Knauf Airless Day At Immingham

Used this shite last year had to get the technical guy Paul Bett out )he demo’d It for us prior to job starting). It was horrific to use! the machine a graco mkv is shite! The process is shite. All in all it’s shite. Knauf tech basically says it’s a thick paint! Shrinks like f!!!needs endless filling & sanding! Dusty! Basically tape & fill the job then pointlessly spray this shite on. Boarding has to absolutely spot on & on no site that we go to is it like that!! It’s supposedly the best thing since sliced bread but it’s not. Give me boardy all day every day !!

Used this shite last year had to get the technical guy Paul Bett out )he demo’d It for us prior to job starting). It was horrific to use! the machine a graco mkv is shite! The process is shite. All in all it’s shite. Knauf tech basically says it’s a thick paint! Shrinks like f!!!needs endless filling & sanding! Dusty! Basically tape & fill the job then pointlessly spray this shite on. Boarding has to absolutely spot on & on no site that we go to is it like that!! It’s supposedly the best thing since sliced bread but it’s not. Give me boardy all day every day !!

@Curry says the opposite

Can’t believe this , how many times did you spray mate ?

M8 that airless system is shite I used it over 8 years ago the geezer has just hit the nail on the head it’s rubbish and if it was that good we would all be using it..
It’s as simple as that really m8
Fair play, would help if people gave a bit more in depth reasoning to say this though mate especially for the likes of me just started looking into stuff and hear mixed reviews on different products and machines , makes it all a bit confusing, how many m2 did you roughly use it over and what machines ? Was the sanding the s**t bit ? Etc

To the guys that have had a negative experiance

Could you please explain the process, machines materials you used.

I'll then explain why it didn't work and what was done wrong. The technical instructors show the basics which is good but things can easily get lost by the time it comes to being on site alone

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Fair play, would help if people gave a bit more in depth reasoning to say this though mate especially for the likes of me just started looking into stuff and hear mixed reviews on different products and machines , makes it all a bit confusing, how many m2 did you roughly use it over and what machines ? Was the sanding the s**t bit ? Etc
Ello mate no problem just here to explain that the system..
I used it years ago and personally it’s not that much cop..
Joints have to be taped and filled then the 2 cost spray which I found needed to be rubbed down after..
The way I see it is like this..
If it was really that good of a product then surely we would all be using it??
Everyone goes on about the quality of bg at the moment which is true it’s gone s**t but the pure coat of this product would never take off in the uk..

Joints have to be taped and filled then the 2 cost spray which I found needed to be rubbed down after..
Everyone goes on about the quality of bg at the moment which is true it’s gone s**t but the pure coat of this product would never take off in the uk..
Cost

To the guys that have had a negative experiance

Could you please explain the process, machines materials you used.

I'll then explain why it didn't work and what was done wrong. The technical instructors show the basics which is good but things can easily get lost by the time it comes to being on site alone

Taped and jointed then sprayed with the Greco machine load of b*ll***s m8

It's quicker in the long run

Fair enough mate , tbf even my best mate would disagree that speedskim is good so I suppose it’s not for everyone, like everything , if it works for some but not others

Of course it is it’s a machine ;)but the cost of materials and the system itself will never take over from bg..
Also it’s a shite finish ..
It's quicker to apply

It dries quicker

The finish is better

It's better to decorate over and requires less prep and paint

BG are releasing their version this year

Fair enough mate , tbf even my best mate would disagree that speedskim is good so I suppose it’s not for everyone, like everything , if it works for some but not others
The other thing with this system you need perfect boarding in the real world on site we don’t get good boarding we get bull s**t which we can get over with multi and board finish..
You can do that with the airless m8

It's quicker to apply

It dries quicker

The finish is better

It's better to decorate over and requires less prep and paint

BG are releasing their version this year

I hope the gear will be a lot cheaper then because that gear would bankrupt the best of us m8

I hope the gear will be a lot cheaper then because that gear would bankrupt the best of us m8
The material costs are 25% more the multi

The Labour is 25% quicker

Our trade is 80% labour and 20% material

The extra cost in material is out weighed by the savings in labour

The material costs are 25% more the multi

The Labour is 25% quicker

Our trade is 80% labour and 20% material

The extra cost in material is out weighed by the savings in labour

I can see what you are saying but the reality is miles away from your way of thinking