Half Time Review From Vincey

Members online

Lol it would go on for ever plus I ain't no big bad ass site spreader ,my mate @gps is right I'm just the small job plastering KING, did one with extra time in though I'll post the link tbh need the views to overtake RFw 7

He just wants to pimp his ass out ffs lol

Lol it would go on for ever plus I ain't no big bad ass site spreader ,my mate @gps is right I'm just the small job plastering KING, did one with extra time in though I'll post the link tbh need the views to overtake RFw 7

I've never said you are the small job plastering king, freebie king yes.

Good video btw

You should team up :) a bit like laurel and hardy ;)

Just done 2 bags on fresh boards with 4 half time in this morning :coffe:

55 minutes bang on,
2 wipes over with Speedskim and a tickle with nela Carbon, spot on :coffe:

Its just a bog standard 1 coat gauge then!
Serious mate? You know I'm not a one coater normally , would you get say one bag or 2 on and be totally finished in an hour? Anytime I have laid in with same gear I still been at 80-90 mins, I never have sponged either tbh,
Most of my skimming is reskim tbf when i going over board it's like Christmas come early

Serious mate? You know I'm not a one coater normally , would you get say one bag or 2 on and be totally finished in an hour? Anytime I have laid in with same gear I still been at 80-90 mins, I never have sponged either tbh,
Most of my skimming is reskim tbf when i going over board it's like Christmas come early

No pal...be it 2 gauges out of same mix or 1 heavy coat normally around 1.5hr for me this time of year.

The point I was making was the setting time is roughly the same appose to a fresh 2nd mix.

Not knocking you mate personally would only knock a fresh 2nd up if the boardwork is awful.

No pal...be it 2 gauges out of same mix or 1 heavy coat normally around 1.5hr for me this time of year.

The point I was making was the setting time is roughly the same appose to a fresh 2nd mix.

Not knocking you mate personally would only knock a fresh 2nd up if the boardwork is awful.
I get yah, I've been trying it on everything I possibly can now to hit the 1 hour like u say it's only 30 minutes less but at the right time/job comes in well handy , it's a toss up most the time weather I need to save that 30.

Just done 2 bags on fresh boards with 4 half time in this morning :coffe:

55 minutes bang on,
2 wipes over with Speedskim and a tickle with nela Carbon, spot on :coffe:
How are you getting on with the Nela carbon?.

Nice video Vincey, I like it! I do like all videos you have put ontbh . Way better than most of the craponthenet, but if you want to hit the numbers you have to loose that belt a bit I am afraid .:D

Nice video Vincey, I like it! I do like all videos you have put ontbh . Way better than most of the craponthenet, but if you want to hit the numbers you have to loose that belt a bit I am afraid .:D
Cheers mate I got another few in the pipe line :maraca:

Last edited:

ah he is a good lad :D

2 coats with the same mix is not 2 coating for fucks sake!!!! Your just laying in the first coat! I.e ONE f**k**g COATING!!!!!! :cachetada:
Here we go again lol the first coat should have picked up a bit then spin a little bit off water through the gear that's left and you have soft plaster going onto firm plaster as you would mixing up twice. Don't do it all the time but good for small hits. It's how they teach apprentices in all the colleges in Scotland.

Here we go again lol the first coat should have picked up a bit then spin a little bit off water through the gear that's left and you have soft plaster going onto firm plaster as you would mixing up twice. Don't do it all the time but good for small hits. It's how they teach apprentices in all the colleges in Scotland.
Still one coating however u dress it up lol.

If I use this half time powder how does it affect the material and its guarantee from the manufacturer,I only do small repair jobs but sometime have to chop off 1 mtrs high and sand/cement the damp course and they recommend I use thistle board finish,itcan take hours Before it has gone off,any one know if it will change the colour or appearance of the finished wall,thanks

You won't be knocking up halftime mix again i assure you that. When it picks up it goes quick and if you haven't washed up within half hour then you are in for greif cleaning.

So if your knocking up 1st coat then knocking up 2nd coat on new boards must be thicker than the estimated 2-3 mm finish thus costing more on materials ???

No it's not lol it's two coats of plaster out of the same mix. One coating to me is one coat of plaster applied then finished as you could do over plasterboard.
Think BG would disagree with your tactics for dressing up your one coat application mate! And We all know a trick or 2 to get the job done quicker especially if you've been in the trade for coming up to 25 years just like myself. Knocking down your first mix also adjusts the properties in that mix. As for the colleges in Scotland teaching this way then that's just a complete and utter joke mate!

Think BG would disagree with your tactics for dressing up your one coat application mate! And We all know a trick or 2 to get the job done quicker especially if you've been in the trade for coming up to 25 years just like myself. Knocking down your first mix also adjusts the properties in that mix. As for the colleges in Scotland teaching this way then that's just a complete and utter joke mate!
I'm sure that method used to be on the back of bags of multi few years ago.