Is it worth going on site?

you can get more on 3 smaller sets only finish an hour later than 2 big sets.
depends what time i can be arsed getting out of bed nowadays !!
feels strange being off work on a friday.
Is that laying 2nd coat straight on after first?

Right I'm going to turn up and see this for myself? I'm used to domestics etc and private builds. I'm a stickler for no mess so would be nice to see how you site lads do all these meters and bugger off at 2.30pm??

Right I'm going to turn up and see this for myself? I'm used to domestics etc and private builds. I'm a stickler for no mess so would be nice to see how you site lads do all these meters and bugger off at 2.30pm??
Ive got ocd about mess

Ive got ocd about mess
I've seen some site spreads and I'm appalled by the mess they make and seem to tip most of it over themselves??? I'm not doubting you Gibbo but I'd love to see @scottie5 in action but the start -finish times of what I'm reading do not make sense??

Surely the second set has to be started before the first ones finished then?
I earn more chucking on a few bags but keep clean and tidy and not be knackered at the end of the day. Never give a customer an excuse not to pay you is how I work by

I did a row of shops last month!
One shop a day, about 8 or nine bags per shop, big areas with suspended ceilings.
Start at 7.30 and flat out with no breaks.
Hard work, but gone by 4 each day .... but no way could I have knocked 1.5 hours off the day without a labourer.

I did a row of shops last month!
One shop a day, about 8 or nine bags per shop, big areas with suspended ceilings.
Start at 7.30 and flat out with no breaks.
Hard work, but gone by 4 each day .... but no way could I have knocked 1.5 hours off the day without a labourer.
It doesn't matter how "fast " you are!! You are governed by the material setting time and before some say we get 2nd set on while 1st not finished?? Then I have concerns as you need or should finish a set before starting another unless you don't give a s**t or have poor standards etc??

I dabble in both got site work, two houses to k-rend, flats to skim. A reskim and a private on Monday.

I hate to say it but seriously I don't know how half of the people on here cover there wages....most domestic only spreads are clueless!!!!

I've said it a hundred times before....any good experienced spread can 1 coat boardwork and leave it A1 flawless...

Quick steady gauges 1.5hr max gauges that should only require troweling 3 times max, prep in between ie bead,scrim, water,powder,etc...

Start rolling next gauge EASY 3 or 4 gauges a day...

Should be able to do that day in day out without killing yourself...

There's plasterers and there's plasterers I'm afraid and most haven't got a F*****g clue!!!

im painting my house today with my headphones in with the best of dire straits.
a crate of stells.
but this read feels like im at work !!

How the hell can £3.00 m2 be s**t. Any spread that's any good should be able to bang 3 , three and a bit gauges on a day ,and be off by 2.30pm.that equates to 100m2 a day = £ 1500,
When the recession hit ,we were getting £ 1.60 m2 ,and still making a wage
If some of you lot were getting £ 6.00 m2 you couldn't make it pay
Please explain big boy

I hate to say it but seriously I don't know how half of the people on here cover there wages....most domestic only spreads are clueless!!!!

I've said it a hundred times before....any good experienced spread can 1 coat boardwork and leave it A1 flawless...

Quick steady gauges 1.5hr max gauges that should only require troweling 3 times max, prep in between ie bead,scrim, water,powder,etc...

There's plasterers and there's plasterers I'm afraid and most haven't got a F*****g clue!!!
So I'm clueless?? What you think is acceptable is probably a mile away from mine fella

Oh...one coating over nice boardwork. No problem then.
Domestics and small builders are a different game...pva and sh1te boarding to name 2. Can't one coat over that and leave it mint.

I'm keen to meet you and see where everybody is going wrong??

Been doing site work for ages the hardest thing we find is trying to ignore the dirty looks when we f**k off at 2 pm everyday and 12 pm on Fridays