HAD ENOUGH, WHAT TO DO ?

Members online

irish_spread

Private Member
As above. I'm a Paddy, been living in London for 25 yrs, bought the house, had the kids , lived the dream and got hammered every night for 20 yrs but now I'm bored.

Don't get me wrong, London is a fantastic city but me and my Polish Jewish Mrs have had enough aggro from the local south Asian community every time we go to the park with our dog . My neighbours are also Muslim and fantastic by the way before anyone jumps on that bus.

We have to get out of this rat race, looked at Brentwood, Essex, nice but expensive. West London more expensive and fantastic. My Mrs has a house, needs work in Poland but I can't work as rough as them over there.
Considering going back home to Ireland but Dublin expensive as London plus my plastering wouldn't be up to their standards ( I kid you not). County Meath is beautiful but not sure about work prospects ???

I'm 50 so I don't want a mortgage. Any ideas guys n chicks ?

North West. You've been to Liverpool. Why the f**k people live in london is beyond me,

As above. I'm a Paddy, been living in London for 25 yrs, bought the house, had the kids , lived the dream and got hammered every night for 20 yrs but now I'm bored.

Don't get me wrong, London is a fantastic city but me and my Polish Jewish Mrs have had enough aggro from the local south Asian community every time we go to the park with our dog . My neighbours are also Muslim and fantastic by the way before anyone jumps on that bus.

We have to get out of this rat race, looked at Brentwood, Essex, nice but expensive. West London more expensive and fantastic. My Mrs has a house, needs work in Poland but I can't work as rough as them over there.
Considering going back home to Ireland but Dublin expensive as London plus my plastering wouldn't be up to their standards ( I kid you not). County Meath is beautiful but not sure about work prospects ???

Not joking cleethorpes is the place to be she will love it and so will you, I have plenty of work for you :)

He can work along side me :) has she got any sisters? If not can he get me the 2017 catalogue and I will choose my own ;)

One of my drinking buddies is from Glasgow, Partick, but the fecker don't support thistle. Partick that is, not multi

Reactions: Mag
Been thinking about this for years, we both love London but now it's got too much. My ex plastering buddy, a mate 35 yrs, who helped me out when I needed a hand moving home in 2 weeks time, got me thinking

Go north of Peterborough, house prices drop then, you would have positive equity if you sold a London house. All the best mate, big moves are stressful.

Couple of my mates have juat moved to Portrush. Got a massive bungalow with a barn in 2 acres for £160,000. Got £200,000 left in the bank from the house they sold in Basingstoke. Beautiful spot on the coast. He's a tattooist and she sells musical instruments over the internet.

Been thinking about this for years, we both love London but now it's got too much. My ex plastering buddy, a mate 35 yrs, who helped me out when I needed a hand moving home in 2 weeks time, got me thinking

The world's your lobster. You could sell your house in that there fancy London. Buy two houses in most other places, rent one out for an income and live in the other. Buy a boat in the Caribbean and do fishing charters. Move to Australia, New Zealand, America wherever, and use the house money to set yourself up there. Get a pilot's license and operate a small plane in Alaska. Set up a retail business and live above the shop in a small tourist/market town like Malvern selling books and coffee.

Basically you're only going to be limited by your imagination. (y)

Rent your place out and pick a place you'd like the idea of living and rent a place there and pick up work if it don't unfold as you'd like then move on.

shame you wouldnt be able to afford anything in Sheffield Eddie :(.
I hear it's nice .
I was in Sheffield last week and saw a house that had gone serious in their security

IMG_20160909_152911.jpg

This may sound stupid but why don't you open an Irish bar on the continent. It may seem a far out idea but I reckon it could take off. Specially with all your drinking experience

You can buy a detatched where I live for 110k, even cheaper if you go bit further up north....sell up, buy about 3 up here, live in one and rent the others, you'd only have to work a day or two per week

what part of irl you from ed ,I'mfrom galway been here as long as you, I'm in same boat but doing another 4 yrs here then moving to spain, don't get me wrong it's been good, but can't stick it anymore