Looking to have your home rendered

Members online

I can't disagree strongly enough about that comment.
I've seen plenty of dodgy rendering done by out and out rendering firms, and plenty of great rendering done by traditional plasterers.
I agree with you Andy
Some cracking plasterers that can render as good as any,
the point I'm trying to make is at the moment with the plaster shortage there's a lot of inexperienced plasterers having a go at monocouche so it's difficult for a customer to determine the good from the bad so they are going to have more of a chance of filtering out the s*** by inquiring to rendering firms,
A customer anywhere in my District will be able to drive no more than 10 miles and see more than 10 houses for reassurance

I no of several large nationwide Green deal approved, product approved companies that's work is dog shite there out there
Check this out @Tom81 this is two lads that have done the coarse :oops: Got rep here tomorrow there’s cracks and all sorts going on:envidioso
9FFCE469-6A81-4961-8A99-D098E1157F57.jpeg

F****** that's horrendous
That's the thing it's not an easy fix like a ceiling or wall inside,
People really need to make sure they're getting the right person where rendering is required
Get rid of s**t. Stick to sand cement that time served and has being round since 18 hundred. Thi s**t will face out in the nex ten years till they think of more s**t to put on walls.

Bad render jobs are nothing new, it’s usually badly fit Ewi projects we get called to look at, badly fit verge trims etc. Occasionally scratch renders done by one man bands or big outfits.

I would love to see a sand and cement job look as good as a thin coat job
That’s sand and cement and I think s&c done right looks better then all the modern day renders, smoother looking finish compared to the holey/pitted finish krend / thin coat give different strokes for different fokes I suppose

Attachments

• 1AEAD6AD-63ED-4DB7-8A02-70568914769E.jpeg
    1AEAD6AD-63ED-4DB7-8A02-70568914769E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 184
  • DAA591D2-C63D-4FA2-811E-5A2D986D44C5.jpeg
    DAA591D2-C63D-4FA2-811E-5A2D986D44C5.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 190
  • 5C68DF55-3F1C-4A3A-A029-CE6F18C0284B.jpeg
    5C68DF55-3F1C-4A3A-A029-CE6F18C0284B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 193
I agree with you Andy
Some cracking plasterers that can render as good as any,
the point I'm trying to make is at the moment with the plaster shortage there's a lot of inexperienced plasterers having a go at monocouche so it's difficult for a customer to determine the good from the bad so they are going to have more of a chance of filtering out the s*** by inquiring to rendering firms,
A customer anywhere in my District will be able to drive no more than 10 miles and see more than 10 houses for reassurance
I knew what you were getting at, but a comment dissing @John j 's rendering just couldn't go unchallenged.

I give up on this thread
I was just trying to point out the recent influx of s*** monocouche jobs and possible ways to avoid them,
Got no issues with sand and cement I use it all the time just in the form of pre-daged OCR
And high polymer fully meshed and charge a premium

What happened to the old piss head Irish mobs,stinking of piss,roll up and booze??...tbf they were a decent laugh and good renderers..
Quite ironic that it’s replaced by russian,stinking of b.o and garlic,and some weird fishy smell...like a foxes undercarriage...couldn’t bottle that s**t....who are slapping up mono and thin coat..

And tbf....I forgot where I was going with this?,?

I digress...carry on

What happened to the old piss head Irish mobs,stinking of piss,roll up and booze??...tbf they were a decent laugh and good renderers..
Quite ironic that it’s replaced by russian,stinking of b.o and garlic,and some weird fishy smell...like a foxes undercarriage...couldn’t bottle that s**t....who are slapping up mono and thin coat..

And tbf....I forgot where I was going with this?,?

I digress...carry on
@theclemo is still here, he’s just give up the roll ups.

I give up on this thread
I was just trying to point out the recent influx of s*** monocouche jobs and possible ways to avoid them,
Got no issues with sand and cement I use it all the time just in the form of pre-daged OCR
And high polymer fully meshed and charge a premium
Come on you know how the forum works.. put up a reasonable post, get shot down, bit of arguing, thread goes off on a tangent, you wonder why you bothered....

You're right!!
Sand and cement f****** w***
If you ain't got a machine and you do plastering as well you can't render your bunch of c**ts
all Renders are shite give me a bric/ stone house any day, plus mono/thin coat look soooo filthy dirty after 6-12 months anyway

You're right!!
Sand and cement f****** w***
If you ain't got a machine and you do plastering as well you can't render your bunch of c**ts
I do both Tom. Weathers normally unpredictable. I’ve got 3 new builds coming up and I won’t turn them away for render. I’ll play them both off. I can’t stand doing either full time. Mix it up. Works for me and keeps my head straight.

Check this out @Tom81 this is two lads that have done the coarse :oops: Got rep here tomorrow there’s cracks and all sorts going on:envidiosoView attachment 49870
I know nothing about modern renders really, done a monocouhe house about 20 years ago , I told the builder to get someone who does it day in day out, but he wanted me to do it, a rep came out and gave me a day tuition and in all fairness to myself looked good, ( tho I’m sure it would be pulled to pieces on here :ROFLMAO: and probably rightly so), any way I digress, would you not get those Bumps even if it was machine applied by the most experienced renderer, cos surely that’s shallow light making it look sh it?? Or am I wrong ?