MP hand Applied

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassie

Tried this today and tols scissorhands I would do a review..

did about 25m2 in 2 gauges.. 3 walls over boards and 1 wall over artex ( kitchen )
the MP went on very nice , smooth to spread,, maybe should have tried it on a normal room 1st as there were 12 sockets and 4 pipes to go round , as I wasn;t 100% sure with the timings, anyway I went from loving it, to hating it, and finished with a its ok... am I too old at 49 to be bothered grasping the timings of the gear as opposed to GB finish.. I am going to use it again, but i have to say the finish wasn;t like my normal finish using GB multi/board.. it was good tho.. guessing I have to get a grasp of the different timings.. found it not so good round the two windows ( reveals/soffits ) but again thats the 1st time I;ve used the MP finish... and I applied it pretty much as it says on the bag...

hope this review is a good read... if not fuk off ( its my duty to add that bit )

Tried this today and tols scissorhands I would do a review..

did about 25m2 in 2 gauges.. 3 walls over boards and 1 wall over artex ( kitchen )
the MP went on very nice , smooth to spread,, maybe should have tried it on a normal room 1st as there were 12 sockets and 4 pipes to go round , as I wasn;t 100% sure with the timings, anyway I went from loving it, to hating it, and finished with a its ok... am I too old at 49 to be bothered grasping the timings of the gear as opposed to GB finish.. I am going to use it again, but i have to say the finish wasn;t like my normal finish using GB multi/board.. it was good tho.. guessing I have to get a grasp of the different timings.. found it not so good round the two windows ( reveals/soffits ) but again thats the 1st time I;ve used the MP finish... and I applied it pretty much as it says on the bag...

hope this review is a good read... if not fuk off ( its my duty to add that bit )

Next time you use it mix it ticker

I scratched on .. waited 30 mins ( near enough 30 mins time I finished ) then dropped back and layed it down .. waites 30 mins and flattened off, waited 25 mins gave it a trowel up with a bit of water, waited til it turned colour and dry trowelled.. that sound right ? how many metres would you put on in one hit by yourself ? its just different to BG;s gear.. I like it tho.... cheers mate.

I scratched on .. waited 30 mins ( near enough 30 mins time I finished ) then dropped back and layed it down .. waites 30 mins and flattened off, waited 25 mins gave it a trowel up with a bit of water, waited til it turned colour and dry trowelled.. that sound right ? how many metres would you put on in one hit by yourself ? its just different to BG;s gear.. I like it tho.... cheers mate.
was that on boards?

U did it all right. It's on cold days I find the timing can be a lot different. And if it's -5 don't use it.

U did it all right. It's on cold days I find the timing can be a lot different. And if it's -5 don't use it.

cheers pal, can you get the finish comparable with multi/board finish ? I was happy enough with my MP finish... just new to me , so wasnt right up with my GB finish...

Remember using Knaufs white stuff years back,Universal board finish I think it was called. It went for miles but plenty of lads couldnt get on with it.It was shite for overskims but great on boards.

I lay a second coat almost straight away and have it finished way before it darkens off. Final polish next day

I lay a second coat almost straight away and have it finished way before it darkens off. Final polish next day

Is that what you did at the training day Curry?...................did the knauf guru's not put you on the naughty step?

:RpS_thumbsup:...................spunky will be proud young grasshopper.......................:RpS_wink:

When you say straight away, do you mean once you,ve 1st coated the wall say 12m2 , then turn back and lay it down..>?

thats what did when i first used it before chrimbo and it went like a dream :RpS_thumbup: then arti reminded me i should wait half an hour between coats and the next job ended up like ground zero :RpS_mad: back to second coating straight off the last couple of days and alls fine again :RpS_thumbup:

2nd coat straight away ?? how much you put on tho before 2nd coating ? ie. do you cover the whole wall then drop back to 2nd coat ?

thats what did when i first used it before chrimbo and it went like a dream :RpS_thumbup: then arti reminded me i should wait half an hour between coats and the next job ended up like ground zero :RpS_mad: back to second coating straight off the last couple of days and alls fine again :RpS_thumbup:
what happens if you're doing a big set though it would have to pull in?

A bad workman always blames.............................erm...........................some other workman who doesnt know wtf he's on about....................:RpS_blushing:

you let me down, you let the forum down, but worst of all, you let yourself down .....:rolleyes)

hang on, it was me who did that ceiling .... :RpS_blushing:

i've got the money :RpS_thumbup: that ceiling was guaranteed until the cheque cleared, which was today :RpS_thumbup:

iv'e ran out of mp, now. back to multi.

Status
Not open for further replies.