Join the "I hate multi finish" fan club

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pug said:
is it 1 or 2 coat del? couldn't find any blurb about on the website (i'm a bit of an old duffer on the computer tho!)
We just did it in 2 coats, sounds like the same stuff bod used.

knauf finish is the mutts nuts & 1 bag seems to spread alot further than bg multi, on the downside it takes ages to go off &it marks easilywhen fully dried out.

I just use Knauf Finish Plaster these days, as I find it workable and slower going off. I know its more expensive than MF but I've never had a dodgy mix, and 1 bag of Knauf = 2 MF.

I did a job boarding and skimming 2 rooms, the client didn't want to paint the walls as he liked the 'white/grey finish!

Used Knauf Universal on Barratts its good stuff, MP Finish you get nearly 16m a bag, for the bit of difference in price is worth it imo

pftmonojetman said:
Used Knauf Universal on Barratts its good stuff, MP Finish you get nearly 16m a bag, for the bit of difference in price is worth it imo

I had a quick look at the Knauf website and I'm sure it said to prime the board prior to skimming and that you had to apply it in one coat which has to be a minimum of 2mm, having tried using BG multi one coat in the past I don't like the sound of it.
Had a price for BG board finish today £3.21 a bag, cheapest quote so far.

pftmonojetman said:

you can get nearly 16m a bag of multi ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.