Horizontal crack

Members online

Olican

Private Member
Evening fine folk, hope everyone is well and safe.
Been asked to evaluate the render on side of this house. The render is solid but has a crack from corner to corner. Few other houses showing stress but no sign of subsidence or settlement issues. Lack of expansion or belcast along the apex maybe a problem. Would avoid a complete hack off.
Any thoughts chaps. Crack runs right along floor line .
IMG_20201014_164031.jpg

Evening fine folk, hope everyone is well and safe.
Been asked to evaluate the render on side of this house. The render is solid but has a crack from corner to corner. Few other houses showing stress but no sign of subsidence or settlement issues. Lack of expansion or belcast along the apex maybe a problem. Would avoid a complete hack off.
Any thoughts chaps. Crack runs right along floor line .View attachment 54519

Run a sky cable along it and pretend its nit there

I done a lot of research into cracks this year oli and think you’ll find it hard to know why, it could be so many things but I wanted to ask is this a new build extension with 7 newton blocks anyway?

I done a lot of research into cracks this year oli and think you’ll find it hard to know why, it could be so many things but I wanted to ask is this a new build extension with 7 newton blocks anyway?

thought it could be a change in brick/block work

it looks as though there is a second horizontal crack a few blocks lower. most probley the bricklayers day joint.
i have seen BEDEC paint will cover a crack as long as the crack is not filled. have a look at their web page.
if you want to render the wall, Parex Parinter , it is designed to adhere to a painted surface. full mesh lay on second coat of Parinter and rub up.

Last edited:
or an extension on top of a garage?

Fit brick stitch bars into it zig zag and double mesh with a thin coat system.
Heli bars only if structurally s**t surely see what you mean though all needs to come offan see whats going on were all guessing

Walls ties...check if issue with other houses in area or expansion (would like to see movement joint on that gable)

I’m no renderer, do you push the mesh in the first coat or nail it up before? Only asking out curiousity. Not about to try and attempt it!