Multi problems

Did I just bump a 2 year old thread? oh yes I f**k**g did.

Right, I've been moaning about this lately and it's beginning to do my head in.. I found this thread and this is exactly what is happening, as in the picture. Multi finish, board finish, board or re-skim same s**t.

Put it on fine, tight and tidy

Lay it down tight with new mix even tidier..

All down hill from this point on. Go to trowel it up but still to wet. But few mins later it's doing that in the picture, peeling dragging.. can't really use water as its stil f**k**g wet!?

And GPS, before you even say it, it's not me. Actually you said in this thread years ago you still don't have issues and even now still don't , are you even a spread lol.

Just to sum up.........I do finish it and it's fine but it's a f**k load more work and worried about banging a big gauge on if it's horsing about.

For the first time ever I'm considering some new stuff, don't give a f**k what it costs as if it saves me this headache it's a small cost, customer pays anyway.

Hi Lurpak, we are sorry to hear you are having problems and we would like to be able to help. Can you let us know your location and phone number and someone will be in touch? You can provide it here, or direct message us on Twitter or Facebook.

Hi Lurpak, we are sorry to hear you are having problems and we would like to be able to help. Can you let us know your location and phone number and someone will be in touch? You can provide it here, or direct message us on Twitter or Facebook.

Thanks will message shortly

Just hit couple of bedrooms with 7 bags of multi over pva'd ceilings, walls are DB and pir and ordinary boards and it buttered up nice.
Bad bags must be a mare ! Been lucky so far.

Just hit couple of bedrooms with 7 bags of multi over pva'd ceilings, walls are DB and pir and ordinary boards and it buttered up nice.
Bad bags must be a mare ! Been lucky so far.

Absolutely mate as It isn’t until troweling up that it starts ... scared to put anything more than 2 on at min

Facebooked my details on Thursday.

Facebooked my details on Thursday.

Yeah well you might be waiting for a while.
I was supposed to be having a meeting with them months ago. My local Jewsons agreed to having the meeting at their branch, I said that I could make any of the dates they suggested, then absolutely nothing.

Yeah well you might be waiting for a while.
I was supposed to be having a meeting with them months ago. My local Jewsons agreed to having the meeting at their branch, I said that I could make any of the dates they suggested, then absolutely nothing.

I spoke to the guy yesterday who suggested arranging meeting up but there nothing really I can say that I haven’t already, plus finding the time is difficult.

But now I know if it happens again to take a video of what’s happening, pictures etc and to keep the problematic material for them to test.

I’m hoping it doesn’t happen again. Working 30 miles from home and the multi finish here is bang on.

ive only sent back 3 pallets before, 1 about 8 years ago and 2 in the last 6wks its been horrific like trowelling up gritty chewing gum that went off like an exorcet .
New pallet today seemed alot better tbf its dated end of Jan on the bags.
I think the clown who throws the black lumps of grit in the multi must be off sick or on holiday.
About two years this ,still no better it’s like trowelling grit across the surface f**k**g terriable thick or thin 2nd coat nitemare

About two years this ,still no better it’s like trowelling grit across the surface f**k**g terriable thick or thin 2nd coat nitemare

Yep it seems it's got progressively worse. If it's good in your area then wait a few months and I bet its shite.

I'm on the board finish now

Yep it seems it's got progressively worse. If it's good in your area then wait a few months and I bet its shite.

Brilliant in the summer multi maybe the weather I dunt know I go with board niw

I've just started using our pallet of Board Finish and yes it's definitely better than the Multifinish but still not as it used to be.
Still a bit of striping here and there but does trowel up better.
I'm convinced that the stripes are caused by there being different materials in the gear that haven't been fully mixed together, or won't, and that one of the materials expands at a slightly different rate to the rest causing the stripes.

• Funny
Reactions: gps
I must say the last 20/30 bags of multi I've used have been shite.

I'm finding that's it's hanging like f**k then 10 minutes later just flash setting on the wall and in the bucket.

The apprentice loved it Haha.

To be honest I've actually just ordered a pallet of the pure finish to see if @Vincey was right about it being better.
£7.19 a bag + dreaded works out about £2.50 a bag more than multi but if it works and is better to use I'll be not too fussed.

I must say the last 20/30 bags of multi I've used have been shite.

I'm finding that's it's hanging like f**k then 10 minutes later just flash setting on the wall and in the bucket.

The apprentice loved it Haha.

To be honest I've actually just ordered a pallet of the pure finish to see if @Vincey was right about it being better.
£7.19 a bag + dreaded works out about £2.50 a bag more than multi but if it works and is better to use I'll be not too fussed.
Who quoted you £7.19+ a bag mate?

Ut oh old bags at this one

Attachments

• 0C99FA80-71D9-4EFD-801B-7EB083D056D9.jpeg
    0C99FA80-71D9-4EFD-801B-7EB083D056D9.jpeg
    896.2 KB · Views: 384
Ccf originally but jewsons matched it after a bit of persuasion and they also storing it for me as well.
Good price that , most merchants I find will store it once paid for as long as it’s used within few weeks or so no problem

I look forward to your verdict of the material, first forum totally impartial one
Enjoy

Good price that , most merchants I find will store it once paid for as long as it’s used within few weeks or so no problem

I look forward to your verdict of the material, first forum totally impartial one
Enjoy

Haha totally impartial!
My merchants are good with me to be fair and they are using me as the advertising guiny pig to see if there's much interest to stock it.

Can't see 56 bags lasting long even on domestic.

Works out even a month is less than 3 bags a day.

Ccf quotedme £7.19 + without even haggling and I don't use them now as the local branch closed.

Originally jewsons were at £7.90+

But manager phoned her rep to ask why ccf could sell it at that and make on it when jewson are owned by saint gobain and couldn't initially get near it