Knauf Airless Day At Immingham

Members online

Airless plaster finish helps to eradicate the issues that glancing light has on a wall. Its one of the reasons we started to use the system in the first place.
In your work is it becoming more and more popular or you still switching materials on a regular basis?

Two things are clear:
1. @Pagey and @taylorhendersonplastering wont be on @imago ’s job.
2. The company I work for is testing knauf at the moment and trying to replace multi. The amount of sanding and filler after that is enormous. The time and money spent to make it right is not worth the price of the multi.
So, airless is coming or at least we will see BG sweating in the next couple of years if they don’t improve or come up with a new product for site work. I personally hate the f**k**g multi , no matter what you do you never end up with consistent good finish. Acceptable, but not excellent!
To be honest I've never been one to keep on about the Multi, but it really is crap now. Very hard work to get the finish I want

Lol not sure about that one m8 unless he bats his eye brows and blows me a few kisses;)
He is a young man full of testosterone he’s probably a lovely bloke ;)
Agree with the multi bit but I still think that BG rules in the UK
That won’t stop customers and trades to look for a better product. And this will affect BG for sure.
On a different note you two with pagey managed to ruin one of the best threads on here for a wile and now everyone who is interested in airless has to go through your bitching and bite you on a different occasion cos of the impression you two have left here. It was totally unnecessary hijacking tbh. But still..... when you are passionate.....there are no limits.

At the end of the day m8 with all due respect this argument started last week when I thought that mr pageys friend was disrespectful...
Now on a more positive note the lads on here will find that I’m here to listen and learn regardless of how long I’ve been in the game myself..
I’ve passed 2 job leads on to some London lads last week and I’m looking to be taken seriously on the forum;)

To be honest I've never been one to keep on about the Multi, but it really is crap now. Very hard work to get the finish I want
Honestly Andy, I gave up on multi couple of years ago. Tried every trick in the book and ideas I had that can bring the best out of it......Ended up with the sponge and can definitely say BG have to change the method statement. This month I had to use it again after more than 2 years, relying completely on my memory here, just to remind me the nightmares I had .

On a serious note This is van gogh's sunflowers.
ea2654446612caf6c84dde50fb389d3a.jpg

Now

is it 40million quids worth better then the 15quid Rocky print thats hanging In my games room.
Screenshot_2018-01-18-16-27-14-1-1-1.png

:rolleyes:

At the end of the day m8 with all due respect this argument started last week when I thought that mr pageys friend was disrespectful...
Now on a more positive note the lads on here will find that I’m here to listen and learn regardless of how long I’ve been in the game myself..
I’ve passed 2 job leads on to some London lads last week and I’m looking to be taken seriously on the forum;)
Lads are passing non stop jobs on here mate! That’s really good, but relying on that alone to be taken seriously...........

If you have a little read back through the threads you will find that I’m as genuine as they come m8 I take my job seriously and this forum Just a little bit of bitching which I’m sure you have had yourself from time to time ;)

That won’t stop customers and trades to look for a better product. And this will affect BG for sure.
On a different note you two with pagey managed to ruin one of the best threads on here for a wile and now everyone who is interested in airless has to go through your bitching and bite you on a different occasion cos of the impression you two have left here. It was totally unnecessary hijacking tbh. But still..... when you are passionate.....there are no limits.
Which is why I left it at what it was I did find it an interesting read and seeing what people thought ect and seeing pictures I will say it does look impressive and wanted to keep it on track and let the ones really interested in it get the questions out but hopefully get the answers they was looking for I’m big enough to apologise for sending it off topic for a bit and now it’s back on track we can leave it at that

i do agree completely Andy it's unbelievably inconsistent and has been for quite some time it can be a tw@t to finish sometimes but still its not impossible to do so, admittedly sometimes with the odd temper tantrum.
That's is something else which i really do like about the airless system is the way it seems to level the playing field a little.

