Keeping a good name or being a mug

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of bedtime reading boys and.. would say girls but.. well.. won't mention any *kof.. Pippa* names :rolleyes)

i knew you would have a story Rhys.......................:RpS_laugh:
http://
jackanory_logo_by_doctormo-d4rwgyk_zps3ce7d7d8.png
.....:RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh:

Get real!! there is good money to be earned in over-skimming ,and it's nice for us to paint and skim !! who wants to go right back to the joist's/brick ,dusty **** -job easy-money all the way please ......

Hmmmm not being funny mate but there are millions of 'skimmers' undercutting us at every corner. I know a few stealing food from my kids mouths working for £60 a day :mad:

BRING BACK THE PLASTERERS RIGHT TO BOARD!!!
BRING BACK THE PLASTERERS RIGHT TO FLOAT AND SET!!!

He already chipped me on the price mate so no way was he willing to pay for an overboard.
Sometimes they do rip your price mate, but i have been caught to many times with old unpredictable lath ceiling, I've learned my lesson now. Give the options based on your knowledge, rip it down, start again? Expensive and messy.... Overboard? Bit extra coin. Or scrim the cracks and do as you have WBA and skim? Tell them the first two are guaranteed, the third and cheapest option ain't guaranteed, the choice is theirs then........ 3 months down the line if it goes tits up on the third option... Your arse is clean you gave them your best advice?:RpS_thumbup:Old lath and plaster is to much hit and miss to put your name to it. It's a gamble

Sometimes they do rip your price mate, but i have been caught to many times with old unpredictable lath ceiling, I've learned my lesson now. Give the options based on your knowledge, rip it down, start again? Expensive and messy.... Overboard? Bit extra coin. Or scrim the cracks and do as you have WBA and skim? Tell them the first two are guaranteed, the third and cheapest option ain't guaranteed, the choice is theirs then........ 3 months down the line if it goes tits up on the third option... Your arse is clean you gave them your best advice?:RpS_thumbup:Old lath and plaster is to much hit and miss to put your name to it. It's a gamble

Tell 'em, it's cracking now? just wait till you've got about 40-50kg of skim pulling on it :RpS_thumbup: Besides, it's on its way out and will only get worse - best thing to do it overboard it so it's solid. :RpS_thumbsup:

@ Currier

Cheers Steve

seemed like common sense to me......

...... that and I would always be looking to get some more work out of an opportunity - good or bad!

Next time you get a job and the customer is adamant they want a skim not an overboard,put it in writing the risks and problems that may arise in the future and get them to sign it,if they won't walk away or do the job and walk away but don't keep going back,they will have you back for everything. Blaming it on the work you've done lol. Regards losing custom,I've smashed jobs up that folk didn't pay for,I stil continued to get work off others.

Status
Not open for further replies.