Knauf Airless Day At Immingham

Members online

It’s always nice to see the new stuff about and people like @Vincey sort of have a passion about moving with times as I’m still young I feel should move a bit more with it but I’ve done things the same way with a few adaptions after taking tips from fellow spreads that I can’t see it being for me,will say though it does look a nice finish and crisp lines and in right hands on right jobs I can see people cleaning up that part of it clever thing is that it’s a big outlay at first that will keep a lot of chancers away from it
Vincent does seem to have a passion for new things, I have a passion for old things but would like to see it plus my son is only 36 so maybe for him I would splash the cash if he wanted to give it a go he does like new ideas

What do you do?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I’m domestic mate insurance jobs small builders work with people I know ect I done loads of site work in past was on a firm for 8 years til before the recession doing schools hospitals flats houses then the plug got pulled and we all got laid off you might know the firm sd plastering now sd solutions they from our way,I’m sure I’ve seen you post your from Kent way

Vincent does seem to have a passion for new things, I have a passion for old things but would like to see it plus my son is only 36 so maybe for him I would splash the cash if he wanted to give it a go he does like new ideas
The older generation ain’t gonna be around forever and in some ways I guess you lot have had to move with times when drills came out instead of a bath and rake new plasters like multi finish this is just another thing that’s come in and it should be looked at if people can make it work for them and can earn from it fair play can never knock a bloke for taking the plunge and making it work I’m impressed with the finish and I apologise if I was part of this thread going a bit off track

L
The older generation ain’t gonna be around forever and in some ways I guess you lot have had to move with times when drills came out instead of a bath and rake new plasters like multi finish this is just another thing that’s come in and it should be looked at if people can make it work for them and can earn from it fair play can never knock a bloke for taking the plunge and making it work I’m impressed with the finish and I apologise if I was part of this thread going a bit off track
lol I think you will it has been around for years my old m8..
Im not sure you been around for that long have you?

Have you got any idea what you are talking about??
Confused.com??;)

We used drills in the eighties used to hire them from a place in Essex p and h ? Not sure now but when I started we had to hook out a banker board nail three scaffold boards to it to knock up in, make a wooden stand grab some feather edge for straight edges all different then but to be honest I liked it but times move on hand balled plasters are all the same in the way they are applied so multi finish wasn’t a problem as such a c**t to trowel first time round on hard wall and they stuff used to stink like rotten eggs

Did you spray that with the big airless or with a small handheld one?

The airless plaster was sprayed with a Graco Mark V. The wood work with a compressor and a 20 quid gun of ebay. Same compressor we use to spray topcoat outside

Attachments

• 24130331_1657056444357765_2881186476206610976_o.jpg
    24130331_1657056444357765_2881186476206610976_o.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 183
By the sounds of things I’m guessing you are a young man??
I respect any man or woman what ever age who picks up a Plastering trowel and I am not the iddiot that you think I am so if you want to move on and engage in a decent conversation then I’m happy to forget the bull s**t..

Th
Yes m8 it was the airless I’m surprised some guys are only finding out about it now?
Did a course years ago
so is it s**t, I myself don’t like the idea of rubbing down something I have plastered having said that I probably would go for the day out and to see for myself keeping in mind when they do these things it’s in ideal conditions had that sort of thing at Vauxhall college in the eighties

The airless plaster was sprayed with a Graco Mark V. The wood work with a compressor and a 20 quid gun of ebay. Same compressor we use to spray topcoat outside
Fair does, I thought you might used the graco cordless for the trim, lot of people going on about it how good it is.

A second hand machine is 1500 quid. If for some reason you dont like it sell it for 1500 quid.

There is no risk. I just dont get why people dont give it a go when there is so many positives.

Fair play but a picture of a job never quite shows a true account..
It’s wheb the suns out and you are out side the job looking at it with out your sun glasses ;)

Two things are clear:
1. @Pagey and @taylorhendersonplastering wont be on @imago ’s job.
2. The company I work for is testing knauf at the moment and trying to replace multi. The amount of sanding and filler after that is enormous. The time and money spent to make it right is not worth the price of the multi.
So, airless is coming or at least we will see BG sweating in the next couple of years if they don’t improve or come up with a new product for site work. I personally hate the f**k**g multi , no matter what you do you never end up with consistent good finish. Acceptable, but not excellent!

A second hand machine is 1500 quid. If for some reason you dont like it sell it for 1500 quid.

There is no risk. I just dont get why people dont give it a go when there is so many positives.
I get that but I am 59 now so if my son isn’t interested then I probably won’t if he is I will but if there is a day out at Sittingbourne I will probably will go just to have a look

Fair play but a picture of a job never quite shows a true account..
It’s wheb the suns out and you are out side the job looking at it with out your sun glasses ;)

Airless plaster finish helps to eradicate the issues that glancing light has on a wall. Its one of the reasons we started to use the system in the first place.

If you find a second hand one for 1.5k hit me up, cos Ive looked under every stone and they are as rare as a rocking horse s**t.

Two things are clear:
2. The company I work for is testing knauf at the moment and trying to replace multi. The amount of sanding and filler after that is enormous. The time and money spent to make it right is not worth the price of the multi.
So, airless is coming or at least we will see BG sweating in the next couple of years if they don’t improve or come up with a new product for site work. I personally hate the f**k**g multi , no matter what you do you never end up with consistent good finish. Acceptable, but not excellent!
Lol not sure about that one m8 unless he bats his eye brows and blows me a few kisses;)
He is a young man full of testosterone he’s probably a lovely bloke ;)
Agree with the multi bit but I still think that BG rules in the UK

Two things are clear:

BG who is owed by Saint Gobain are about to pull the airless trigger. They are in discussions with correct people. They could implement ready mix plasters in the UK tomorrow if they wanted.

Maybe they make more profit on gypsum products which they dig out the ground and in reality dont care about which system is in fact better . We are so blinkered here in the UK by what companies want us to see

I'd rather scratch a tramps bollox and lick my fingers clean then become a painter.

Being absolutely honest The main problem for most is always going to be the price per m2 because whatever way you spin it This gear isn't cheap , therefore it isn't now and for the foreseeable future will not be a straightforward replacement for multi or board..
Anyone pushing it like that's a fool what this is is a premium finish because and I'll hold my hands up here it does or rather should leave a top drawer finish.
Is it a better finish than bg's system?.
that would honestly depend on whose holding the trowel.
100% though This system to me seems harder to fcuk it up
then to get it right, provided though that it's not rushed or subbed out to monkeys for peanuts or done on a shoestring budget.
Tbf though in the real world or at least in most new build houses its really not that much quicker.
So the slighty higher overall finished quality on its own would not be enough to convince the penny pinching qs's from the large volume house builders to part with the extra for it. this really should be pushed as premier finish a superior system if you like regardless (of whether it is or not) and should be priced accordingly.
Any finishing system is only ever going to equal the sum of its parts, and some of the parts as you all know can be dog rough. it will never end bg's dominance of the finish market either.
However i think it's going to, eventually take a bloomin big chunk out of it.
I think it's a bloody great system tbf and I'm genuinely looking foreward to using it on the right jobs.
I'd look at pushing it on my own work where I know they'll pay for it.
On the domestic front though and this i think a massive plus with airless is the fact that this shizzle is breathable and doesnt require priming.
That should open up some huge opportunities in the domestic and refurb market I would of thought.

Two things are clear:
I shall take your opinion and know you speak from the heart and as you have seen me knocking about on here for a while your probably right I won’t be on that job imago would never have a southern softie on his job anyway