Knauf Airless Day At Immingham

Members online

It’s the other way round for us my son was at college to get a levels for art college so he could be an architectural model maker or model maker in films as I knew some lads that could get him in to either but he was always Skyping off with his mates so I dragged him with me, he had been working with me in the holidays since he was twelve
I bet you went what you wanna do that for you poof give all that shite up and come work with me,like a true old man dashing his sons dreams cos he was brought up when men were men lol serious though I would hate my son to work with me in future cos of way game gone he only 9 nearly 10 but I feel he shouldn’t do this game as I’ve done work for him,but if he fails at school like in did there is no way I would let him doss about he would have to work

Although If I was to start painting my own work No one would ever know just how shocking my finish actually is.

View attachment 21264 that's genius.
right where's the sandpaper and my lidls carrier bag/tool box.
Thing with painting for me is I hate cutting in I can Plaster all day doing same thing but cutting in I’m bored after about 2ft

I bet you went what you wanna do that for you poof give all that shite up and come work with me,like a true old man dashing his sons dreams cos he was brought up when men were men lol serious though I would hate my son to work with me in future cos of way game gone he only 9 nearly 10 but I feel he shouldn’t do this game as I’ve done work for him,but if he fails at school like in did there is no way I would let him doss about he would have to work
That’s why I dragged him kicking and screaming with me, I wasn’t going to have him dossing around while me and the Mrs worked

Thing with painting for me is I hate cutting in I can Plaster all day doing same thing but cutting in I’m bored after about 2ft

Balls to cutting in.
Paint the lot white.
Tell them thats all b@q are now selling.
Screenshot_2018-01-14-10-13-56-1.png

The fcuk do they get away with that then:eek:.

That’s why I dragged him kicking and screaming with me, I wasn’t going to have him dossing around while me and the Mrs worked
My path similar to many on here I didn’t like school school didn’t like me when I got booted out I thought yes nice doss for a while but my old man went I don’t think so he gave me the Friday off and the weekend then he got me a job with a Plasterer I didn’t pick plastering plastering picked me and those first few days I loved it what a sucker but I’ve earned good money and it’s paid the bills been a hard long slog but I’ve got a trade albeit one that I feel is in decline but seeing this new stuff and blokes talking about it sort of keeps you going

I think any spread who takes their kid to work with them will teach them many brilliant skills!

Time keeping
Organisation
Pride
Hard work
People skills
Etc

Even if it's not what they eventually end up doing

blimey..... far too much bickering for a great thread...

My thoughts on airless.... I have liked it from the day I saw it maybe 5 years ago now... and every time I see it I start seeing more of an opportunity for it.

I am planning on using it on a Passive house my friend is building as I want to see what it is all about in the real world. I think the finish is pretty good and questionably better than MF but as many have said that is down to the person applying.

What I dont like is that its a long system... I would want to get in mrs jones house and get her lounge on and second coated and sanded (which takes seconds) in a day... if that is achievable I will go out tomorrow and get cracking.

The other thing about airless is that it is effortless... almost boring ... I dont think you will be getting any back/shoulder/elbow/ wrist problems from using this gear and that I think is a big plus point for plasterers.

I think any spread who takes their kid to work with them will teach them many brilliant skills!

Time keeping
Organisation
Pride
Hard work
People skills
Etc

What’s your story jess? U couldn’t of picked a harder trade to try make it in and the battles u would come up against, although you have set a standard for women to do it and ain’t a snowflake who takes offence at everything if I hadn’t of seen a pic of you you could of passed for a geezer from tales you have told like crapping in a multi bag

My thoughts on airless.... I have liked it from the day I saw it maybe 5 years ago now... and every time I see it I start seeing more of an opportunity for it.

I am planning on using it on a Passive house my friend is building as I want to see what it is all about in the real world. I think the finish is pretty good and questionably better than MF but as many have said that is down to the person applying.

What I dont like is that its a long system... I would want to get in mrs jones house and get her lounge on and second coated and sanded (which takes seconds) in a day... if that is achievable I will go out tomorrow and get cracking.

The other thing about airless is that it is effortless... almost boring ... I dont think you will be getting any back/shoulder/elbow/ wrist problems from using this gear and that I think is a big plus point for plasterers.
My biggest plus for it is it’s a big outlay at the start and will keep a lot of chancers away from moving into that system

Time keeping
Organisation
Pride
Hard work
People skills
Etc

blimey
i doubt I could teach all that jess , unless I had @zolco in my gang and maybe @vincy for (timekeeping) and @theclemo for (people skills).
:whistle:

What’s your story jess? U couldn’t of picked a harder trade to try make it in and the battles u would come up against, although you have set a standard for women to do it and ain’t a snowflake who takes offence at everything if I hadn’t of seen a pic of you you could of passed for a geezer from tales you have told like crapping in a multi bag
Spreads gotta do what a spreads gotta doooo!

