Is this New Plastic Trowel A Game Changer?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can all the guys (had to get guys in there guys) who only use mt tell me why they are not interested in any of the newer trowels that have come out i.e Refina,Speedskim,nela be it flex trowels or plastic...or do any of you use them and revert back to Marshalltown cuz u didn't like them.

Can all the guys (had to get guys in there guys) who only use mt tell me why they are not interested in any of the newer trowels that have come out i.e Refina,Speedskim,nela be it flex trowels or plastic...or do any of you use them and revert back to Marshalltown cuz u didn't like them.
I only got put off by them because there's always an idiot who wants to know where you can buy them or if it's broken what to do instead of just using Google or giving a call to the supplier. I find it a weird marketing especially what's going on about nelas on factbook. I find it weird but obviously works on the masses.

I only got put off by them because there's always an idiot who wants to know where you can buy them or if it's broken what to do instead of just using Google or giving a call to the supplier. I find it a weird marketing especially what's going on about nelas on factbook. I find it weird but obviously works on the masses.
I agree it's craziness what was said on Facebook a post about a trowel turned into really bad things being said about mums etc maybe the Facebook is harder to control or there are alot more younger users i don't know.But in general it does intrigue me why people do or don't want to try or use new trowels

I got a plazi foam backed, felt nice but soon realised it couldn't do everything so now use it for curves and walls that stay greasy until final trowel. I got s*p*r*lex, I like it flatten in because it's bigger than my mt and sometimes I use it for a final one but really and truly I prefer my mt carbon 14 inch, I've just had about two weeks on s and c and some lime work it looks and feels better than ever now. I like trying these new things but still can't beat a steel or ss trowel. Each to their own

Still No1s managed to answer my question. Without saying coz they're good or that they leave a nice finish, explain what it does that a steel trowel doesn't.

Its too stiff in my opinion, the only thing itll replace is a steel super flex.
only it won't cause it won't be as durable.

Still No1s managed to answer my question. Without saying coz they're good or that they leave a nice finish, explain what it does that a steel trowel doesn't.
I am not to clever in putting technical statements together for u to understand in terms of plastic finishing trowels but can say with my speed skim when flattening first coat it moves all the plaster about to a more flat and more moist surface in preparation for your second coat with a lot less strain of using a steel trowel.using plastic for finishing for me is new since last week as I have not use d the refina plastics..on the mixes I have used plastic I have found it glides over the plaster easier with less pressure on the joints if that helps I don't know

Have to agree @keithuk buy try it if you like it great if you don't ebay it... it is small money to be honest... I am going to sort out some of my old trowels and ebay the ones I don't use much...

Queue the jokes.....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I like the plastic trowels just for a final pass really, im not arsed how shiney they get a wall but to me they just seem to clean the wall up a bit with less pressure.

Personally i find that having got used to the nela sf when i had it, the final couple of trowels now with my MT just take more work or water if its pulled in. I'll defo be giving one of these a go because i have a foam back refina at the min and like there flex trowels it just feels a bit wide and uncomfy to use. The handles on the refinas are shite as well, very cheap feeling.

Having said that the nela issues seem to be getting one while there in stock.

Have to agree @keithuk buy try it if you like it great if you don't ebay it... it is small money to be honest... I am going to sort out some of my old trowels and ebay the ones I don't use much...

Queue the jokes.....
I go first then
Will u take £2.50 for all of them :rock:

When i had some board finish recently it was hanging for ages and i could not flatten the first coat as soon as i normally would. On the possitive side it meant i could put on more than i usually do, i grabbed the nela foamed back plastc 16" i hadnt used for months and it flattened the finish a treat with no lines ready for me to apply the second coat sooner. i did a smallish ceiling and applied the second coat with the plastic as an experiment and it went on really neat, let it just sit there before finishing it off with the carbon. I would never use the plastic at any stage of finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.