont think its the storage or temps.

i remember knauf a few years back making an absolute fuuck up with thier finish.

but what i do know finish nowadays seems to have a mind of its own if that makes any sense.

the gauges control me i dont contol them any more.

i stripped my own house this time last year no heating sand a cement with multi i never found a problem to be honest just having the patience for it to set.
i cant skim sc like boards...it needs 2 coats flattend etc.

not so long ago i skimmed a refurb onto grit in the cold....4 hour setting time with multi...which i expected.

me personally i dont think its the storage or temps.

i remember knauf a few years back making an absolute fuuck up with thier finish.

but what i do know finish nowadays seems to have a mind of its own if that makes any sense.

the gauges control me i dont contol them any more.
Yes it does make sense mate

What a load of b*ll***s I’ve sent bags and bags of the stuff back and they never get back to you with there findings because if they did and admitted liability it would cost them a small fortune therefore they will continue to be silent on the matter for there own selfish greedy benefit
Lee do you know for sure that the bags got back to BG?
Please give it one more go, as far as I'm aware this is the first time an organised return of unfit material has been tried.

Times haven't changed. It's just that you've got old.

I did a cottage recently. In at 6, mixed up 20 bags which I put on straight away. Then after brew, I did another 20 and was gone for 1.

Came back the next day and wanted an early finish, so mixed up 30 bags and had my hand out for the cash at half past ten.

£400, Ker-CHING!
Sounds like an easy day i put away double that amount mind you I’m younger than you ;)

For once lol

bg have too look into the boards being recycled ...there brittle as f**k damage far to easy.
to think their sending it out to brand new homes is nothing but disgusting.
im sure dabbers use so much adhesive to get the walls solid....they may aswell float them.

@essexandy I really don't want to piss on your parade but come on mate please don't fall for the "let's pretend we didn't know and are genuinely interested response from BG"

Ultimately there's only 1 thing that would make them bothered and that's loss of sales...seen as there is no alternative they will carry on doin g what ever they are doing that makes them the most profit.

You don't honestly think that they don't know what ingredients are being cut up etc...

Only one thing will solve this problem and that’s a bit of competition for BG.From where I don’t know.The skim in Ireland can vary but it’s not too bad,just adjust your timings to suit.

Times haven't changed. It's just that you've got old.

I did a cottage recently. In at 6, mixed up 20 bags which I put on straight away. Then after brew, I did another 20 and was gone for 1.

Came back the next day and wanted an early finish, so mixed up 30 bags and had my hand out for the cash at half past ten.

£400, Ker-CHING!
Think we might be edging closer to that bromance??
About time we kissed and made up??
What you tinking my old m8??;)

@essexandy I really don't want to piss on your parade but come on mate please don't fall for the "let's pretend we didn't know and are genuinely interested response from BG"

Ultimately there's only 1 thing that would make them bothered and that's loss of sales...seen as there is no alternative they will carry on doin g what ever they are doing that makes them the most profit.

You don't honestly think that they don't know what ingredients are being cut up etc...
Mate I'm in total agreement with you but I feel I have to try something.

there will never be a loss of sales when house builders have shares in bg.
new house building is the monoply for bg.
airless will never take over neither will tape and joint.
dabbing is quicker and cheaper skimming is the same.
its all about mass production.
ive adapted to it.
morris homes or persimmons etc would sooner blame it on the labour than the materials.
buck stops with you and me my friend.

there will never be a loss of sales when house builders have shares in bg.
new house building is the monoply for bg.
airless will never take over neither will tape and joint.
dabbing is quicker and cheaper skimming is the same.
its all about mass production.
ive adapted to it.
morris homes or persimmons etc would sooner blame it on the labour than the materials.
buck stops with you and me my friend.
A man who knows what he is talking about is worth his wait in gold..
Spot on with that post m8

IMG_0089.JPG

bg have too look into the boards being recycled ...there brittle as f**k damage far to easy.
to think their sending it out to brand new homes is nothing but disgusting.
im sure dabbers use so much adhesive to get the walls solid....they may aswell float them.
These boards are brittle

For once lol

a little advice for ya vincolian.....
if you ever make a cup of tea before you go to bed and decide to stick half a gallon of vodka in it.....make sure you take out the tea bag first because for some reason it really soakes it up.
and you dont want your kitchen smelling like moscow in the morning.
with her ringing and moaning @ 7.am asking why did i swallee that when your heads already in bits !!

We always use board finish on everything. Found multi a bit greasy and just didn't like it but been ages since I used any

@Stevieo my whole family are reds! ...... "I aaaam a Liverpudliaaaan and I come from the spion kop! :fuckyou:

Only one thing will solve this problem and that’s a bit of competition for BG.From where I don’t know.The skim in Ireland can vary but it’s not too bad,just adjust your timings to suit.
Get the odd batches of red or blue that are pure s**t. I reckon it's due to storage? We don't get the skim coat bags much here so i don't mind what it's like tbh, i thought itseemed similar to multi last time I used it but it was a once off, used bout halfha dozen bags doing a kitchen and small hallway and bathroom ceilings

a little advice for ya vincolian.....
if you ever make a cup of tea before you go to bed and decide to stick half a gallon of vodka in it.....make sure you take out the tea bag first because for some reason it really soakes it up.
and you dont want your kitchen smelling like moscow in the morning.
with her ringing and moaning @ 7.am asking why did i swallee that when your heads already in bits !!
Did you use the bags today on that plot from the garage

What’s the verdict