HAD ENOUGH, WHAT TO DO ?

As above. I'm a Paddy, been living in London for 25 yrs, bought the house, had the kids , lived the dream and got hammered every night for 20 yrs but now I'm bored.

Don't get me wrong, London is a fantastic city but me and my Polish Jewish Mrs have had enough aggro from the local south Asian community every time we go to the park with our dog . My neighbours are also Muslim and fantastic by the way before anyone jumps on that bus.

We have to get out of this rat race, looked at Brentwood, Essex, nice but expensive. West London more expensive and fantastic. My Mrs has a house, needs work in Poland but I can't work as rough as them over there.
Considering going back home to Ireland but Dublin expensive as London plus my plastering wouldn't be up to their standards ( I kid you not). County Meath is beautiful but not sure about work prospects ???

I'm 50 so I don't want a mortgage. Any ideas guys n chicks ?

The work in Dublin is rough as f**k. The worst in the all of Ireland tbh. U could do a 3 weeks plastering course and your work would pass. In Meath the plasterers are mostly good. Plus if u go back to Meath u are not to far from dublin.

If you own a house in London, sell the thing and move west of Ireland. Sign on the dole 200 euro week and few nixers a week will bring you up to 5-600 euro and relax. It's what's every f**k*r and their dog are doing here apart from me who's legit :loco:.

Get urself to the fastest growing city in the UK Leeds..and that's a fact folks I read it sumwhere
its the fastest growing city in western Europe , but the price of houses are rocketing in decent areas. rounday and Woodley areas we work on mansions.

Come up to the North east of Scotland!
English love it up here, So much the f**k**s sell up and move here. :) Joking about f**k**s but it's true!!

its the fastest growing city in western Europe , but the price of houses are rocketing in decent areas. rounday and Woodley areas we work on mansions.
Ur rite owls we r the best in Europe then..shame u support that shower of shite mind :)

As above. I'm a Paddy, been living in London for 25 yrs, bought the house, had the kids , lived the dream and got hammered every night for 20 yrs but now I'm bored.

Don't get me wrong, London is a fantastic city but me and my Polish Jewish Mrs have had enough aggro from the local south Asian community every time we go to the park with our dog . My neighbours are also Muslim and fantastic by the way before anyone jumps on that bus.

We have to get out of this rat race, looked at Brentwood, Essex, nice but expensive. West London more expensive and fantastic. My Mrs has a house, needs work in Poland but I can't work as rough as them over there.
Considering going back home to Ireland but Dublin expensive as London plus my plastering wouldn't be up to their standards ( I kid you not). County Meath is beautiful but not sure about work prospects ???

I'm 50 so I don't want a mortgage. Any ideas guys n chicks ?

You can always try Kent, some nice places that way

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Move to Great Dunmow near stansted, nice little village town , quite as well and you have access to plenty of work from surrounding towns, loads of houses going up and plenty of domestic work if that's what you want, Ilford not to far away down the m11 if you want to pop back or for your old customers if work comes in slow which I doubt we moved out that way from Dagenham years ago and you wonder why you didn't do it before

Thing is London is manic and I'm on outskirts and very rarely go into London I get what Irish is saying and sometimes do think I need to be away from it to many people ect maybe have a good holiday have a real break away from it get a few ideas what you fancy doing then whittle them down 1 by 1

Now you have the thought in your head just do it marra. I did a big move 12 year ago now and it was best thing we ever did. Move to any rural area in the uk and after a few visits to the local boozers you will start to make contacts and pick up work. Depending on the type of work your missus dose commuting times to towns and cities don't have to bee too bad if you pick the right areas.

Good luck though wherever or whatever ya decide on.

Get down south, by a old cottage or farmhouse needing work and enjoy the surroundings.

Do what you like, grass under your feet, all green, walk the dog anywhere, get a 4x4, pop to the local pub and drink rough cider with red faced farmers, fresh air lovley. Basically what i want to do when I'm older.

Edd you would love great dunmow plenty of work for your missus quiet place great for walking the dog easy access to other towns youd get a nice place and money in the bank and if you join the dunmow club you would get loads of domestic only one domestic spread round here and he is a total spazz

Edd you would love great dunmow plenty of work for your missus quiet place great for walking the dog easy access to other towns youd get a nice place and money in the bank and if you join the dunmow club you would get loads of domestic only one domestic spread round here and he is a total spazz
I ain't that bad lol

Open a breakfast bar in Krakow serving English Breakfasts. There's one there called the Milk Bar, just off the main square, run by an Irish bloke. You can never get in its that busy. Best breakfast in Krakow. He's got loads of busty young girls working for him as well. You'll need good interpersonal skills though.

Thanks lads, loads of great suggestions. Too old and lazy now for site work so the north is an option :bailando:

Too fat to work in the West Indies full time but going back for 5 weeks in November.

Too clever to work in Dublin , not good enough to work in county Meath but me mum and dad have a holiday house in Louisburgh in county Mayo so that dole and working one day a week sounding good.

Not sure about flynnymarras estate, shootings in the hood, rising sea levels etc

Down south sounds good as well. I'm an old dinosaur , head stuck in the sand type so change is scary. My Mrs a lot younger and is sick of the aggro from the local muslims so wants to move, maybe not to Ireland though. The other problem being, rising damp hasn't got to Ireland yet

Feck knows, thinking of waiting for a year or two for the Crossrail station to open a 5 min walk away and then buy Sheffield, including the big garage training centre
Lot to think about, thanks for the suggestions

No shootings round here they have never heard of a flick knife lol you could open up a Caribbean food gaff and be the first :) she will love it oh and about the catalogue;)

After reading this thread I want to have a weekend in leeds... sounds like the french riviera

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Get urself to the fastest growing city in the UK Leeds..and that's a fact folks I read it sumwhere

I reckon Dundee would give Leeds a run for its money, a billion pound water front regeneration, some V&A museum being built, new train station, hotels popping up all over the place. Also we are not delusion about our national football team up here

I reckon Dundee would give Leeds a run for its money, a billion pound water front regeneration, some V&A museum being built, new train station, hotels popping up all over the place. Also we are not delusion about our national football team up here
Dundee lol...blockwalls are decor up that way rnt there! Lol

Dundee lol...blockwalls are decor up that way rnt there! Lol
No, we use this new modern system, using lengths of timber and sheets of compressed gypsum wrapped in paper, we screw these to the lengths of timber creating partition walls and ceilings. A much more economical and efficient system, from a forward thinking, fast growing modern city :D

After reading this thread I want to have a weekend in leeds... sounds like the french riviera

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Call in at the new Ferrari dealership when your there, there's a yellow one they can't shift. You might get a good deal on it.

From what i saw on the tv the other night it definately aint gods own country and if it is gods a proper fat c**t