losing work to 1 coat skimmers ??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently had specs for jobs on new build and been specifically asked to quote for 1 coat skim system only - to save on cost.

they know this could be a slight compromise on finish but cost is king right now - not quality unfortunately. so many i see apply 1 coat now, I try to stay away from skimming if I can and stick to two coat work/render

Recently had specs for jobs on new build and been specifically asked to quote for 1 coat skim system only - to save on cost.

they know this could be a slight compromise on finish but cost is king right now - not quality unfortunately. so many i see apply 1 coat now, I try to stay away from skimming if I can and stick to two coat work/render

just stick spray finish on by hand one coat , its facking lurvley! Its longer set time lets you get a lot more on, just make sure its nice and flat in the first 15 mins

I only one coat board, reveals and the odd area. I've done one coat sets in under an hour to board which is bang on, and seen it whens its painted and you would never know.

Just above a fiver a bag. Takes about 2 and a half hours from when mixed. When spraying it takes about 3 as its can be applied wetter.

can u spray a set on inbetween a set. i can do that with mp finish.
How does that work then? Do u mean do a quick clean out then spray again when the first is being troweled?What's your gang size? What machine u using?

Throw it in the bin John prices cant get any tighter and tbh you might save yourself 10p perm on mats but the labours always going to be the same

Yeah fcuk that. If they start with that lark...asking for quotes for one coat skims surely the prices we get will end up being driven down further...as numptys start doing it for less and less to get the work.

im rendering on a block of flats at the mo and the gaffers told me.....no sorry insisted i scratch and top imediatly after, the scratch is still wet ffs started it thursday wen i came in friday it had started cracking already haha, but it saves them money apparently

haha it will i know that much thier not painting it either
no beads (although i like rendering with freehand corners rather than beads, specially as this one has curves and all sorts of shapes in it) no addetives no doin it properly just do it to the tune of the birds (cheep cheep)

im rendering on a block of flats at the mo and the gaffers told me.....no sorry insisted i scratch and top imediatly after, the scratch is still wet ffs started it thursday wen i came in friday it had started cracking already haha, but it saves them money apparently

Use rapid set cement in your scratch coat JR :rolleyes)

Hi guys thanks for all the posts , didn't think many would post about this , i'll stick to my ethics and 2 coat skim cheers for the input guys

i can only use what they give me mate i have normal rugby cement no addy and couple of ton on fine sharp,i wassnt involved in the ordering up, the scaff isnt even proper scaff its one of those clip ally towers that wobbles like **** specially went your 4 stories up, i hate the job but its a filler between jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.