MP hand Applied

Status
Not open for further replies.
MP is great stuff to use but I find if you need to dub out heavy to door frames etc it's a bit of a pain
Your right Eddie we mixed some stiff gear up to build up round beads on the veluxs and the joints (tapered edge boards) first before we skimmed anything but on board work I prefer it to multi.

Your right Eddie we mixed some stiff gear up to build up round beads on the veluxs and the joints (tapered edge boards) first before we skimmed anything but on board work I prefer it to multi.

I find that if u build out as much as poss to the frame etc then throw some dry MP dust onto it will help it pick up a lot quicker :RpS_thumbup:

God it's great to be a Paddy helping out you Tommies on St Geoffrey's day :RpS_laugh:

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Right, been to the New Cube Building at Knauf HQ in Sittingbourne today....... Bought this post and the interest in MP Finish and unfortunate supply issue problems to the relavant management during the day....

There will be some brain storming with regards to how we can make it easier for stock to be available to the market (as discussed, supply and demand is an issue for merchants and distributors, along with stock supply verses shelf life). Initial ideas may take a few weeks to get sorted (wheels within business take time and management have to chew things over....) - anyway, watch this space!

In the mean time, if anyone is looking for local stockists - can I suggest you contact Knauf on 01795424499, advise your location and get the contact details for your local area sales manager.... they should be able to advise and assist in supplying locally and finding a supplier. (Please advise if you are looking at supply via distribution or builders merchant, some areas have dedicated sales teams for each).

Can I suggest that you guys help each other in the short term - if you get some MP Finish in to suit yourself, let us all know so other local spreads near you can get in touch with the same outlet...

As always - although MP Finish is not a product I specifically look after - do not hesitate in getting in touch with me if you have any further issues or questions....

Thanks for the interest and enthusiasm....

Good Luck

Rich

Last edited:
The DIY outlets - such as Wickes and B&Q are a different animal...... this is probably not something we can address very quickly at all....

Will try to raise this separately once the initial things have been addressed

(unless someone from Wickes or B&Q - or other DIY outlets - read this and get in touch directly with the Knauf Acct Management)

Sorry...

Hi Guys

Right, been to the New Cube Building at Knauf HQ in Sittingbourne today....... Bought this post and the interest in MP Finish and unfortunate supply issue problems to the relavant management during the day....

There will be some brain storming with regards to how we can make it easier for stock to be available to the market (as discussed, supply and demand is an issue for merchants and distributors, along with stock supply verses shelf life). Initial ideas may take a few weeks to get sorted (wheels within business take time and management have to chew things over....) - anyway, watch this space!

In the mean time, if anyone is looking for local stockists - can I suggest you contact Knauf on 01795424499, advise your location and get the contact details for your local area sales manager.... they should be able to advise and assist in supplying locally and finding a supplier. (Please advise if you are looking at supply via distribution or builders merchant, some areas have dedicated sales teams for each).

Can I suggest that you guys help each other in the short term - if you get some MP Finish in to suit yourself, let us all know so other local spreads near you can get in touch with the same outlet...

As always - although MP Finish is not a product I specifically look after - do not hesitate in getting in touch with me if you have any further issues or questions....

Thanks for the interest and enthusiasm....

Good Luck

Rich

well done rich. someone actually trying to do something for once. Out of interest who is the 'richard lord' of mp finish so to speak. would it not be worth them signing up here?

Power to the Spreads on the Forum.....

Unfortunately, I am merely the conduit in this process, but I will keep pestering for you and hopefully we will be able to get something changed to make it easier for you all.....

I trust that you will play your part and give it a fair crack.... I am sure that any changes that get made by Knauf will be judged on change in volume sales...

Thanks for your positive feedback so far!

well done rich. someone actually trying to do something for once. Out of interest who is the 'richard lord' of mp finish so to speak. would it not be worth them signing up here?

Cheers Beddy

Not met the new guy - Richard Lord of MP Finish so to speak...... Like his name though!

The DIY outlets - such as Wickes and B&Q are a different animal...... this is probably not something we can address very quickly at all....

Will try to raise this separately once the initial things have been addressed

(unless someone from Wickes or B&Q - or other DIY outlets - read this and get in touch directly with the Knauf Acct Management)

Sorry...

Travis perkins will suit me!

I had a chat with my local merchant the other day. They stock knauf boards and addy etc.
They don't get mp because they are worried it won't sell. I'm the only one who has asked about it and I'm not going to buy a pallet for myself any time soon.

I had a chat with my local merchant the other day. They stock knauf boards and addy etc.
They don't get mp because they are worried it won't sell. I'm the only one who has asked about it and I'm not going to buy a pallet for myself any time soon.

my point exactly. imo if knauf want to start shifting it more they need to give out a few pallets.unless their happy with their sales already :RpS_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.