minimum wage

Members online

It is though, have a gander at those plasterers Facebook pages and you will see that it is self inflicted. I was told I was a con man becuase I thought £5/600 for a living room was fair whereas I was told it should be in the region of £250. You'd never hear plumbers and sparks having a conversation like that amongst themselves
I use to get £1200 for a lounge :) and 350 for a bathroom...

Race to the bottom

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

As an example, I quoted £250 for a small bedroom on that "my builder"
I was knocked back and 6 others shortlisted.
WTF are they charging?

IMG_6539.PNG
Here's a recent reply to quote , needless to say I'm not wasting further time on it.
But gives an example of what people believe they should be paying .
Try going into your local shop and get them to give you a breakdown of how they've arrived at their figures lol.
Fkin eejits.

WTF are they charging?
The site can be a minefield sum times did a small ceiling on there half a day n then sum on there want u do 3 average size walls done for the same price

WTF are they charging?

And who said it was because of cost ? Maybe your approach was wrong, maybe you was in fact to CHEAP, maybe they didn't like the fact you put a price in before seeing the job, may be you just need to stop assuming, because the fact is you have no idea if you was not short listed because you was expensive do you ?

View attachment 17430 Here's a recent reply to quote , needless to say I'm not wasting further time on it.
Try going into your local shop and get them to give you a breakdown of how they've arrived at their figures lol.
Fkin eejits.

Yes you don't need customers like that ,don't waste another second
In a reply
Just the joys of quoting some jobs unfortunately

And who said it was because of cost ? Maybe your approach was wrong, maybe you was in fact to CHEAP, maybe they didn't like the fact you put a price in before seeing the job, may be you just need to stop assuming, because the fact is you have no idea if you was not short listed because you was expensive do you ?

THey had a load of photos, how hard is it? Simple reskim? I was polite, explaining the process and options on materials. Emphasis on covering up and minimum disruption. My price was too high, simple

THey had a load of photos, how hard is it? Simple reskim? I was polite, explaining the process and options on materials. Emphasis on covering up and minimum disruption. My price was too high, simple

Your telling lies, because they never told you that lol, maybe they thought you was a bit full of yourself in the first instance.

Don't tell blantant lies mate.

WTF are they charging?

And they can only shortlist 5 so another lie you are peddling, in an attempt to big yourself up

what are you on about?
Are you stressed or something? chill out punchy
Why would being polite and giving a brief explanation of the job be full of yourself?
Yes your right , if you really insist i can screenshot it , there were 3 shortlisted in fact , i replied and in the ten minutes that the job was posted i was rejected and 3 others shortlisted, i wasnt really paying attention , 3/6 /5 whats it matter , i was rejected due to price.

I also gave a rough quote as you get shortlisted and have to pay then , client obv looked at the price and jogged on , fair enough , no harm done , better than paying for a lead , going out to pointlessly look at it , then give similar quote and be told nah its too dear.
Its too cheap , its recorded on the site so you have to pay tax , then materials , labour and all the other explained in many posts above, so your doing it for a day rate.

If people then want to do it for a net total of £60 thats up to them , whats your gyp? , are you one of them?

what are you on about?
Are you stressed or something? chill out punchy
Why would being polite and giving a brief explanation of the job be full of yourself?
Yes your right , if you really insist i can screenshot it , there were 3 shortlisted in fact , i replied and in the ten minutes that the job was posted i was rejected and 3 others shortlisted, i wasnt really paying attention , 3/6 /5 whats it matter , i was rejected due to price.

I also gave a rough quote as you get shortlisted and have to pay then , client obv looked at the price and jogged on , fair enough , no harm done , better than paying for a lead , going out to pointlessly look at it , then give similar quote and be told nah its too dear.
Its too cheap , its recorded on the site so you have to pay tax , then materials , labour and all the other explained in many posts above, so your doing it for a day rate.

If people then want to do it for a net total of £60 thats up to them , whats your gyp? , are you one of them?

Point is buddy you started off saying 6 people got shortlisted, then it's become 3 lol, lies my friend.

Just except they wanted others to quote and not you, cost was not the factor pmsl.

Every job you get does the person who doesn't get it say you was too cheap ?

Whatever you think yourself.

A large majority feel that sites like MyBuilder etc are client focused to drive prices down.
That would suggest that price is the major factor for a client when shortlisting on sites like this , yet you know different?

With almost 30 years experience plastering and over 20 self employed and pricing jobs from large commercial to small domestic , I feel I can make assumptions on why certain clients reject a quote.Not an exact science but you use your intuition.

And by no means would i think i was "full of myself" lol , im just a plasterer , loads better than me , i know where my skills lie and where im best positioned to make a few quid.
Ive done all right out of it and like a lot of people in that position you want to help others on the journey, encourage them and point them in the right direction.

Others are bitter and like to drag people down to their level.

Whatever you think yourself.

A large majority feel that sites like MyBuilder etc are client focused to drive prices down.
That would suggest that price is the major factor for a client when shortlisting on sites like this , yet you know different?

With almost 30 years experience plastering and over 20 self employed and pricing jobs from large commercial to small domestic , I feel I can make assumptions on why certain clients reject a quote.Not an exact science but you use your intuition.

And by no means would i think i was "full of myself" lol , im just a plasterer , loads better than me , i know where my skills lie and where im best positioned to make a few quid.
Ive done all right out of it and like a lot of people in that position you want to help others on the journey, encourage them and point them in the right direction.

