hanging tools up

Members online

I've seen them do 4 to 5 sets a day and not small sets. I've seen them skim a 5 bed room house in a day and then sleep in it.

I've seen them do 4 to 5 sets a day and not small sets. I've seen them skim a 5 bed room house in a day and then sleep in it.
They got nothing on me...i can just about do 2 medium sized sets in a day....hopefully they dont mind me supping a skol super strength on my 2 hour dinner break

I tried being a taxi driver but gave it up couldn't stand all them people talking behind my back

Dont get me wrong the rates poo but if I was backed into a corner id work for that...i like to think a nice rate (in my area) is 750 but id drop my pants if that was the best I could do.
I'd need to be backed in to a corner with a f**k**g gun to my head to be in this game for that money and working 12 hour shifts

12 hour shift at 100 a day is just over 8.30 an hour even if you took travelling in its max 10 an hour its piss poor people think that's fair to pay a trade that

Couple of these is enough for me [emoji4]
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1470079781.219971.jpg

At least he is honest about what he makes a week. £400 is around €500 so if he takes home €500 after tax that's €630 b4 tax and he is working for an other plasterer. €630 is £533 a week on the books. I wouldn't pay much more I'll give a man €150 a day b4 tax. So what are you paying your plasterers on the books if his money is so bad.

At least he is honest about what he makes a week. £400 is around €500 so if he takes home €500 after tax that's €630 b4 tax and he is working for an other plasterer. €630 is £533 a week on the books. I wouldn't pay much more I'll give a man €150 a day b4 tax. So what are you paying your plasterers on the books if his money is so bad.
People are adding his travel time into his hourly rate..we pay £120 b4 tax on day rate but don't really like paying day rate out..some spreads on here who have commented most prob work for themselves and ye earn alot more but the mans a subby and prob gets paid every week on the dot with no hassle of chasing money..we havnt been paid for about 6 weeks and still waiting

Last edited by a moderator:
People are adding his time into his hourly rate..we pay £120 b4 tax on day rate but don't really like paying day rate out..some spreads on here who have commented most prob work for themselves and ye earn alot more but the mans a subby and prob gets paid every week on the dot with no hassle of chasing money..we havnt been paid for about 6 weeks and still waiting
That's exactly my point. When lads are on time for me I don't care if 0ne is driving 10 miles or 50 there time starts on site.

Guy who works for me gets £100 a day for skimming and £120 for rendering and I give him a van to take home. He's down as self employed though but accountant works wonders with his tax bill so he doesn't pay much.

Subbies are s**t bags take all the cream and can't even organise a hose for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Djr
get them over here worse than the minions and billy ocean like you have never smelt before

Remember working for C+G in N London yrs ago. A brand new VW van with Donegal plates would pull up on site every day and about 12 people would jump out. They'd knock out3 or 4 houses a day, amazing workers but if you were about to start a house between theirs they'd make it awkward as fcuk for you.

Brand new van every 11 months too, must be some tax loop hole

had that before with them edd told them to get f**k*d one got a bit stroppy so i chinned him never got funny again

Donegal men lol. They used to rise at 5, tend to tge farm then drive to Belfast to steal our work, drive home and tend to the farm again. c**ts where getting 2 incomes while us city bhoys had to stick with one :(.

Can't wait to bump into one of the f**k**s who done few of us out of a few quid. I smelt a rat and got out early but few others got done over 5k of this one. His cards are marked thou because any site now with them on it, his name is asked for straight away. Hasn't been seen since 2009 but he'll show up somewhere.

had my own gang for near 20 years doing mostly private houses, then the recession hit.
so i would say i,m tasty enough(y)

had my own gang for near 20 years doing mostly private houses, then the recession hit.
so i would say i,m tasty enough(y)
And u want to re train as a sparkys labourer? Lol..y dont u just take it easy and have ur gang earn u a wage then? Full sparkys are on about £13 p/h surely ur gang wud earn u more than being a sparkys labourer? Wat does a qualified sparkys mate earn? About £9p/h

Makes me laugh wen people saying money is s**t in plastering as its not its the person whos not selling himself properly or there just shite at wat there do..wat do people have down as a shite wage? Even if ur dog turd at plastering u shud stil easy pull £500 a week and that's even if ur shite at wat u do