Hit my target

Started training about 6 weeks ago and change my diet to basically get back in shape , I was starting to feel s**t and needed something to focus on , atm I’ve lost a half a stone in weight which am buzzing about, also starting to feel better in the body even from heavy and hard training
Anyone thinking of going for it I’d say do it especially now the weathers s**t there’s sod all to do in the dark anyway
View attachment 65818
Is that cwt

As you get older the problem with heavy lifting or higher cardio is the recovery time - can be 2-3 days. Blows out any idea of going in before work, you're just glad to get thru the day.

Get some masking tape on that and finish the shift then go to medics- you'll need to take sarnis and flask into A& E for while you wait. Recently I went in at 9pm and came out at 1.00am - nurse took no more than 10 mins to steri strip me.

Not every day. 2-3 times a week

As you get older the problem with heavy lifting or higher cardio is the recovery time - can be 2-3 days. Blows out any idea of going in before work, you're just glad to get thru the day.

Get some masking tape on that and finish the shift then go to medics- you'll need to take sarnis and flask into A& E for while you wait. Recently I went in at 9pm and came out at 1.00am - nurse took no more than 10 mins to steri strip me.
If you train smart there's no reason why you couldn't train 7 days a week at any age.
Its all about nutrition and proper workout programming

I think you mean Lord of the Rings? If so I'd say it's quite accurate.
Screenshot_20211110-185758_Samsung Internet.jpg

If you train smart there's no reason why you couldn't train 7 days a week at any age.
Its all about nutrition and proper workout programming
And enough sleep/recovery rest. I'm not saying you cannot train into old age, you can, but heavy lifting takes more recovery and time. Biggest problem though, is that it's not an ideal world and family, others food pref's etc usually take precedence.

What’s correct for one person isn’t correct for everyone.
the common denominator for everyone is consistency
Of course, but regardless of what anyone else is doing, if losing weight is my goal and I consistently over eat then I won't achieve my goal. I must consistently eat and train correctly to achieve anything

And enough sleep/recovery rest. I'm not saying you cannot train into old age, you can, but heavy lifting takes more recovery and time. Biggest problem though, is that it's not an ideal world and family, others food pref's etc usually take precedence.
People prioritising other things is fine but isn't a reason why they can't train, they're choosing not too.
If your programming is right then you could train everyday and have plenty of recovery time. You could have a 7 day split which would give you 7 days recovery.

I eat bran flakes every morning now . Feel better inside but I know nonones ever got.upnand said hmmmmmm bran flakes for.breakfast get in..

It’s all good when you’re in your 20’s, 30’s early 40’s. I did the lot. Spin bike classes, long MTB rides, sportives on a road bike, Munro bagging. All that and work!!!

Here’s my advice……

TAKE IT f**k**g EASY. It will only kill you quicker!!!!

Swim! Best exercise in the world I'm totally converted feel like Duncan goodhew but with hair, honestly feel so much fitter than ever doing weights, cardio ect

It’s all good when you’re in your 20’s, 30’s early 40’s. I did the lot. Spin bike classes, long MTB rides, sportives on a road bike, Munro bagging. All that and work!!!

Here’s my advice……

TAKE IT f**k**g EASY. It will only kill you quicker!!!!
Wrong, eat well and lift weights.
None of what you did would build muscle mass without a very good diet to support it and, well, we've all seen the shite you eat.
Muscle mass, bone density and heart health are all the key to longevity an vitality in old age.
Take it easy is for pussies, live your life

None of what you did would build muscle mass without a very good diet to support it and, well, we've all seen the shite you eat.
Muscle mass, bone density and heart health are all the key to longevity an vitality in old age.
Man eats shite everynight and drinks tennants ffs now he's giving health advice ffs
Man Slapping Couch Laughing GIF

Well my old grandad lived to 96. He had a very low muscle mass and took life very, very easy (decorator), but he ate very healthily.
If you need to hit the gym to keep your weight/fat down you're simply eating and/or drinking too much. Simple as that.