MP hand Applied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the couple of lads who answered I;ll take it no one knows much about MP ?? no big deal, im happy enough with it..

Tried this today and tols scissorhands I would do a review..

did about 25m2 in 2 gauges.. 3 walls over boards and 1 wall over artex ( kitchen )
the MP went on very nice , smooth to spread,, maybe should have tried it on a normal room 1st as there were 12 sockets and 4 pipes to go round , as I wasn;t 100% sure with the timings, anyway I went from loving it, to hating it, and finished with a its ok... am I too old at 49 to be bothered grasping the timings of the gear as opposed to GB finish.. I am going to use it again, but i have to say the finish wasn;t like my normal finish using GB multi/board.. it was good tho.. guessing I have to get a grasp of the different timings.. found it not so good round the two windows ( reveals/soffits ) but again thats the 1st time I;ve used the MP finish... and I applied it pretty much as it says on the bag...

hope this review is a good read... if not fuk off ( its my duty to add that bit )

Sorry I missed this earlier (been very very busy start to the year for me!)

Thanks for the honest review Cassie - I knew we would get one from you

I am glad that you will be looking to use it again and it proves that regardless of age new products are worth a look

As you correctly state, the timings are different, and other have pointed out other methods... (cheers guys)

Good Luck for the rest of the year!

how many seperate gauges with the 30m2 ? or do you knock 2 bags straight up ?

I mix a bag and a half for the first coat then I'll mix a bucket for my 2nd coat. So about 2 bags or a bit more depends how bad the walls are.

Thanks for the extra comments Clemo and Curry

grateful

it anyone wants a try, I believe the Immingham date is being looked at (Danny will advise soon), but in the mean time get in touch with me for help sourcing and Knauf contacts (if needed)

Ner marra. Waiting for moaty to get some dropped off. Also still waiting for the invite to the training demo @ Gateshead college sometime this month

Runswithsciissors Is it more expensive than multi and is it compatible with hardwall/bonding etc ?

Mp is s great finish to use......but a struggle when coating heavy ie door frames.
only skimmed over artex once with it ..NEVER EVER AGAIN !!!

I hope I'm wrong but we had a set today and you know when all of a sudden multi goes **** because they've messed around with it, I think it may of happened

i did a ceiling with it today boards 20m2 i put first coat on then second straight away left it for 30ish mins then troweled it left it then tried to trowel it again. It dragged like fcuk so i sponged the f**k*r troweled it left it gave it a hard one and it looked spot on.
i got to use it again tomorrow over artex :RpS_scared:

Runswithsciissors Is it more expensive than multi and is it compatible with hardwall/bonding etc ?

Evening Spunky

Not my area or expertise, but I believe that it is more expensive per bag, but the bag goes at lot further, so per m2 it is cheaper (as a skim)

not sure about verses other products mate.

get in touch if you want local stickist details or the local Knauf contact details

@spunky Never used it on Hardwall so cant comment, however done about 800m2 onto board & over-skim and its gash. The old chestnut of its more expensive but goes further so cheaper per m2 is a dangly carrot it works out at pence difference per m2 and is not as forgiving as multi or board, also if your merchants don't stock it you'll get talked into buying a pallet. Sometimes better the devil you know.

Last edited by a moderator:

i've used it with both, spunky, next day when dry and same day when still green. no problems with either. only had problems over artex: flash set :RpS_cursing: bubbling, probably too soon on second coat. got it for about £7 50 a bag first time around but then when i went back for more it was nearer £9. 00 ...:RpS_laugh:

Durex.... If you could get it easier, would you use it?

