Hand balling mono

Callummc24

Been offered a job on site, two apexes roughly 8m2 each in Weber mono, I’m fairly new to rendering but have been doing all types of internal plastering for the past 8 years. I’ve done a few weeks with some machine lads but I’m going to be hand balling on, just looking for some advice really would I be able to get both on in the same day? Should I use accelerator or not? Was thinking of mixing up in the 120l blue water barrels, will I be able to get 8m2 out of one barrel? My thinking was to mix up one barrel, first coat, serrate second coat flatten then spat in. Jump onto the next apex and repeat the same, by the time the second one is on was hoping the first would be ready to scratch. Then once finished jump onto the second and scratch. Is this right or what would you advise different?

Been offered a job on site, two apexes roughly 8m2 each in Weber mono, I’m fairly new to rendering but have been doing all types of internal plastering for the past 8 years. I’ve done a few weeks with some machine lads but I’m going to be hand balling on, just looking for some advice really would I be able to get both on in the same day? Should I use accelerator or not? Was thinking of mixing up in the 120l blue water barrels, will I be able to get 8m2 out of one barrel? My thinking was to mix up one barrel, first coat, serrate second coat flatten then spat in. Jump onto the next apex and repeat the same, by the time the second one is on was hoping the first would be ready to scratch. Then once finished jump onto the second and scratch. Is this right or what would you advise different?
If we're handballing mono we mix up in a cut down waterbutt several on each lift . Roughly 6 to 8 bag per drum if that's any help

Hand applying.......
I'd get on whichever is not in the sun.

Then change, work in the shade.

Webers quick, won't be a problem.

As I said it’s my first job on my own and never seen it handballed, what might not seem a lot to you is a lot to someone else. I’d probably piss all over you on internal work
You really wouldn't but I'll let you live in your dreamworld! No1 it uk I have a certificate and everything!

Take two days on it, avoid the acellarator and do 1 at a time, take the time and get it perfect. It's paid practice that way.
What sort of working time do you get from mixing up to going off in the tub? Will I get same day scrape without accelerator?

Blue butt here too but also got a posh mixing tub from P1ss it’s a beast 120 litre with handles
hand applied keeps us all fit and healthy good luck

8 sqm handball is piss easy.. do a scratch coat of your not confidant.. if you are.. first coat.. flatten best you can.. let it take up a bit. Second coat..flatten/ fill hollows etc. Go back scratch it. Hand ball is more graft but you have no worries on 8 sqm man. I’ve done gables with hand balling that s**t tests ya.

You'll be sweet mate just make sure you've got enough on obviously past the bead a good 2mm, put mesh round window if there is any in first coat