If you have a little read back through the threads you will find that I’m as genuine as they come m8 I take my job seriously and this forum Just a little bit of bitching which I’m sure you have had yourself from time to time ;)
Oh trust me , I had my moment with a c**t on here......... but in the right place;)

i do agree completely Andy it's unbelievably inconsistent and has been for quite some time it can be a tw@t to finish sometimes but still its not impossible to do so, admittedly sometimes with the odd temper tantrum.
That's is something else which i really do like about the airless system is the way it seems to level the playing field a little.
With multi though I can have a few weeks of it being nice then a few weeks of having trouble I’ve always known multi myself and what I think winds people up the most is the inconsistency of the gear we all mix up same way we have all put on same way we have for years but when you get a gear problem it’s fustrating cos you know bg will have some bullshit excuse that’s why market needs another material around same cost to give us choice

Which is why I left it at what it was I did find it an interesting read and seeing what people thought ect and seeing pictures I will say it does look impressive and wanted to keep it on track and let the ones really interested in it get the questions out but hopefully get the answers they was looking for I’m big enough to apologise for sending it off topic for a bit and now it’s back on track we can leave it at that
Right enough is enough ..
Send me a kiss and let’s have a cuddle?;)
Obviously 2 lads that are not going to let up maybe we could be friends after all??;)

It doesn’t even take the same amount of water all the time some times a buckets to much then it’s not enough, one day it trowels up like a dream another day it takes five hours to finish am seriously thinking of turning to board finish we used to use it for s and c and over skim as well as board years ago

Fcuk that fight to the death I reckon.
That's how come the crazy scaffolders no longer about.
:endesacuerdo:
I met a scaffolder once he come out toilet laughing his head off he went my mate asked for some bog roll so I did a log on a newspaper and said here grab this it’s on here,Plasterer’s are scum but that was a new low for me

It doesn’t even take the same amount of water all the time some times a buckets to much then it’s not enough, one day it trowels up like a dream another day it takes five hours to finish am seriously thinking of turning to board finish we used to use it for s and c and over skim as well as board years ago
Another thing I liked about the airless, we didn’t need water at all ,
Just walk in and open the bag , the machine does need some to prime fair enough but after that the only water needed was a little splash bucket to lube my trowel.

Another thing I liked about the airless, we didn’t need water at all ,
Just walk in and open the bag , the machine does need some to prime fair enough but after that the only water needed was a little splash bucket to lube my trowel.
I like your enthusiasm for new things, I am bit too far on in life for too much change now but I will probably go to the one in Kent to have a look

Vincent does seem to have a passion for new things, I have a passion for old things but would like to see it plus my son is only 36 so maybe for him I would splash the cash if he wanted to give it a go he does like new ideas
I wish my dad was a plasterer, would have been so much easier!! So does he though, he said if he could have his time again he'd pick a trade. He had one, he was a technical illustrator and the drawings he did by hand looked like they'd been done on computer! But when computers took over he was at a desk in front of one and hated it. I have some of his machinery drawings though they're ace!

In your work is it becoming more and more popular or you still switching materials on a regular basis?
We now mainly do airless on any internal but also undertake external render systems. Render will always be more profitable

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I wish my dad was a plasterer, would have been so much easier!! So does he though, he said if he could have his time again he'd pick a trade. He had one, he was a technical illustrator and the drawings he did by hand looked like they'd been done on computer! But when computers took over he was at a desk in front of one and hated it. I have some of his machinery drawings though they're ace!
It’s the other way round for us my son was at college to get a levels for art college so he could be an architectural model maker or model maker in films as I knew some lads that could get him in to either but he was always Skyping off with his mates so I dragged him with me, he had been working with me in the holidays since he was twelve

We now mainly do airless on any internal but also undertake external render systems. Render will always be more profitable

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
It was more a question to you as you know this stuff and can see how market is changing and not to pay lip service you seem pretty adaptable to what’s popular and where money is at and make it work you find it a good product get the work for it so can’t knock that

Although If I was to start painting my own work No one would ever know just how shocking my finish actually is.

Screenshot_2017-10-13-21-24-48-1.png
that's genius.
right where's the sandpaper and my lidls carrier bag/tool box.