More Time With Extratime™

Status
Not open for further replies.
that could get complicated
Have to take in context though, this was pre beads. This was the era of hession skrim, hard arasses and corking joints and plungers made of chain wheels brings a tear to the eye..................torture..

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

Have to take in context though, this was pre beads. This was the era of hession skrim, hard arasses and corking joints and plungers made of chain wheels brings a tear to the eye..................torture..

that long ago :D

Still going to counselling after working with my father in the eighties.Torture was'nt the word.

Read a post other evening about mixing browning in a bath with rake, swear to god brought it all back, came out in a cold sweat.

The two chaps I started with use to make me use a mixer in a plasterers bath... I was like why are we not using a bugger bucket or a water butt?... it was hard work mixing in the bath....

Wouldn't surprise me if this was cream of tartar put in to small bags to sell at a large profit.

Unless you've been told otherwise Danny?

I've never used it myself but if cream of tartar works, wouldn't you just have a tub of that in the van?

Wouldn't surprise me if this was cream of tartar put in to small bags to sell at a large profit.

I've never used it myself but if cream of tartar works, wouldn't you just have a tub of that in the van?

I am not sure to be honest... I will ask the question...

I think it may be the case that it has been worked out to be exact for 25KG bag.. ie convenience :D

Lets be fair to the bloke he's probably used COT for years after finding out it even worked when some lad on site told him about it like the rest of us. I'm not knocking him for his product but it'd need to be priced accordingly to but it instead of from waitrose.

I'd imagine his product is just the key ingredient of tatar and not other stuff that makes it suitable for cooking with. Good luck to him for giving it a shot though.

The two chaps I started with use to make me use a mixer in a plasterers bath... I was like why are we not using a bugger bucket or a water butt?... it was hard work mixing in the bath....

I remember using an early monocouche product called cemrend, the stuff was delivered, a rep told us the crack, and we did the top half of a 4 bed with it, probably about 70 or 80 bags looking back, all mixed in a bath with a shovel!!!
My uncle who mixed it died last year, fook knows how he lasted so long![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the dude or dudes who are selling this stuff going to post any comments or anything ...would of thought they would want to give a some answers to things like how they tested it and that it is ok to use etc
@Danny

Just invented this lads (y)
Get in get the job done & feck off :bananahappy::birra:

Anyone want any pm me for a good deal, extra 5p if you want the powder in a bag ;)

:sisi:

Fair play to the guy hope he does ok out of it, I suppose it will have a use but very rarely do I want to wait around for it to go off. It might suit colleges who teach plastering or maybe the DIY market. You can guarantee someone will throw the lot in for more time, but the age old problem of plastering is people playing with it so might not be the best idea. I think putting on enough to control is more important but some people like to stretch them selves. I suppose you could throw the full room on in a domestic which might be worth having. Interesting to see how it goes but I think something to send it off quicker would be a bigger seller and more useful.

Fair play to the guy hope he does ok out of it, I suppose it will have a use but very rarely do I want to wait around for it to go off. It might suit colleges who teach plastering or maybe the DIY market. You can guarantee someone will throw the lot in for more time, but the age old problem of plastering is people playing with it so might not be the best idea. I think putting on enough to control is more important but some people like to stretch them selves. I suppose you could throw the full room on in a domestic which might be worth having. Interesting to see how it goes but I think something to send it off quicker would be a bigger seller and more useful.
First time ever I probably agree with ya:muyenojado:
:birra:

the good old days :inocente::inocente: :lol:

Should be fun reading about all the horror stories of chancers using this stuff & banging on double what they normally would & then it all starts going off at the same time & then they can't keep up & trowel it up in time lol :rolleyes:

Suppose they could use the Speedscam as that doubles your meter age apparently :inocente:

Always read the small print :sisi:
From the website:

"When used to the manufacturers guidelines the user can expect an additional 30-60 minutes of extra time before the finishing plaster becomes unworkable. Eazymix Limited's only obligation shall be, to replace such quantities of product proved to be defective. The user shall determine the suitablility in connection therewith. Since the product is used under conditions beyond our control, we cannot assume any liability for the results obtained or damage incurred in excess of the purchase price of the above mentioned product."