I went to uni, got a degree in fine art and history (snowflake alert! :LOL:)

Left in recession and couldn't find a decent job (though I was a lock keeper for a summer which I liked)

Moved back in with folks felt mildly depressed working a s**t job at an opticians until they sacked me for not selling enough glasses or giving a s**t.

Neighbour had a building company and needed a fourth person on a roof and I volunteered. They thought it was funny but at the end of the day they gave me a job.

Laboured with them and went to college to do plastering.

8 years later I still go do the plastering for that same building company. They are my nobheads :)

Spreads gotta do what a spreads gotta doooo!

I went to uni, got a degree in fine art and history (snowflake alert! :LOL:)

Left in recession and couldn't find a decent job (though I was a lock keeper for a summer which I liked)

Moved back in with folks felt mildly depressed working a s**t job at an opticians until they sacked me for not selling enough glasses or giving a s**t.

Neighbour had a building company and needed a fourth person on a roof and I volunteered. They thought it was funny and at the end of the day they gave me a job.

Laboured with them and went to college to do plastering.

8 years later I still go do the plastering for that same building company. They are my nobheads :)
Cool story bro but needs more dragons lol pukka jess your one success story really and get what it’s about I’m 33 so feel a bit last of a generation that has a bit of work ethic I had my nephew in with me for a few days he is 17 and bloody hell I don’t profess to be Steven hawking but he was thick as s**t and even basics seemed a problem

Cool story bro but needs more dragons lol pukka jess your one success story really and get what it’s about I’m 33 so feel a bit last of a generation that has a bit of work ethic I had my nephew in with me for a few days he is 17 and bloody hell I don’t profess to be Steven hawking but he was thick as s**t and even basics seemed a problem
Think kids need more discipline at home. I've always had a laugh with my parents but when I was a kid I was never allowed to lie in, we always had chores and my parents never sat about either. I remember watching telly with my mums plants in a row in front of me polishing the leaves (wtf?!) but thinking great I get to watch telly lol!

Even now I feel guilty if I'm sat down at the weekend, rubs off on you! And if they invite us round for tea I still clear the table, tidy the kitchen and fill their glasses like I'm 15! o_O:LOL:

Think kids need more discipline at home. I've always had a laugh with my parents but when I was a kid I was never allowed to lie in, we always had chores and my parents never sat about either. I remember watching telly with my mums plants in a row in front of me polishing the leaves (wtf?!) but thinking great I get to watch telly lol!

Even now I feel guilty if I'm sat down at the weekend, rubs off on you! And if they invite us round for tea I still clear the table, tidy the kitchen and fill their glasses like I'm 15! o_O:LOL:
I had my dad in the summer hoildays come in about 7:30 open curtains and say it’s a nice day don’t waste it and up we would get get ready and go out for day with mates no phones either up to all sorts and back home for dinner now can’t even let my kids out the front without worry i try to be firm but fair with my kids and I want them to hurt themselves trying stuff rather than being scared of trying things only way to learn if all that fails they will become a Plasterer and regret ever being a fcuk up at school and I shall revel in there pain when they say this hurts and I can’t do it

It doesn’t even take the same amount of water all the time some times a buckets to much then it’s not enough, one day it trowels up like a dream another day it takes five hours to finish am seriously thinking of turning to board finish we used to use it for s and c and over skim as well as board years ago
I've asked a few people over the last few years about Boardfinish and they have all said it's no better than Multi. I'm definitely not paying more for something that's no better.

Well they did say that you don't need to be a plasterer to use this system, so you'll be fine.

BG who is owed by Saint Gobain are about to pull the airless trigger. They are in discussions with correct people. They could implement ready mix plasters in the UK tomorrow if they wanted.

Maybe they make more profit on gypsum products which they dig out the ground and in reality dont care about which system is in fact better . We are so blinkered here in the UK by what companies want us to see

I've been thinking about this today whilst struggling with more shite Multi and then the penny dropped.
How can BG bring a new product to market whose biggest selling point is 'a superior finish' when plasterers are providing a great finish with a bog standard product?
It's simple!
Make the 'bog standard' product so bad that getting a top class finish is beyond most spreads in a reasonable time frame.
Bingo!

I've been thinking about this today whilst struggling with more shite Multi and then the penny dropped.
How can BG bring a new product to market whose biggest selling point is 'a superior finish' when plasterers are providing a great finish with a bog standard product?
It's simple!
Make the 'bog standard' product so bad that getting a top class finish is beyond most spreads in a reasonable time frame.
Bingo!
And there product will definatley cost more per m2 so the quality will justify the cost.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I hope does come off and me knowing zol and how he works could make a profit on it and give an honest review