Others are bitter and like to drag people down to
their level.

can you confirm for fact that the reason you wasn't shortlisted was Because you was to expensive ? No you cannot lol because you made that bit up as well as the 6 others shortlisted,

View attachment 17430 Here's a recent reply to quote , needless to say I'm not wasting further time on it.
Fkin eejits.
Half of what's been quoted?? What a f*cking liberty!! I used to think it was only me that gets these kind of customers.

Danny is there an "ignore" option?

APlasterer - your experience reminds me of a pub i plastered years ago , this guy was crazy , always moaning and moaning about the price , total nightmare of a job , ceilings were really high and needed click scaffold and all these dopey pattern panels ,pure melt of a job. But this guy wasnt happy , always a moan about the price , we were doing it for a wage is all.

Anyways , he was getting the bar refit and those big screen TVs came out at the time , he wanted 4 or 5 of them and the rep was there , (from memory gps!) he wanted 15grand for the TVs and said it would be another 2 grand to install them.
Not a bother he says , where do i sign :)
We all stood about looking at each other , the install was a days work ffs and us knocking our fecking balls out with all the height for a week.
Games not straight

I find when I put a price on a lead I occasionally get rejected and always presumed it was because they didnt like me pricing without seeing....on the other hand lots of qoutes I go to say they appreciated the estimate before seeing it as it gave them a ball park of what to expect. I always give an estimate if I can to save getting shortlisted if im to expensive.....i did a small bedroom on saturday for £250 and got an overboard and skim next saturday at £275 so dont think your off the mark on price depending on your area

That gps is a right dick ain't he?
Pulling someone up on something so minimal, 'in an attempt to big himself up'[emoji23]

By the way @gps, it's 'accept' not 'except' you illiterate clown. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fkin eejits.

I've had a couple of replies like that and it makes my blood boil. I really have to bite my tongue and not reply.

QS a shopper basically who doesn't wear there body out ask them if they could break down what they do to justify there wage.

I've had a couple of replies like that and it makes my blood boil. I really have to bite my tongue and not reply.

QS a shopper basically who doesn't wear there body out ask them if they could break down what they do to justify there wage.
Life's too short bud they won't be getting a reply anymore than any of the other idiots.
Sometimes they try back track etc but to no avail :)

Priced one last week, living room ceiling, h s and l ceilings and two bedroom ceilings for £750. I gave her option of doing bedroom walls for £200 in master bedroom. She emailed me and asked if the £200 was for both bedrooms walls I said no. She then emailed me to say it was three bedroom ceilings she wanted done and if I could do the extra ceiling and plaster the bedroom walls and do it all for £750 she would be happy to accept lol

Life's too short bud they won't be getting a reply anymore than any of the other idiots.
Sometimes they try back track etc but to no avail :)

I don't rethink and drop my prices when they do ask I tell them that Is the price. I look at it like if Someone quoted me then I said something and they dropped £100 or something off the bill then id be like well why didn't you do that in the first place. So my price is the best price haha.

Priced one last week, living room ceiling, h s and l ceilings and two bedroom ceilings for £750. I gave her option of doing bedroom walls for £200 in master bedroom. She emailed me and asked if the £200 was for both bedrooms walls I said no. She then emailed me to say it was three bedroom ceilings she wanted done and if I could do the extra ceiling and plaster the bedroom walls and do it all for £750 she would be happy to accept lol
Yeah fuk em , save up have it done at price stated or more to come back at a later date .
Preferably find someone else when it's going that way.

Yeah fuk em , save up have it done at price stated or more to come back at a later date .
Preferably find someone else when it's going that way.
Got the job to do original quote at original price, got the lad who works for me starting it tomorrow as I've took week off with the kids. I've sent him a copy of the quote so he knows exactly what's to get done as she'll probably try talk him into doing extra.

Got the job to do original quote at original price, got the lad who works for me starting it tomorrow as I've took week off with the kids. I've sent him a copy of the quote so he knows exactly what's to get done as she'll probably try talk him into doing extra.

Get him to bring a pen and a4 sheet and put it in sight and wright every extra down. I do this so the clients know exactly what extras are getting done. You can see in their faces them panicking when the sheet has to get turned over for more writing lol.

Get him to bring a pen and a4 sheet and put it in sight and wright every extra down. I do this so the clients know exactly what extras are getting done. You can see in their faces them panicking when the sheet has to get turned over for more writing lol.
He's been instructed to do nothing that isn't written on quote

Danny is there an "ignore" option?

APlasterer - your experience reminds me of a pub i plastered years ago , this guy was crazy , always moaning and moaning about the price , total nightmare of a job , ceilings were really high and needed click scaffold and all these dopey pattern panels ,pure melt of a job. But this guy wasnt happy , always a moan about the price , we were doing it for a wage is all.

Anyways , he was getting the bar refit and those big screen TVs came out at the time , he wanted 4 or 5 of them and the rep was there , (from memory gps!) he wanted 15grand for the TVs and said it would be another 2 grand to install them.
Not a bother he says , where do i sign :)
We all stood about looking at each other , the install was a days work ffs and us knocking our fecking balls out with all the height for a week.
Games not straight

Yeah there is an ignore butRon it's in your administration panEl :)

Parasite middle men / agencies are the problem and employers etc using them so they can just use humans like low paid slaves , its got much much much worse since agencies kicked in and the american style card systems were sold for a tender to american companies so we can be taxed via endless cscs card updates and shite , its b*ll***s the uk , utter b*ll***s............