Knauf Airless Day At Immingham

Members online

Fair play to you i know multi can be hit and miss but we all get our heads around it..
Can anyone name anything better which will eventually take over because I’m struggling to think;)

What you mean the finish is not a patch on multi? I think multi is one of the biggest c**t of a materials out there, hit and miss, no consistency whatsoever, one day you flying with it,the next you trying to trowel up a wall of chewing gum, or full of rocks, or tears, yes you find your way around it I agree.
Oh s**t I forgot you were at the gangbang aswell??
How did you rate it;)

This was today, typical job went round used up nearly a full bag filling out beads measured some 6mm back to the board, didn’t even carry on skimming the s**t left it till tomorrow and will pull it in with some other crap, couldn’t help think if I had prepared this place with the knauf system of paper edge beads (1mm I think) I could of sprayed all the areas I did today plus a lot more and got as good if not better finish as normal, also Taylor mate this is thistle spray nowadays I even would rather hand apply this instead of using multi,

Sod know if I did change system of work how I would end up money wise suppose I’d have to give it all a shot to find out how much I’d win or lose

8F7D785A-8CCD-4182-98B1-57CBA027AC68.jpeg

This was today, typical job went round used up nearly a full bag filling out beads measured some 6mm back to the board, didn’t even carry on skimming the s**t left it till tomorrow and will pull it in with some other crap, couldn’t help think if I had prepared this place with the knauf system of paper edge beads (1mm I think) I could of sprayed all the areas I did today plus a lot more and got as good if not better finish as normal, also Taylor mate this is thistle spray nowadays I even would rather hand apply this instead of using multi,

Sod know if I did change system of work how I would end up money wise suppose I’d have to give it all a shot to find out how much I’d win or lose
You bastards need to f**k off and get another job you moaning bunch of minges ;)

Used the airless system years ago done the course in sittingbourne Kent..
Rating out of 10
Probably around 2..
Pre mix is to expensive and the finish is not a patch on multi..
I’m guessing the piss up was probably more educational than the course lads??;)
Forget pricing up extensions!
You need big areas with straight runs
The fact that you have to joint fill before spraying is a ball ache!
f**k that ;)
It's the joint filling that I can't get my head around.
Surely the joints need to be pretty damned good just to have a light spray and a quick sand over?

Surely the joints need to be pretty damned good just to have a light spray and a quick sand over?
Don’t think they needed sanding first Andy and they can be sprayed 20 minutes after if I remember correctly

I've used it and as others have said if the boarding ain't bang on it's not a very good system .board finish pisses on it

Good man vincey at the end of the day we all hate it but we have no choice;(
Don’t listen to that pagey fella not sure who the f**k he is anyway..;)
You can train up anyone on that system who struggles using a trowel so maybe it would suit his style??;)
I’d listen to me over some old thick Millwall fan anyday of the week

All these type of products from my limited understanding are for A1 prepared fresh boardwork on metal studding etc environments ...

All very ideal world scenario...

No use what so ever to us domestic spreads with a whole multitude of dogshite backgrounds and obstacles to overcome everyday...

The day that something really special comes out will be the day that we will all be f**k*d as it will be so easy the end user will do it themselves!!!

Ive had a secret email from BG about the new self levelling skim for domestics!:sisi:
Pete did you get to use the spray backing/ filling out plaster (plano i think its called)that can be put on first?

What about the door liner, don’t you come out to them? If you do your skirting and ceiling lines would skue right off with paper tapes

Basically Andy it’s just a quick fill as far as I can remember then a spray over the top.
To much of a f**k about for me m8 but there are quite a few minges on here that would get on with it because you don’t need to be a plasterer to use it ;)

I'm not sure why there is this issue with poor quality boarding.

If it's s**t boarding it's s**t and takes more time then if it was good. Exactly the same as when we use multi finish, unless multi has extra magic powers that self heals plasterboard?

Taping with the correct tools and experiance is a piece of piss.

