Rendering Finish problems

RenderHelp

Hello
I appointed a local Plasterer to carry out some plastering work and external render repair for me and I would like any professional opinion on what he has told me.
The Render was done in the heatwave of late June and within a couple of days it was obvious there were quality issues with his work. This became more evident as the render dried more and more. I rang the builder to discuss the issues and he returned within a week to take a look. I was told the render patches he has applied to areas that needed it had 'blown' and swelled in the heat and the cracks and separating was because it had all dried too quickly.
At the start of the job we agreed that all the render should be replaced along the front but he was now claiming it was solid in some areas and that is why he only patched.
He agreed to return once the weather cooled but he has yet to come and finish the job and repair the problems.
He is now claiming he cannot be blamed for the heat conditions or the weather and got very angry and shouted this fact - after months or saying more hot weather is to return and he has broken his arm and cannot work for 6-8 weeks. I suspect all these are excuses as he has been paid and does not want to return.
I attempted to explain that there are still areas that are left unfinished (rear wall lacking stop-bead and still has an exposed corner strip; along with a front corner that has developed damp on the inside. This was a corner that had particularly bad crumbling render and was patched)
My question is.. although I sympathize the weather may have dried it out too quickly I was unaware that would happen. Shouldn't he have known this beforehand and stopped until the weather cooled? also there are areas that were not in direct sun that has still 'blown'. Could his sand and cement mix been incorrect or poorly applied?
I found it strange that I was the one being shouted at down the phone when I was telling him I was unhappy with his work and asking him to repair the issues and finish the job.
The plasterer had an injury to his thumb on the second day of working and somehow managed to finish all the render part of the job in half a day; even though he has stated he would need at least three more days when the job started.
any professional tips or comments would be appreciated as at the moment he is blaming the weather.

Patch is a patch
Tbf in heatwave we had its ideal to keep direct sunlight off but patching up and maybe crap everywhere on a job for a builder might of been impossible to do .
I’d blame the builder

Wow your amazing!
Don't be daft zombie making the point Pete is judging something he has never looked at and honestly has no idea how it works.....the money I've done off that website is silly and people still call it names, anyone who thinks its shite give it a honest go and report back

Was a job yesterday to convert an old building into 12 apartments, must have been a quarter million job. It's not how a lot perceive it

Don't be daft zombie making the point Pete is judging something he has never looked at and honestly has no idea how it works.....the money I've done off that website is silly and people still call it names, anyone who thinks its shite give it a honest go and report back

But i hate to say it but your a prime examlpl

Chancers paradise that place!

Lol

Attachments

• 20180907_211417.jpg
    20180907_211417.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 271
To be clear I'm not talking about plastering jobs by they way, there's no enourmous plastering jobs on there, just normal re skims etc and a few private new builds

Summer can be a worse time than winter.

But most customers will prefer rendering done in summer than any other season. But a heat wave can be worse than frost. You can use Frost proofer in winter, they don't sell rapid hydration proofer.

Who’s decision was it to have it done in summer?

Autumn is a safe season for rendering.

But most customers will prefer rendering done in summer than any other season. But a heat wave can be worse than frost. You can use Frost proofer in winter, they don't sell rapid hydration proofer.

In this country I don’t think any season is perfect. It’s a balancing act all through the year. Never easy.

Winter is cold. Spring is all 4 seasons in one. Summer can be ok if no wind and cloud cover. Autumn is usually dry and not too hot or cold.

This year has been a bit too hot some days for slinging mud on a wall requiring a 28 day curing period. I didn’t work it. Not worth the risks.

I thought it was a bad idea to mix frotproofer whith waterproofer?

Hey no offence intended, tbf I’ve always said my builder and the likes was and is bad for trades, only my imo , no big deal
Let’s keep this thread on topic if at all possible
Rendering
The only part of job I find remotely interesting atm tbh ,