Hook on beads

Members online

There decent on reskims especially over sand and cement There also a lot better now they've made the barbs smaller as they used to be bloody dangerous.
Sometimes require a couple of staples as they don't always pull in that tight.
About 37quid a box so there fairly cheap.

I used them recently, I didn't like them. You got to make sure each and every barb is stuck in because if not the bead is proud. Prefer to nail stick or staple a standard bead myself.

mate they are the nuts to use, a little tap and off you go, the times they are moving !! gonna bring out a drill to mix plaster soon- instead of a plunger !!!! and rumour has it some sort of self adhesive scrim ?? x x:lol:

They've been out for a while I think? Not very popular so far but time will tell.
After I posted this is saw an old thread from 2014 about them. Seemed a mixed bunch of reviews but I think I'll buy a box. I'll try anything that saves a bit of time.

I've been thinking of trying them out aswell once i've used up the beads I have I'm gonna order some, I can get a box for £30 so worth trying out

They're decent on boards and sand and cement. I've had a few instances where you have to hit the barbs in with a hammer when the corners arnt straight on over skims

Also what happens if you have to ease off the wall a bit when following rough bastards?
Stapling about 20 seconds per bead slower [emoji53] and probably neater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're decent on boards and sand and cement. I've had a few instances where you have to hit the barbs in with a hammer when the corners arnt straight on over skims
I am pretty sure they recommend using a straight edge to tap them on with... I like to check my beads before I skim for that stuff to make sure i am happy... all about the prep

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure they recommend using a straight edge to tap them on with... I like to check my beads before I skim for that stuff to make sure i am happy... all about the prep

Why u checking beads Danny, that's too good. Lol.:)

Nothing worst than finding out its not right later on.... check everything

Thing is Danny, no guarantee they are right if you hit them with the straight edge at 45 degrees like you have to with these. To do it right you have to put the straight edge flush with the wall on both sides of the bead, which you cannot do when fixing these beads.

Thing is Danny, no guarantee they are right if you hit them with the straight edge at 45 degrees like you have to with these. To do it right you have to put the straight edge flush with the wall on both sides of the bead, which you cannot do when fixing these beads.
I always do it down the spine... never had an issue... I have a video somewhere of how I did it...