i'd carry on testing it. used it on a h/s/l this week and the bloke was over the moon, loved the finish when it was dry. i'd want it cheaper, yes, but it's getting the hang of it thats more important. that ceiling was a nightmare scenario. long, long time since somethin like that's happened. i've a full house refurb over the next month so i'll be giving it a go on that. it'll let me "experiment" with the timings, backgrounds etc. without me looking like a cretin. house ie empty and i have the keys

i'd carry on testing it. used it on a h/s/l this week and the bloke was over the moon, loved the finish when it was dry. i'd want it cheaper, yes, but it's getting the hang of it thats more important. that ceiling was a nightmare scenario. long, long time since somethin like that's happened. i've a full house refurb over the next month so i'll be giving it a go on that. it'll let me "experiment" with the timings, backgrounds etc. without me looking like a cretin. house ie empty and i have the keys

Just ring my technical hotline if you get problems with the product marra........................and i can refer to the technical literature

on the back of the bag.........................:RpS_thumbup:

Jurex - give me a shout (07918766577) and I will get the local Knauf sales person try and fix your price......

Apart from the couple of lads who answered I;ll take it no one knows much about MP ?? no big deal, im happy enough with it..

That's due to the secret handshake, special nod, password protected buying selection process......

or in otherwords no fecker stocks it! :rolleyes)

was down at the job i used the mp on today, dried out and looks nice, thanks for the advice lads,,,

would you use it again cassie through preference?

I'm going to use it again mate yes, prefer GB, but thats because Ive been using it last 30 odd years and know whats what with it, but i;ll get used to the timings etc with MP, its a nice finish colour aswell, came out brilliant for the 1st time aswell... I would however say make sure your 1st job with it is nice flat walls, mine had sockets, pipework and two decent size windows, so was a bit of a **** with something your not used to... i would take the advice off here as opposed to the bag instructions next time, but all in all was very pleased with it..

I'm going to use it again mate yes, prefer GB, but thats because Ive been using it last 30 odd years and know whats what with it, but i;ll get used to the timings etc with MP, its a nice finish colour aswell, came out brilliant for the 1st time aswell... I would however say make sure your 1st job with it is nice flat walls, mine had sockets, pipework and two decent size windows, so was a bit of a **** with something your not used to... i would take the advice off here as opposed to the bag instructions next time, but all in all was very pleased with it..

Good advice/feedback mate!:RpS_thumbup:

Sounds like you recon its got plenty of potential then mate...would love to just be able to pick a couple of bags up and try on an appropriate job...though recon I could be plastering another 20yrs and still not get round to trying due to stockist situation...its crazy when you think of about it really!

So do you think waiting 30 mins between coats is incorrect?

So do you think waiting 30 mins between coats is incorrect?

Im still playing with it mate, it says 30 mins on bag, but was told by a guy at Knauf to go straight over with 2nd coat, what i was trying to work out is how fast do you second coat, for eg. On this job, i 1st coated the room in 25 mins, so layed in down straight away, or do i put one wall on, then lay that down straight away, and work round like that ? as i said it turned out nice, probably try the other way next job...

Im still playing with it mate, it says 30 mins on bag, but was told by a guy at Knauf to go straight over with 2nd coat, what i was trying to work out is how fast do you second coat, for eg. On this job, i 1st coated the room in 25 mins, so layed in down straight away, or do i put one wall on, then lay that down straight away, and work round like that ? as i said it turned out nice, probably try the other way next job...

Thats what I do first coat for about half hour then mix and 2nd coat.

that's exactly i did it, @cassie, for the first job, and it turned out the box deluxe. then i listened to some unsound advice ...:RpS_angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good advice/feedback mate!:RpS_thumbup:

Sounds like you recon its got plenty of potential then mate...would love to just be able to pick a couple of bags up and try on an appropriate job...though recon I could be plastering another 20yrs and still not get round to trying due to stockist situation...its crazy when you think of about it really!

Where you based Zombie?

My number is on a post earlier, call me on Monday and we will have a chat and find somewhere for you to get some and try it!

Rich

Plaster shrinks back Cassie you should always try and let you're first coat take in before applying you're second coat, would have thought you'd now that with an ego the size of the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.