I’ve dropped a Ball lock

I P Daily

Evening all, please go easy on me I’m new,
I have dropped a bollock and in need of advice,
I am carrying out some thin coat rendering on my own place and have not got off to a good start.
I already had the top coat materials so purchased some Mapei Gpr base coat and when discussing what I was doing was advised to use the correct primer, which I reluctantly bought at £60, so I applied the primer to the bear block and did what I thought was not a bad job of the base coat, however the following weekend where I was expecting to top coat I gave it a typical bloke tap with the knuckles to find it was hollow and not adhered, it was that bad I easily ripped the whole lot off, chatted with the supplier who then tells me that the primer was meant to go on top of base coat ready for top coat FFS,
So in a nut shell I’ve coated the wall in a silicon primer,
Can anyone advise best plan of action, ( prefer any sarky remarks another day)
Any helpful comments would be gratefully received

I am carrying out some thin coat rendering on my own place and have not got off to a good start.
I already had the top coat materials so purchased some Mapei Gpr base coat and when discussing what I was doing was advised to use the correct primer, which I reluctantly bought at £60, so I applied the primer to the bear block and did what I thought was not a bad job of the base coat, however the following weekend where I was expecting to top coat I gave it a typical bloke tap with the knuckles to find it was hollow and not adhered, it was that bad I easily ripped the whole lot off, chatted with the supplier who then tells me that the primer was meant to go on top of base coat ready for top coat FFS,
No you didn’t

Attachments

• DCC39A96-DC08-4222-8BA5-3CF3F6D5A989.jpeg
    DCC39A96-DC08-4222-8BA5-3CF3F6D5A989.jpeg
    18.6 KB · Views: 293
Aw poor bloke. I don’t render so cant advise as well as others so won’t .... but based on your name and avatar I hope someone helps you out! Lol.

Welcome

I don't do thin coat but think you may need to give it a coat of render grip or similar over the primer......before you apply Base coat

someone will be along quickly if I'm wrong!!

Last edited:
Where did you get your gear from?

Was just hoping someone with a bit of experience would just say something like” you just need to apply ??? And all will be good,
I dropped a silly bollock and just after a simple reply,

Was just hoping someone with a bit of experience would just say something like” you just need to apply ??? And all will be good,
I dropped a silly bollock and just after a simple reply,
If it was simple f**k up you would have had simple reply, not in this case. The only simple thing here is the laughter ;)

Dont know if it would work on a wall or not but if it was a floor I'd put another coat of primer on and throw sand at it whilst still wet so it sticks and gives a good rough surface to key onto. Or even mix some dry sand in with the primer before painting it on. As I say I'm floors not walls but it works with floors....

Dont know if it would work on a wall or not but if it was a floor I'd put another coat of primer on and throw sand at it whilst still wet so it sticks and gives a good rough surface to key onto. Or even mix some dry sand in with the primer before painting it on. As I say I'm floors not walls but it works with floors....
I’ve sorted it now by grinding the primer off, took about 1hour and then 1hour to tidy up the mess, just used SBR and stuck like s**t to a blanket
Thanks for your reply though,