:rolleyes:

Should be fun reading about all the horror stories of chancers using this stuff & banging on double what they normally would & then it all starts going off at the same time & then they can't keep up & trowel it up in time lol :rolleyes:

Suppose they could use the Speedscam as that doubles your meter age apparently :inocente:

From the website:

"When used to the manufacturers guidelines the user can expect an additional 30-60 minutes of extra time before the finishing plaster becomes unworkable. Eazymix Limited's only obligation shall be, to replace such quantities of product proved to be defective. The user shall determine the suitablility in connection therewith. Since the product is used under conditions beyond our control, we cannot assume any liability for the results obtained or damage incurred in excess of the purchase price of the above mentioned product."

:rolleyes:
I was offering similar terms with my dirty water jarscam :)

hi mark from eazymix/ extratime been reading a lot of coments on my product.it,s there to make the job a bit easier.plastering is always a race against time.i understand plasterers wo,nt use it on every job it,s just handy to have if its an extra large wall or big ceiling.ot all comes down to how quick a spreader you are and if you want to take some pressure off

From the website:

"When used to the manufacturers guidelines the user can expect an additional 30-60 minutes of extra time before the finishing plaster becomes unworkable. Eazymix Limited's only obligation shall be, to replace such quantities of product proved to be defective. The user shall determine the suitablility in connection therewith. Since the product is used under conditions beyond our control, we cannot assume any liability for the results obtained or damage incurred in excess of the purchase price of the above mentioned prod

From the website:

"When used to the manufacturers guidelines the user can expect an additional 30-60 minutes of extra time before the finishing plaster becomes unworkable. Eazymix Limited's only obligation shall be, to replace such quantities of product proved to be defective. The user shall determine the suitablility in connection therewith. Since the product is used under conditions beyond our control, we cannot assume any liability for the results obtained or damage incurred in excess of the purchase price of the above mentioned product.

eazymix here the product has been used on a lot of walls with different backgrounds and well tested.do,nt think there are going to be horror stories

mark from extratime here it,s not been made to use on every job because its not needed.but it is good to have when facing a big ceiling or wall which is going to test you

hi mark from eazymix/ extratime been reading a lot of coments on my product.it,s there to make the job a bit easier.plastering is always a race against time.i understand plasterers wo,nt use it on every job it,s just handy to have if its an extra large wall or big ceiling.ot all comes down to how quick a spreader you are and if you want to take some pressure off
Mark alot on here will take the piss but my 2 serious questions...how do u know it will not weaken the plaster?

2.what kind of testing in terms of time set of mixing 2/3/4 bag gauges did u do that u could share with us.

I just doubled my order
:bananahappy:

Nice one
(y)

And my mrs said to say thanks as well :chica:

mark from extratime glad its been a good help to you and your wife

Mark alot on here will take the piss but my 2 serious questions...how do u know it will not weaken the plaster?

2.what kind of testing in terms of time set of mixing 2/3/4 bag gauges did u do that u could share with us.

I,ve been using my product for over 12 month now on a varity of different backgrounds browning/bonding.plasterboards and also re-skimming walls.up to now I have,nt had any bad feedback from my customers it,s also been used and tested by a a lot of plasterers I know and has been in my local merchants for a while now I hav,nt had any bad feedback of plaster being weakend.

in testing its been used on up to mixing four bags at once and still works the same.

eazymix here the product has been used on a lot of walls with different backgrounds and well tested.do,nt think there are going to be horror stories

Yeah I was on about chancers & Cowboys horror stories because they don't know what they are doing, not the product.
But trust me there will be people on here moaning about something about it, there always is, someone moaning about one thing or another on here lol:sisi:

Welcome along by the way (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.