MP hand Applied

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knauf should sort it out with wickes. In stead of selling re bagged gear sell Knauf products at a reasonable price.

If we all actually said we would buy the stock let's make sure we do!

is their one coat more expensive than mp75? I know its the same gear but I suspect they charge more

Good tactic beddy, am sure that it will work with freebie, when spreadies love it then will buy them - £8 is worth it as spread more and very workable and minimal wetting when trowel off.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

8 quid a bag and it takes 4 hours to set.feck that son

is their one coat more expensive than mp75? I know its the same gear but I suspect they charge more

I still think Wickes is the best root to get it out there. If they put 1 pallet every 6 months in each store I'm sure it would sell.

I meant theyre selling rebagged mp75 as 'wickes one coat' £6 a bag more than knauf sell it. they couldn't do that with the skim else itll be too expensive

yeah but initially spreads wouldnt see that they would just see 25kg of bg for a fiver and 25 kg of knauf for 8 or more quid so guess which one they will choose, look the long and short of it is we all like knauf and someone needs to wake up put they're big boy pants on and say today is the day we take on bg and send them a message that we are gunning for them.
i have used knauf finish and prefer it knauf dab and prefer it knauf boards and prefer them, ive also had a whole bottle of wine an then a litre bottle of three barrels tonight so cnt remember what else haha but generally i prefer knauf but buy bg for convenience

Last edited:
MP hand Applied
wehey

about a fiver a bag I think buddy. maybe just under
If you buy 5 or more its defo under a fiver.....................or just get a pallet of split bags for £2.50 each..........................:RpS_thumbup:

What I want to know is why it so much more? Does it cost more to produce or have Knauf just decided to price it higher as it covers more?

It does work out more cost effective then Multi/Board but that's only if you get it at the price we do when we buy it at £8 a bag it's not worth the ball ache.

If they did get the cost down to BG levels then it would smash it out the park. Every contractor would wake up and see the savings to be had and all the spreads would be happy as it's a better material.

so about £1.80 a bag more. realistically how much more meterage do you get?
I get around 8m2 on average using multi and at least double using mp if not bit more! Think @Curry or @clemo or @Jurek best to ask as was first time I used it in France but I think its great stuff and hope to source it here asap. You can spread it so thin as no gritty bits in it at all its like spreading warm butter. Great stuff :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your lad would have thanked me in france. hed only have had to mix up two buckets for that big ceiling lol

I have phoned Penlaw keyline jewson and Travis will try ccf tomorrow if not I'll be sticking with bg not.going to waste my time tracking down materials I can't see why knauf would not push there product

Yes @beddy with multi finish on board (on average) 2coat around 8m2 but using MP again two coat finish easy 16m2 + depends on filling out to beads or curves etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.