MP hand Applied

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live near to Knauf immingham site and is there any way they can supply me the mp finish ? I had to agree that mp finish is far more superior to multi and lovely stuff to work with - as I have used mp finish all the time at my plastering course at college as Knauf supplied them. Two pallet full! Plus it require wet trowel to trowel off!

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Hi Ryan

I am not commercial (I am a techie looking after Aquapanel Exterior)

Drop an E Mail to the office and get the local Area Sales Manager's details and ask....

Good Luck Mate

@ryanswart I have been round the site at Immingham. . Bout 15 min from my house.. let me kno if you manage to get mp finish around here.. !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen it round here but my local yard stocks knauf boards and adhesive so might ask them if they could get some in?
I prefer the knauf boards to the bg ones.

I tried to post from the reg site but it wouldn't let me??
Mp finish is brilliant on board work (the boards here in France anyway that's my disclaimer lol) certainly more forgiving than multi plus a 110m2 ceiling on a rolling hit?? I'd have run off!! The MP finish is like spreading soft butter on toast and the more you you play with it the softer it gets! (Steady lads its bloody plaster) in short I feel its brilliant and know some good lads rate it on here too so hope I source some near me when I get home?? Not sure it would be good for a reskim tho??

i used mp on a reskim with just pva and it was mustard pair play it was a reskim that had been skimmed once already onto new boards by someone else and ...................lets just say didnt work out so we came in pva and reskim in mp, ill give it the norfolk rateing of 5 thumbs up:RpS_thumbup:

Yeah first coat is thicker , let it set in a bit , then apply thinner second coat, make it safe, then trowel off when set in a bit. Loved the smell of it, only con is cost more than multi but spread further.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile ApptAp!

Ryan how long have you had the fetish for smelling plaster? :RpS_laugh:

I tried to post from the reg site but it wouldn't let me??
Mp finish is brilliant on board work (the boards here in France anyway that's my disclaimer lol) certainly more forgiving than multi plus a 110m2 ceiling on a rolling hit?? I'd have run off!! The MP finish is like spreading soft butter on toast and the more you you play with it the softer it gets! (Steady lads its bloody plaster) in short I feel its brilliant and know some good lads rate it on here too so hope I source some near me when I get home?? Not sure it would be good for a reskim tho??

Greg have you tried Berry's in Leyland? There isn't much they don't have there!

yeah it is a good book, but if you can get hold of a Millar book its worth its weight in gold- loads of old techniques for restoration work

Spoke to my local keyline and they don't.stock it either they said try ccf by the sound of it the only reason people aren't using it is because it's hard to get it

Our local CCF no longer stock MP Finish. Reckon they never have! Something fishy going on what with it getting more popular

id like to try it but I aint ordering a full pallet that's for sure. yes I can understand the merchants will only stock whats asked for but maybe knauf need to stick their neck on the line, hand out a few free pallets around the country and tell each customer that enquires they can have 2-3 bags each as a trial

I asked in my merchants if they knew about the new magnetic plaster and he smiled and went 'go on then...' he thought it was a joke lol

ive said it once and ill say it again knauf are pussy wussies they wont try and get they're product out there more than it is now, apparently we have to do that for them, but that will never happen in the quantities they want becuase id imagine theres a vast amount of spreads out there that have never herd of mp finish, soooooo what they are saying in long terms in yeah we cant be arsed and the bg conglomerate just rolls on:rolleyes)
multi is soo easy to get hold of nothing will change unless knauf grow some balls and get some product out there

like I said jase. for example 100 pallets across the country will cost them how much. But it potentially opens them up to thousands of new customers

I will be in the office Wednesday.... I will get some management to see this thread.....

Plasters are not really my area of expertise, but we have a merchant key acct manager so will get him to have a read as well....

Start pulling from your end as well.... the more who ask for it the more likelyhood that outlets will put it on the shelf....

I will be in the office Wednesday.... I will get some management to see this thread.....

Plasters are not really my area of expertise, but we have a merchant key acct manager so will get him to have a read as well....

Start pulling from your end as well.... the more who ask for it the more likelyhood that outlets will put it on the shelf....
Its brilliant on board work and I'm looking forward to source it near me for any future skimming on boards as it blows away BG multi in my opinion and around 18m2 per bag!!?? Its great stuff to use and I look forward to using it again

Any chance of getting moaty to sort out that MP finish he promised me last year, Rich :-/

We had to leave a pallet behind in France as no room in the van, bit far to go to get some bags Ryan lol :RpS_laugh:

have to disagree rich. my merchants use lafarge and bg. Their not going to order a pallet of mp finish just for me. I doubt theyd even bother asking other spreads if they were interested. but if knauf give them a couple of free pallets and said hand it out. people love a freebie. let them try it and see what they think. when they realise they get more to a bag the extra cost wont seem so bad. whereas if they said oh weve got this new plaster in its £8 a bag (or whatever it is) the spread will probably say no thanks ill stick to bg

Status
Not open for further replies.