How long before we're in trouble with money?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Without work, how long before things become critical with finances?

• Too late, I'm in the sh1t now.

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Middle of April.

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • End of April.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • End of May.

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • 3 - 6 months from now.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • 6 - 12 months from now.

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • I'm OK for a year or more.

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters
That's all it is..the green eyed monster,I'm making money b4 s**t hits the fan..this is nowt yet,we are not on lockdown,theres a article in paper saying we need to keep working if we can and it's safe to do so or we will be defo up the s**t creek..I'm following government guidelines
As am I.

Look at the reactions I got on my post one sad w**k*r thought it was funny
Oh right. Fuk em the domestic pussies. There's houses up to chamber all over our sites they won't be left unfinished that's for sure

Hey fellas, silent member on this forum, but just wanted to ask , a couple of depots have put the price of Multifinish upto 25 quid a bag and Hardwall at 30 quid......is this even allowed.....??

B and q to furlough a lot of staff from 2nd April just read online. Not looking great for the next 4 weeks is it

B and q to furlough a lot of staff from 2nd April just read online. Not looking great for the next 4 weeks is it

Mate we won't be working until June at the earliest...that's if testing by the 100,000's is carried out. More likely October back to it.

I believe the Furloughing is 3 months. You can’t dip in or out of it. When furloughed you’re not allowed to work for that company. But you can legally earn elsewhere. Bizarre eh!

Hey fellas, silent member on this forum, but just wanted to ask , a couple of depots have put the price of Multifinish upto 25 quid a bag and Hardwall at 30 quid......is this even allowed.....??
I just became self employed in January, zero books, next to zero income. Managed to scrape rent and bills for April but God knows next month. Hopefully the lockdown ends and can earn again. Testing times ahead.

Good luck mate but if I was in your position I would seriously be considering trying to get employment away from the building trade. I started trading in 2006 and didn't start turning a profit until 2010 due to the 2008 recession.

I think we’re in for at least a month more, it’s a fine line for Johnson as he can’t risk everyone coming back to soon and he can’t risk the economy collapsing and as daft as it sounds people’s mental health with being coped up.Pubs and the like will be June/ July onwards you’d think.

Good luck mate but if I was in your position I would seriously be considering trying to get employment away from the building trade. I started trading in 2006 and didn't start turning a profit until 2010 due to the 2008 recession.
I lost all my work in 2008/09 and went van driving, that was a total different time though. but in a downturn you loose a lot of good trades that never come back into the industry. Every recession is different though and you’d think this will be a short sharp shock, we’re a nation of homeowners and with the criminal lack of new housing being built, low interest rates, most secure jobs.
I’d rather be involved in construction than hospitality,tourism, retail etc right now though.

I lost all my work in 2008/09 and went van driving, that was a total different time though. but in a downturn you loose a lot of good trades that never come back into the industry. Every recession is different though and you’d think this will be a short sharp shock, we’re a nation of homeowners and with the criminal lack of new housing being built, low interest rates, most secure jobs.
I’d rather be involved in construction than hospitality,tourism, retail etc right now though.

Agreed mate, I started using my Dads old estate car...my first 4 years I was just buying tools, van, websites etc...never sore any money, remember going into Asda having to only buy absolute essentials to survive and just pay my rent.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you can get a job for example driving for a couple of years and doing a bit of spreading on the side it might be an easier route

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200401-150849_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200401-150849_Samsung Internet.jpg
    511.8 KB · Views: 153
Agreed mate, I started using my Dads old estate car...my first 4 years I was just buying tools, van, websites etc...never sore any money, remember going into Asda having to only buy absolute essentials to survive and just pay my rent.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you can get a job for example driving for a couple of years and doing a bit of spreading on the side it might be an easier route
I cant see it being dragged out for years this time but we’ll see how it plays out. In 2009 in my experience I had the rug pulled out from under me, this time were stacked out with stuff up until a few weeks ago so when we go back it will all still be there, mainly new builds with the odd domestic project.we’re up to about October time at present, so I guess there might be a lull after that.

Weird that in a Crisis jobs that are lower skilled are deemed more important than more skilled occupations

Wifes friend is a private dentist her income been reduced to 0

Weird that in a Crisis jobs that are lower skilled are deemed more important than more skilled occupations

Wifes friend is a private dentist her income been reduced to 0
How it weird these people are on the frontline putting themselves at risk

How it weird these people are on the frontline putting themselves at risk
Not referring to the nhs etc.

Talking about the fringe jobs who are on the list but clearly not necessary

Fast food takeaways
Window cleaners
Cleaners
Shop by ours doing luxury milkshakes to deliver
Ypu get the idea. We could do without a posh milkshake and window clean so these people are out making the problem worse whilst we sit in

Nearly blew a gasket ...was in pharmacy before collecting my sons meds. Pharmacist shouts keep between the 2 m line. Dont come to close etc hiding behind counter.

Woman in front of me says to pharmacist I've got a botox jab appt at 3pm ..he runs round the counter and walks her round to the beautician parlour next door breaching the 2 m rule and they walk into the parlour where he will inject her for essentially a beauty reason and to inject someone I assume he will have direct contact with you...

Grabbing c**t should be struck off