Multi problems

Members online

Yep, went straight in, never saw it coming at all, had it flushed in Wexford and then transferred to Waterford Eye casualty after that for another flush out etc.
A feckin sore dose let me tell ya!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just bad luck. I got wet dash in my eye last week and was OK after 5 min.

Used multi today, first time in a couple of years, was dead on, trowelled up lovely, only thing didnt go off as quick as would have liked, but nothing didn't expect form using it before. Actually nicer than the carlite I've used last month or so, it's been garbage whatever the f**k they done to it

any one had problems with it tearing like this on plasterboard

Did I just bump a 2 year old thread? oh yes I f**k**g did.

Right, I've been moaning about this lately and it's beginning to do my head in.. I found this thread and this is exactly what is happening, as in the picture. Multi finish, board finish, board or re-skim same s**t.

Put it on fine, tight and tidy

Lay it down tight with new mix even tidier..

All down hill from this point on. Go to trowel it up but still to wet. But few mins later it's doing that in the picture, peeling dragging.. can't really use water as its stil f**k**g wet!?

And GPS, before you even say it, it's not me. Actually you said in this thread years ago you still don't have issues and even now still don't , are you even a spread lol.

Just to sum up.........I do finish it and it's fine but it's a f**k load more work and worried about banging a big gauge on if it's horsing about.

For the first time ever I'm considering some new stuff, don't give a f**k what it costs as if it saves me this headache it's a small cost, customer pays anyway.

Right, I've been moaning about this lately and it's beginning to do my head in.. I found this thread and this is exactly what is happening, as in the picture. Multi finish, board finish, board or re-skim same s**t.

All down hill from this point on. Go to trowel it up but still to wet. But few mins later it's doing that in the picture, peeling dragging.. can't really use water as its stil f**k**g wet!?

And GPS, before you even say it, it's not me. Actually you said in this thread years ago you still don't have issues and even now still don't , are you even a spread lol.

Just to sum up.........I do finish it and it's fine but it's a f**k load more work and worried about banging a big gauge on if it's horsing about.

For the first time ever I'm considering some new stuff, don't give a f**k what it costs as if it saves me this headache it's a small cost, customer pays anyway.

Didn’t you leave ?

Yes I am a spread hence why I don’t suffer with issues, as I work in domestic environments I expect walls to react differently and adjust accordingly.

Yes I am a spread hence why I don’t suffer with issues, as I work in domestic environments I expect walls to react differently and adjust accordingly.

So all the people including myself who are saying the gear is s**t at times aren’t spreads?

I can finish it no problem but it’s extra work and the uncertainty is not helpful when banging on a big gauge.

Your inability to read and also calling me John has lead me to the conclusion that you’re a rough c**t. I could probably switch your bucket for dab and you wouldn’t even notice

Gears been much nicer the last month up where I am....was awful through the winter for tearing, no choice but to use plastic trowel

So all the people including myself who are saying the gear is s**t at times aren’t spreads?

I can finish it no problem but it’s extra work and the uncertainty is not helpful when banging on a big gauge.

Your inability to read and also calling me John has lead me to the conclusion that you’re a rough c**t. I could probably switch your bucket for dab and you wouldn’t even notice

Are you saying all the spreads who do not get issues are not spreads John ?

Are you saying all the spreads who do not get issues are not spreads John ?

And yes that’s exactly what I’m saying. The best spreads in world face product issues!!! It’s nothint to do with the spread

Think it was Scottie who described it going like chewing gum...cant move it around but it's wet, put water on it and it stripes

And yes that’s exactly what I’m saying. The best spreads in world face product issues!!! It’s nothint to do with the spread

The best spreads in the world I’d guess don’t have problems with multi and wouldn’t feel the need to cry about it on a forum

A good decorator is your saviour.

In my world, and for what its worth, the less you play with multi, the better. No need for water until the very end, and then only if you really need it.

A good decorator is your saviour.

In my world, and for what its worth, the less you play with multi, the better. No need for water until the very end, and then only if you really need it.

I can make any plaster so smooth and shiney I can do my hair in the c**t after, and that’s saying something as I’m bald as a coot.

The issue is the product. Just look at the pictures posted, it shouldn’t be pulling off the board during troweling up.

When you’ve got a full room on and this happens it’s a problem. If I was faffing about with a couple of walls I’d probably not have noticed.

I can make any plaster so smooth and shiney I can do my hair in the c**t after, and that’s saying something as I’m bald as a coot.

The issue is the product. Just look at the pictures posted, it shouldn’t be pulling off the board during troweling up.

When you’ve got a full room on and this happens it’s a problem. If I was faffing about with a couple of walls I’d probably not have noticed.

I'm sure you can and as a faffer, 80% of the time, I paint my own couple of faffing walls. Rare for it to look s**t, even when I thought it would.
How do you find board finish in comparison?

I'm sure you can and as a faffer, 80% of the time, I paint my own couple of faffing walls. Rare for it to look s**t, even when I thought it would.
How do you find board finish in comparison?

My work never looks s**t regardless of any issues, the problem is the stress when you've got a whole room on and it starts peeling.

I found board finish no different, it just went off a bit faster.

My work never looks s**t regardless of any issues, the problem is the stress when you've got a whole room on and it starts peeling.

I found board finish no different, it just went off a bit faster.

Well, there are not many alternatives, not for similar money.

I should probably add that multi is usually great, this is very rare but it's been a good few weeks now

We normally use board but had multi other day and it was spot on .had some yesterday and it too k a bit more work.when it was great the firm prepped walls and i said pva looked a bit thin. May be a factor .