Multi or Board finish?

Members online

just wondering if board finish has changed since I last used it probably@ 20 years back, only used knauf and multi since, reason being I have a house full of ceilings to overskim, I would say just above an average thickness of artex to cover

In the past I usually put a 2 or3 coat of multi, or put a thin coat of bonding over then multi.

knauf finish is no good at all for this kind of work, but cannot remmeber the last time I used board finish over artex, it always used to have more body about it and was heavier than multi. does anyone use board fin to reskim nowerdays?

just wondering if board finish has changed since I last used it probably@ 20 years back, only used knauf and multi since, reason being I have a house full of ceilings to overskim, I would say just above an average thickness of artex to cover

In the past I usually put a 2 or3 coat of multi, or put a thin coat of bonding over then multi.

knauf finish is no good at all for this kind of work, but cannot remmeber the last time I used board finish over artex, it always used to have more body about it and was heavier than multi. does anyone use board fin to reskim nowerdays?

3 coats ? Never mind that add some bonding to the first coat.

yes GPS the guy on you tube calls it the magic mix, so whats the idea of it, you say add some bonding to the first coat, and then do you second coat straight over it with multi as normal while still wet,or wait for it to take up? will it not drag or tear? and what mix 3 skim to1 bonding?
cheers for the help

yes GPS the guy on you tube calls it the magic mix, so whats the idea of it, you say add some bonding to the first coat, and then do you second coat straight over it with multi as normal while still wet,or wait for it to take up? will it not drag or tear? and what mix 3 skim to1 bonding?
cheers for the help

Wait for it to pick up, I find whenever you add bonding it takes a lot longer for the first set to pick up, which is always hand on large ceilings.
Then 2nd as normal

Mate overboard ceilings if I can, y you think grasshopper because I have had then peel on me when painting asuwere

No just 3 handfuls to a bag.

i remember in our early 20s we were paid £8 a metre to bond and skim 'jurys in hotels' ceilings in chelsea.
i cant remember how many rooms about 170.
a lad went ahead with a roller pva'd concrete ceilings and chopped off any concrete lumps.
a lad mixing bonding mixed with skim 50/50....i 1 coated them while my bother troweled them once behind me done a floor a day lol....we made an absolute fortune.
ceilings were artexed behind us.
spent the few grand a day we earned on drink and drugs and flashy clothes cars and woman
now weve both got 200 kids and skimming in the north west on £2.50.
crazy world lol.

i remember in our early 20s we were paid £8 a metre to bond and skim 'jurys in hotels' ceilings in chelsea.
a lad went ahead with a roller pva'd concrete ceilings and chopped off any concrete lumps.
a lad mixing bonding mixed with skim 50/50....i 1 coated them while my bother troweled them once behind me done a floor a day lol....we made an absolute fortune.
spent the few grand a day we earned on drink and drugs and flashy clothes cars and woman
crazy world lol.
Once a rough chancer always a...............

crazy world lol.
hahahahaha

Zombie mix lol that mix was about before zombie was eating solid food.

3 handfuls to one bag of multi? Wtf? Won’t touch the sides.

I do about a third of a bag of bonding to 1 bag multi. Hangs like f**k on artex . 1 coat of that then 1 tight coat multi.

The artex needs to be thick as f**k to use this method though. Generally if peaks off a denser first coat of multi will cover it

Zombie mix lol that mix was about before zombie was eating solid food.

3 handfuls to one bag of multi? Wtf? Won’t touch the sides.

I do about a third of a bag of bonding to 1 bag multi. Hangs like f**k on artex . 1 coat of that then 1 tight coat multi.

The artex needs to be thick as f**k to use this method though. Generally if peaks off a denser first coat of multi will cover it
Yip, third bonding to one bag of multi gets you over rich artex paterns. Nice to skim over if you time it right for suction. Suction can be your worst enemy or your best friend.

I only do domestic work now . Covering artex all the time . If you think a bag of multi will do it mix a bag and a quarter should b enough left in tub to second coat. And will go off quicker than mixing fresh stuff. Good luck.