insitu elliptcal arch

sygooner

Hi all.
I've got to run a staff bead on an elliptical arch in situ . If it was a semi circle i'd use a gigstick and cross brace but being elliptical can't help thinking it would be easier run on a rib rather than spinning from 3 points.
Gigstick or rib
Thoughts anyone

Last edited:
Hi all.
I've got to run a staff bead on an elliptical arch in situ . If it was a semi circle i'd use a gigstick and cross brace but being elliptical can't help thinking it would be easier run on a rib rather than spinning from 3 points. Thoughts anyone

You need a bit of calculus.

Best ask Isaac Newton or get a spirograph

Hi all.
I've got to run a staff bead on an elliptical arch in situ . If it was a semi circle i'd use a gigstick and cross brace but being elliptical can't help thinking it would be easier run on a rib rather than spinning from 3 points.
Gigstick or rib
Thoughts anyone
peg mould maybe

peg mould that would sit on a rib or hung from a template only problem with a template is i've got to float the walls first with coarse stuff and its gonna be soft to run on

peg mould that would sit on a rib or hung from a template only problem with a template is i've got to float the walls first with coarse stuff and its gonna be soft to run on
you cant rush this kind of work/but your heading along the right road in what you say