Help! Blue spots coming through white paint?!

Members online

Hi all,

I need help! I’ve recently moved into an apartment building and blue spots have been appearing through the white paint in my bedroom. I have no idea what they are.

Can someone please identify the problem and tell me how to fix it! It’s driving me mad!
I’ve attached a photograph.

Thank you so much!

Jess
E9CF71EB-61ED-4056-90AB-CBF9099FE0A2.jpeg

Hi all,

I need help! I’ve recently moved into an apartment building and blue spots have been appearing through the white paint in my bedroom. I have no idea what they are.

Can someone please identify the problem and tell me how to fix it! It’s driving me mad!

Thank you so much!

Jess
View attachment 50454

need more photos. If not furry, then could be some ‘artwork’ that’s been painted over that had ink in. Is it all over, or just localised? Zinsser do good stain block paint, but not particularly cheap.
I’m sure @Tom81 and @themucky1 Will be along shortly to advise.

Thanks @ChrispyUK
@Jesswilliams7654 put your hand on the surface that has these spots, is the surface warm? If so I’m afraid it could be measles.
If its cool to touch urge good news is it’s not measles but penetrating damp.
Bad news is your new apartment building will probably collapse quicker than the economy following coronavirus. Glad I could be of assistance

Hi all,

Thank you so much!

Jess
View attachment 50454
Hi all,

Thank you so much!

Jess
View attachment 50454
walls or ceiling /ceiling im thinking

Hi all,

Thank you so much!

Jess
View attachment 50454
I have this same problem. Did you ever find out the cause?

My first thought was someone’s stuck those ‘kids glowing stars things’ to a bedroom ceiling and whatever adhesive they used is bleeding through . In which case I’d try painting on stain stop before emulsion.
Good to see you're more than happy to wing it with decorating as well as as plastering Jess. Respect.

Hi all,

Thank you so much!

Jess
View attachment 50454
think we put it down to badly stored boards last time it came on here spray them with stain blocker

Oil-based undercoat or eggshell has solved water stain and tobacco stain issues on ceilings for me (friends and family houses), several times, over the years, and just as many times for other people I've recommended it to.

If I had no suitable paint, and needed to solve a ceiling stain, I'd quite happily buy oil-based undercoat/eggshell instead of stainblocker, if it was cheaper, as it's never failed for me :birra: