Graco APX

Members online

And how much more does it cost than skimming on the m2. For the material. Tape joint compound and airless. And I'd say the beads are more expensive to.
I allow £2 per m2 for materials through measure on Windows/doors.

Cost

Bag of airless £16 will do 16m2 No waste
50 2mm upvc beads £55
12.5kg bag of joint filler £7
Fibafuse for internals and butts £7

Labour is labour as little or as much as you want.

Clients obviously still get prices for standard plastering on jobs we price. We are competitive and normally win what we price so airless doesn't really cost anymore

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Any chance tagging along for a few days when you got some on? Would be different to see it like that than on a test panel
No issue with that we are on a 5 bed house in Sevenoaks, a barn on the a20 somewhere and have 3 4 bed houses in Medway lined up for February sometime.

I also teach a starter course at the paint tech academy in the South if you fancied that

Tbh I can’t wait to go on this airless demo day in January now ,for the last few years keep watching all this airless stuff from a far and can’t help but think it’s right up my street , vimark have there stuff coming out too and seems like perfect timing,
Fair enough it might not be any good for half the crap shite jobs I do but some of the better projects I could see it being worthwhile, fair play to curry and the others that have spent the time to find out themselves at end of day no f**k*r is gonna do it for us
Airless can be used on any job

I allow £2 per m2 for materials through measure on Windows/doors.

Cost

Bag of airless £16 will do 16m2 No waste
50 2mm upvc beads £55
12.5kg bag of joint filler £7
Fibafuse for internals and butts £7

Labour is labour as little or as much as you want.

Clients obviously still get prices for standard plastering on jobs we price. We are competitive and normally win what we price so airless doesn't really cost anymore

It works out a lot more then skim. Skim beads and scrim. On the jobs I do its about €1000 more. We pay more for skim here tho.

We pay €11 a bag here I drop f**k all lol
Yes but you trowel off a percentage and everyone over mixes. Anyways it be worked out that 10-15% of mixed plaster goes in to waste.

What m2 you getting out a bag?

Yes but you trowel off a percentage and everyone over mixes. Anyways it be worked out that 10-15% of mixed plaster goes in to waste.

What m2 you getting out a bag?

I get 12m2 out of skim

Not ruling out given it a go. Just like to know what it's costing me to do it. Plus I don't supply for some of my builders so have to talk them in to using it

Not ruling out given it a go. Just like to know what it's costing me to do it. Plus I don't supply for some of my builders so have to talk them in to using it
Ah you will never convince them. As soon as the material cost goes up the ears go down

Ah you will never convince them. As soon as the material cost goes up the ears go down

It is honestly worth looking at. Some guys really take to it some don't.

It works out a lot more then skim. Skim beads and scrim. On the jobs I do its about €1000 more. We pay more for skim here tho.
Also might be worth looking at the vimark for m2 too , vimark are saying 38m2 per 25 kg tub , question everyone will want to know in New Year is what’s the price tag .

Still that aside I can’t wait to try this stuff out

@Danny is there anymore places left on the trip to Grimsby in January just in case there is last minute people who might want to go

Also might be worth looking at the vimark for m2 too , vimark are saying 38m2 per 25 kg tub , question everyone will want to know in New Year is what’s the price tag .

Still that aside I can’t wait to try this stuff out

@Danny is there anymore places left on the trip to Grimsby in January just in case there is last minute people who might want to go
38m2 a 1mm is 19m2 at 2mm so it' 16m2 a bucket

Domestic refurb?
As long as it covers the existing substrate enough to give a good finish does it matter how thick it is?

I know as plasterers we think we need a decent mm thickness but in reality it's because multi finish can't be applied really thin

As long as it covers the existing substrate enough to give a good finish does it matter how thick it is?

I know as plasterers we think we need a decent mm thickness but in reality it's because multi finish can't be applied really thin

But if the beads are 2mm you can’t just put 1mm on. That’ll show when painted and the sun has got his hat on.

Back in the day when it was all Carlite Browning and skim, board and skim was hard to sell as it cost more.

I tried to sell the Ames taping system more so in winter as by the time the second fixing was done it was ready for the painter. But the new system was not acceptable by builders and plasterers who was stuck in the old ways.

This airless system is a modern dry lining system and is the way forward for those who want to preserve their joints. As for outlay? Well the same was said towards machine rendering. Now everyone is buying Ritmo’s and M tec’s, hand balling is out.

If was still doing site plastering this would be for me.

I think sums it up perfectly