Has anyone gone all battery tools?

Members online

CEC

I am considering switching out my lights and drills over to battery power. I find running cords cumbersome and hazardous. Are the battery drills any good? Do I want to deal with charging/switching batteries on LED's between/during mixes. If you've done this or decided why not, I'd love some insight.

Cheers!

Battery all the way, my de walt mixer is still as good as new 3 years down the line, Cordless hammer drill is a beast, 110/240 is aggro

• Useful
Reactions: CEC
I am considering switching out my lights and drills over to battery power. I find running cords cumbersome and hazardous. Are the battery drills any good? Do I want to deal with charging/switching batteries on LED's between/during mixes. If you've done this or decided why not, I'd love some insight.

Cheers!

Cordless drills are a godsend, @scottie5 has an amazing battery lighting set, pricey though

Reactions: CEC

Cheers!
We've gone to rechargeable lighting. The ones from Screwfix/B&Q, money well spent.

I bought the first 24v dewalt SDS when they came out over 20 years ago.
i put it on my then employers materials account.
I did not last much longer with that company but i still have the drill and it still works.

Mrs is all cordless now. Just had the 3 phase removed from the bedroom.

Excellent - I'm really pleased to hear that the neighbours' lights won't dim & flicker anymore, when wifey's having 'special time'.

Did she go for 54v 'FlexVolt', in the end, or one of these?

757EEE2A-C87F-4F8E-AD26-936556CEDFF8-large.jpg

Cheers!
Definitely need battery tools.

Wires are just nasty

£1100 worth, but its worth every penny no messing about with generator or leads dewalt light is amazing pricey though

Attachments

• F0A37E48-8A43-4C86-809A-605970C97FC0.jpeg
    F0A37E48-8A43-4C86-809A-605970C97FC0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 230