House been rendered in Weber - advice wanted

Members online

Retain the rest of the money until a rep from whatever product has been used has come out and looked at the job and has said it is up to spec and ask for a BBA certificate, just ask your local builders merchants who supplies whatever render it is for the local reps number ask him if they are an approved applicator and to come and have a look at the job, your back is covered then if it's not done to standard and you want to keep the rest of the money, some customers can be really awkward for no reason, but this time you need to be awkward because the job you had done was oughta s**t.
I’ve had a rep out who say they can’t comment on workmanship but it’s not a problem with the product. I’ve had an approved guy look at it and he just laughed mostly.... the new krend job is a couple of days from completion. We’ve only paid £5500 of what we owe so still have money held back.

Attachments

• 16A0877C-6D72-4B73-B1B7-0156A470FD90.jpeg
    16A0877C-6D72-4B73-B1B7-0156A470FD90.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 369
  • 03CED49C-2FD5-4E6B-A6B3-C6F3077A3473.jpeg
    03CED49C-2FD5-4E6B-A6B3-C6F3077A3473.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 367
You have had 146 replys all of them stating how the job is a joke and an approved applicator look at the job that couldn't stop laughing, time to open your eyes

That’s the only bit finished when I took the photos. More to follow
I don’t know what the answer is for you unfortunately, the company you have paid to do the works are struggling big time with the basics, there’s misses and hollows all over that.

For those that said the lighting doesn’t help. These are taken with just the security lights on which point away from the house.

I was considering just living with it but I really don’t think I can.

Phone the guy up and tell him the kids keep climbing up it. I feel for you. That's an unacceptable standard. I hope you took the advice in this thread and didn't live with it.

I’ve come home to the rendering almost finished on the rear of the house. I’m happier with it. Looks a lot straighter.:) only bit I hate is the expansion bar I’m told was needed in the middle. Looks like two houses. Now just to wait for the scaffold down to see If the dreaded scaffold line can be seen

Attachments

• 41D365B4-E711-459D-8539-72BD4FBBB8AE.jpeg
    41D365B4-E711-459D-8539-72BD4FBBB8AE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 275
I’ve come home to the rendering almost finished on the rear of the house. I’m happier with it. Looks a lot straighter.:) only bit I hate is the expansion bar I’m told was needed in the middle. Looks like two houses. Now just to wait for the scaffold down to see If the dreaded scaffold line can be seen
No no and no before anyone says it my finest turkish .
@Topspread16
@vfr12

From experience that's drying two shade

I’ve actually given up, I don’t think a perfect job exists
You should be able to look at a job and not pick out any noticeable flaws. If there’s a light shinning down it that’s different but in normal light standing a few metres back it should look bang on. Have a look at some of the pics posted on here by members who know what there doing.

You should be able to look at a job and not pick out any noticeable flaws. If there’s a light shinning down it that’s different but in normal light standing a few metres back it should look bang on. Have a look at some of the pics posted on here by members who know what there doing.
I honestly can’t go through it all being hacked off and redone. It’s 4 months down the line. It’s an improvement on the last job although I never wanted the krend as I don’t like the sparkly bits. I just want the scaffold down and my home back. Thanks all for your advice

I honestly can’t go through it all being hacked off and redone. It’s 4 months down the line. It’s an improvement on the last job although I never wanted the krend as I don’t like the sparkly bits. I just want the scaffold down and my home back. Thanks all for your advice
I feel for you, personally I wouldn't have give them fuckall and got the best man in the country to put it right and charge them, think about other people that are going to be put in your position with these builders it's time to name and shame,

Don't pay! You got cheap workmanship
Agree with this. Tell the bloke the stress and hassle and still substandard workmanship doesn't warrant the full payment. You've had this on your mind for months now.

Maybe get the work inspected first and see if they agree the different colours are due to the renderer.

I would never break one elevation in two different applications with monocouche get it all on in one no chance of colour change

To be fair the colour looks much closer in shades now so could be fine in a few more weeks. I still hate the bar in the middle and hate that I had to have k rend. Still waiting for the mess to be cleaned up so will wait and see what damage is left.

To be fair the colour looks much closer in shades now so could be fine in a few more weeks. I still hate the bar in the middle and hate that I had to have k rend. Still waiting for the mess to be cleaned up so will wait and see what damage is left.
Expansion joints are needed after so far