How rude

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

tined82

Apologies for not introducing myself earlier, like to jump in to things with two feet lol. I run a small plastering & building outfit in cumbria. How is everyone fixed for work with xmas on the horizon?

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

How's it going pal?, workwise I'm OK and typically I have more rendering than inside (when will people learn to have it done in milder months??) but better than nothing and hope you are plodding on well too?

Hi jessop

Hi marshy its going well at the mo we have a good mix of inside and outside work and currently have work till end of jan. I know what you mean about outsides this time of year we are doing a big k rend job that is near the shore. Brrrrrrrrrr

take a tip from me and get a portable stove for your outside jobs this time of year, bacon eggs and sausages etc even got a chip pan with beef dripping for chips :) gives you something to do while waiting for top coat to go off lol

take a tip from me and get a portable stove for your outside jobs this time of year, bacon eggs and sausages etc even got a chip pan with beef dripping for chips :) gives you something to do while waiting for top coat to go off lol

That's no a bad idea!

I have a petrol stove and a gas (gas can play up when its really cold) nothing better than hot food when your rendering in the wet and cold. took a pan full of curry other week and did some chips for me and the lad just gutted had no beer to wash it down lol

Fish n chips on a fri followed by a hit of skim kills me off nowadays

I used to have a george foreman grill in the van for years. sausage, bacon, chops you name it. even did a few brekkies (eggs were tricky) great in the winter, thats probably why I hit 20 stone.. oops. all healthy now .

I eat little bits of stuff through the day, if I've had a chippie with the builders I just carb crash in the afternoon and want to snooze zzzz

Soooooooo... welcome! :RpS_thumbup:

I eat little bits of stuff through the day, if I've had a chippie with the builders I just carb crash in the afternoon and want to snooze zzzz

Soooooooo... welcome! :RpS_thumbup:
Don't nod off Jess,the builders will be takin pictures of themselves with their dinkles restin on ur shoulder.well that's what I would do:RpS_blushing:

Apologies for not introducing myself earlier, like to jump in to things with two feet lol. I run a small plastering & building outfit in cumbria. How is everyone fixed for work with xmas on the horizon?

Alright marra, whereabouts in Cumbria are ya? I'm on the coast :RpS_thumbup:

Haha yea the marra gives it away. Barrow mate

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

A Barra marra :RpS_laugh:

We won't have met then, seeing as I'm in Maryport :RpS_thumbup:
Same county and about 2 hours away, sh!t roads :RpS_scared:

Don't nod off Jess,the builders will be takin pictures of themselves with their dinkles restin on ur shoulder.well that's what I would do:RpS_blushing:

Don't I know it! Professional Builder Mag did an article on me the other month and asked for some pics for the feature. We'd just completed a nice extension/small house so asked the boss for some photos I know he'd taken. Seemed he only took unflattering pics of my arse. Fooker.

Yea bubbles been up there a few times nice place that. Like you say roads are shocking. Millom as far as i travel mate

Played against Barrow Island a couple of times, so had a few sups in your neck of the woods before like:RpS_thumbsup:

Cool. A bit rough on the island nowadays like. More of a footballer myself. Played against workington once and cleator moor a few times

It was rough then as well!!! (80's)
Cleator Moor Celtic, had a good set-up....... produced England goalkeeper Scott Carson. Played for Workington Reds too before Super Leeds took him :RpS_thumbup:

Worked with a gang once who used to drag a bbq out their van at lunch time, id be eating me tuna sandwich and they be tucking into quarter pounders and spare ribs :RpS_drool:

worked on a site where the brickies done the same,, all you could smell was cooking meat at 10 am and 1pm,, made u feel hungry allday

Status
Not open for further replies.