Parex problems

pewe

We live on an estate which was built 3 years ago and on which every house (58) has had Parex rendering applied.
Some house have suffered issues with the rendering and now we are having issues too.
I won't comment on the problems others are having, or why we think they have occurred, but would ask for some thoughts from experienced individuals regarding our problems which are:
- render having come away on the corner of one wall by the corner bead
- the beading around one door being loose to the point of it being possible to move the bead along the whole of one side, and cracks being visible on the other
- large indentations (pitting the size of at least a 50 coin) appearing in various places
- render material still 'brushing' off the wall in various places.
The NHBC have inspected the property and agreed that the rendering needs attention (it is in a worse state after 3 years than I'd expect on a rendered property after 10 years - said the inspector) and are waiting for Parex to advise them how to proceed in rectifying the problems.

The developer has already undertaken remedial work on 2 properties under their 2 year warranty. One they removed all the rendering and re-rendered. The other they patched the problem areas and then applied a 'silicone' coating to all the walls.

Both of these remedial treatments raise concerns with me, but until Parex do their report for the NHBC we don't know what they will recommend.

The material used is Parex Monorex GM One Coat, and my question for the Parex experienced pros among you is - why could the developer not have simply done the patch repairs then to maintain uniformity of colour meshed and recoated the property on the walls where the repairs were done. The developer has said that this is not possible once the render has cured, and yet in the Parex material spec it mentions applying the material in 2 coats if a thickness of over 20mm in required.

Any thoughts appreciated

It’s an applicator issue not a Parex issue as such, it’s been completed to poor practice using there products, although Parex will be able to advise.
You’ve misunderstood it,It’s up to 20mm 2 passes ie wet on wet in the same application.
It’s hard to comment further without seeing it first hand, but if it’s not fit for purpose on a new house you have every right to demand it is,if that’s a re render - removal or thincoat system over the top so be it. Although if it’s on an estate they’d all need to be the same.

It’s an applicator issue not a Parex issue as such, it’s been completed to poor practice using there products, although Parex will be able to advise.
You’ve misunderstood it,It’s up to 20mm 2 passes ie wet on wet in the same application.
It’s hard to comment further without seeing it first hand, but if it’s not fit for purpose on a new house you have every right to demand it is,if that’s a re render - removal or thincoat system over the top so be it. Although if it’s on an estate they’d all need to be the same.

Thanks for the comment.
I realise that the issue we (and everyone else) are having is application and this has been a bone of contention between a number of people who have had problems and the developer.
What I am seeking is confirmation as to whether or not anyone has experience of overcoating Parex Monorex with further coat.
Their current brochure specifies wet on wet 2 coat for use on 'wet or patchy substrates' as you can see in the attached extract.
However, earlier this year they had a comment on their website talking about applying at over 20mm thickness as can be seen in the screen grab also attached. This specifically says that the first coat of 20mm must be dry before application of the second. This page is no longer on their web site for some reason, but the product has not changed so the implication is that Parex Monorex can be overcoated - although the developer denies this.
The NHBC are still waiting for a recommendation report from Parex, but that was requested over four weeks ago and they still have not received it.

monorex2.jpg

monorex.jpg

Hack off re do

House has been built
Cheque cleared
Developer stalling slash not interested just wants to go home and have his tea
Parex will blame applicator people
Developer will say they were not connected to sub contractor
Sub contractor will be like finding a ghost

Whole estate need to pursue developer legally about standards of work rather than one individual argue about parex rule book for remedial works

Thanks for the comment.
I realise that the issue we (and everyone else) are having is application and this has been a bone of contention between a number of people who have had problems and the developer.
What I am seeking is confirmation as to whether or not anyone has experience of overcoating Parex Monorex with further coat.
Their current brochure specifies wet on wet 2 coat for use on 'wet or patchy substrates' as you can see in the attached extract.
However, earlier this year they had a comment on their website talking about applying at over 20mm thickness as can be seen in the screen grab also attached. This specifically says that the first coat of 20mm must be dry before application of the second. This page is no longer on their web site for some reason, but the product has not changed so the implication is that Parex Monorex can be overcoated - although the developer denies this.
The NHBC are still waiting for a recommendation report from Parex, but that was requested over four weeks ago and they still have not received it.

View attachment 51821

View attachment 51822
the section you have highlighted means the product is advised to be maximum of 20mm in 1 application.
we call a 2nd pass a 2nd coat basically when the 1st slightly picks up.

so we would apply 2 x 10mm passes in a day to achieve a 20mm finish.

it doesnt mean apply 20mm then leave then apply another. it just means if you have to apply greater than 20mm doit over a number of days not in 1