The system is quick and delivers better quality. The next trick is to start spray painting afterwarsa and then your on to serious extra coinage, which is the point of going to work is it not?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ive had a secret email from BG about the new self levelling skim for domestics!:sisi:
Pete did you get to use the spray backing/ filling out plaster (plano i think its called)that can be put on first?
Yes we did use it through graco again, it was for filling out areas , nice gear too , also had a little go hand applying the airless just on a little area tbh I preferred it through the machine

My mate just jumped in with a squad a few months ago being the sanding bitch.his opinions are quality finish,but as whats been said before it has to be the right job .hes on one of those fuckoff appartment blocks manchester city centre flying through it.boarding spot on and empty rooms.making good money too for being a sander all day.he was proper bigging it up quality and speed but that job is suiting it

Basically Andy it’s just a quick fill as far as I can remember then a spray over the top.
To much of a f**k about for me m8 but there are quite a few minges on here that would get on with it because you don’t need to be a plasterer to use it ;)
Do you have to be a plasterer to skim? Hardly a very strong skillset that these days. Some pick it up in no time, some are at it in their entire lives and still s**t when they retire. I think that could be implied to any trade, you either got it in you or you don't.

Did you not go on the course aswell??
I thought you were busy at @stevioes last week end filling his cracks??
I go to stevios Just so we can laugh while putting posts up to watch you bite and act like some internet tough guy we find it amusing

Take this post as I’ve cast out and the bait is ready for you X

If it's s**t boarding it's s**t and takes more time then if it was good. Exactly the same as when we use multi finish, unless multi has extra magic powers that self heals plasterboard?

The system is quick and delivers better quality. The next trick is to start spray painting afterwarsa and then your on to serious extra coinage, which is the point of going to work is it not?

Agree with that one m8..trouble is these days there are to many skimmers out there winging it..
Lack of real plasterers that learnt from the bucket up..

Do you have to be a plasterer to skim? Hardly a very strong skillset that these days. Some pick it up in no time, some are at it in their entire lives and still s**t when they retire. I think that could be implied to any trade, you either got it in you or you don't.
I go to stevios Just so we can laugh while putting posts up to watch you bite and act like some internet tough guy we find it amusing

trouble

That’s rich coming from a truck driver and a s**t shoveller ..
This is a plasterers forum where real plasterers talk and advise about the trade..
To much bullshit coming out of your mouth especially when I put your play boy friend right the other day when Is was joking about “cancer”

Isn’t this stuff more a replacement for tape and joining than Plastering? Just another fad that will disappear when dot and dab goes on the back burner again

Just wanted to pick some brains , if you didn’t do boarding on a job and boards or old walls are a bit crappy would you just fill out with some backing spray then get some air on it and then spray finish when it’s firming , also do you fill areas out with airless spray to if needed , we oversprayed like mad at side of a reveal just to see if it was ok and it seemed to fill out ok

trouble

That’s rich coming from a truck driver and a s**t shoveller ..
This is a plasterers forum where real plasterers talk and advise about the trade..
To much bullshit coming out of your mouth especially when I put your play boy friend right the other day when Is was joking about “cancer”
Zzzzzz not to you; must try harder you only went up north as you wasn’t up to our London standards I been in game 20 years my friend so know what I’m talking about I don’t get aggressive like you are coming across and it amuses me you want to flex ur pipe like arms to impress the others on here trust me they know what I’m like and they can be brutal as anything like when I first joined here so do ur self a favour princess and go do a dance for stevio

20 years?
Is that it??
23 years this year myself..
So you must still be in your nappies son??
The real I got aggressive with your little playboy was because of what he said and you know what that was don’t you boy??
Next time you pop over to your boyfriends make sure you blow him good because you really do talk some bull s**t...

Do you honestly think that dot and dab will go to the back burner though? I don't.
Yes I do, it was everywhere in the eighties, dry lining was every where in the seventies, it all goes around in a circle just like aluminium windows to plastic and back to aluminium now. Everything seems to go round and round even one of the k rend thingies has developed a paint to change the colour unless I dreamt that one not sure now but the whole idea was not painting, smacks of Tyrolean to me

There a few likes and agrees with quite a few of my posts you got some competition coming through son ..
You ain’t even a private member sunshine so here it suck on it I been around ages worked for people on here sort of says what you need to know really, next angry reply please, please hurry up I have to go get my nappy changed