lovely tip! but every cloud ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
evening all, been doing a job of late and finished up the other day even got a lovely tip as mentioned. we agreed to leave the gable end until the better weather, then i get a message on the weekend saying the scaffolders have done the gable ready as she forgot to ring and cancel them hmmmmm! any other day i would gladly do it but im out of my comfort zone with the weather this late on. i have read the previous posts about the frost proofer an rapid hardener but comments seem jaded. how much time would i get with with it? i need to keep my reputation whilst maintaining my high standards but also dont want to beep it up. thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• IMAG0260.jpg
    IMAG0260.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 411
  • IMAG0483.jpg
    IMAG0483.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 374
  • IMAG0513.jpg
    IMAG0513.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 449
  • IMAG0509_1.jpg
    IMAG0509_1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 365
Nice work, I've done this before but don't know the logistics of your job, spend a bit of time closing the work area in with a tarp,then get some heat in there whether it's gas or electric,

thanks super spread, sheeting is quite awkward on the gable end. i really just need to know how much time i have with the hardner as daylight fades fast this time of year.

SAS Europe do an ocr called rapid. I used ot at 3c and it took 3 hrs to set. Very nice material to use but it costs a lot and needs to be put on their Lite pre rend which is their ewi base coat.

If the money in the job can pay for the materials then it may be worth a go.

thanks guys, rigsby i see before you mentioned about wickes frost proofer and hardener. how long would i get to work with it before it goes off? my biggest hurdle is getting it to go off before light fades. should i wet the scratch or leave to help the suction? sorry for all the questions. cheers

thanks guys, rigsby i see before you mentioned about wickes frost proofer and hardener. how long would i get to work with it before it goes off? my biggest hurdle is getting it to go off before light fades. should i wet the scratch or leave to help the suction? sorry for all the questions. cheers

Im a bit like that sometimes il wet it and it goes off nice some il wet and it don't go off at all and sometimes I won't wet it after the scratch has cured for a week and it still doesn't go off .ive never really used additives like harderers but Ive been trying them out and there wikid I used rapid cement one time and today I used ever build frost and accelerator put 4 cups fulls in the top and I had it sponged in really nice by 12 pm .i think using the liquid is better than rapid cement

i use Wickes own and put 1 ltr to a Belle mixer full. 1.5ltr if it is really cold. 5:1 mix.

I have used the Lafarge rapid setting cement and that worked. Expensive though. I use it on well curing strong scratch coat.

never wet down in winter it just slides.

i use Wickes own and put 1 ltr to a Belle mixer full. 1.5ltr if it is really cold. 5:1 mix.

I have used the Lafarge rapid setting cement and that worked. Expensive though. I use it on well curing strong scratch coat.

never wet down in winter it just slides.

yeh probably easier just to use the liquids . Is that wickes good ? So if you left a scratch for a couple of weeks in the winter you wouldn't dampen it down a tad so you have time to get the panel on ..sometimes I've just went on it dry and it sucks in when I'm still laying up friggin nightmare

Usually the scratch draws in enough moisture from the air but if I do get some suction then a light flick of water with the brush.

evening all, got it done today. thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. i own/run a successful building company so dont always get to render as much as i would like but i really enjoy it, i could do it full time but not in the winter lol . thanks again.

Attachments

• IMAG0534.jpg
    IMAG0534.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 322
  • IMAG0536.jpg
    IMAG0536.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 306
  • IMAG0537 (1).jpg
    IMAG0537 (1).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 308
evening all, got it done today. thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. i own/run a successful building company so dont always get to render as much as i would like but i really enjoy it, i could do it full time but not in the winter lol . thanks again.

Nice job...

Status
Not open for further replies.