How many bags a day

Some days I do . Working with a bunch of idiots at min . Chaos but great giggle . Joiner showing me his girlfriend who waiting for him in Thai land . Other days I wish i had a post round or summet lol

Some days I do . Working with a bunch of idiots at min . Chaos but great giggle . Joiner showing me his girlfriend who waiting for him in Thai land . Other days I wish i had a post round or summet lol
Are we on the same job? :frenetico:

Are we on the same job? :frenetico:
Not unless ye plumber . Joiner was winding me up this morning as I couldn't get wall straight. Had to double board it .proper pain . Anyway he spent all morning doing a door casing only for it to be wrong one .....karma o
Lol

Not unless ye plumber . Joiner was winding me up this morning as I couldn't get wall straight. Had to double board it .proper pain . Anyway he spent all morning doing a door casing only for it to be wrong one .....karma o
Lol

love karma :D

4.5 bags on my own is an average day for me over boards. 3 small set's. I bead and scrim and clean in between sets. I even do small bits of external work while skimming. I get €6m2 for skimming so I do ok. Some days I'll do 6 bags if I feel like it.

I think it is what it is .... I never compared myself to others when skimming I did as much as I needed to to get paid. I use to get builders telling me I was slower than their usual plasterer but they kept using Me.....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I think it is what it is .... I never compared myself to others when skimming I did as much as I needed to to get paid. I use to get builders telling me I was slower than their usual plasterer but they kept using Me.....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Kid who with us next is best I.ve seen but doesn't bang anywhere as near as much as us on . Gets same money so who.s the fool . Though we seem to be always busy n he has more quieter times. Though having other plasterer n labourer with you makes a he.ll of a difference to what you can do

You strike me as a 3 sets a day kinda guy? Putting in long hours.
Anyone I've worked for is 3sets a day
4.5 bags on my own is an average day for me over boards. 3 small set's. I bead and scrim and clean in between sets. I even do small bits of external work while skimming. I get €6m2 for skimming so I do ok. Some days I'll do 6 bags if I feel like it.
What you get sand cement and skimming mate. Just out curiosity. I'm not sure the current meter rates up here on average either. Last couple men I worked for don't price according to m2, first worked it out by roughly how long it would take and likely added a bit, second worked it out by floor space and depending on ceiling heights etc or awkwardness,works put price get square footage. I priced a job using square footage but then van shat itself and haven't bothered my arse Gettin a new one yet so never followed it up. Likely stupid of me lol.

Anyone I've worked for is 3sets a day

What you get sand cement and skimming mate. Just out curiosity. I'm not sure the current meter rates up here on average either. Last couple men I worked for don't price according to m2, first worked it out by roughly how long it would take and likely added a bit, second worked it out by floor space and depending on ceiling heights etc or awkwardness,works put price get square footage. I priced a job using square footage but then van shat itself and haven't bothered my arse Gettin a new one yet so never followed it up. Likely stupid of me lol.
Doing three sets is worse thing you can do . Takes it's toll on body when you get older

Doing three sets is worse thing you can do . Takes it's toll on body when you get older

I'd do 3 quick smaller sets over 2 large sets all day long personally.

Works out around same time and can get a bit more metres on!

I'd do 3 quick smaller sets over 2 large sets all day long personally.

Works out around same time and can get a bit more metres on!
On board 2 big sets n get of home . Why do three small when ye can do 2 big though your small sets may be my big sets lol

Mixing for 7.45 3 easy set's finish for 3 to 4 no problem. I mix up what I need and wash out. This time of year I can have 2 sets finished for 1pm no problem. By doing 3 small sets I can have longer lunch brakes. Do other things inbetween sets. And it's far easier on the body doing small sets.

I'm sure you right mate, but that's just the way we operate here. Average 3bags per set usually. As Said need good start to get. The 3sets on, sometimes if stuff doesn't dry in time, then 2sets. Personally id rather do 2 big sets as 3smaller ones, but it is what it is.

We all go through periods hating it but I just remind myself of what it was like not so long ago and don't mind it then.
I like it most days, but do get head scrabbling jobs where you just can't be f**k*d. Most our work is new work, which is nice to float and skim, usually, unless the Bricklayers are T***s an just launch them up etc. Tends to be refurb jobs I lose the will to live on. Lol

I like it most days, but do get head scrabbling jobs where you just can't be f**k*d. Most our work is new work, which is nice to float and skim, usually, unless the Bricklayers are T***s an just launch them up etc. Tends to be refurb jobs I lose the will to live on. Lol
Yes I know what you mean, I prefer new one off builds,those jobs where they want insulated boards in a couple of bedrooms are headwrecking.I don't hold back if the blockwork or wiring is rough.Tell them there rough cun.ts.

Yes I know what you mean, I prefer new one off builds,those jobs where they want insulated boards in a couple of bedrooms are headwrecking.I don't hold back if the blockwork or wiring is rough.Tell them there rough cun.ts.
Time we get on the job the brickys are long gone, but we let the builder know.lol

Not really mate used to do more we mix 4 and load out two spot boards then two like piss while we are putting first coat on the other two are just right for second by the time we use them do it like that i can get 3 hits in by 2.30 latest
That's good going.Fair play to you.