Free Offer to prove courses are better than no training

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
thinkin on.. being a bit p'ssed, im thinking about ol' twitcher...

what i just said there applies, scale up, to whatever you wanna apply it to...

point is....

could you? would you? do the job... are we, as a democracy, at a point of apathy? let the 'people that can' get on with it? where are we as a country? think about it....

Personally I can't even be bothered to reply to this...............................oh s**t I have.

iv had a few coursers with me and to be honest they was not worth a wank they cant even tape up or mix
because i have read it enough saying that people wouldnt touch a courser and if i want employment i dont want all plasterers to think coursers are s**t i didnt mean to make my self sound great what i was trying to say is that i am motivated and willing to do pretty much anything to learn the trade so the method behind the madness was to try proving !SOME! coursers can be exactley what they need

i will have you for 2 weeks free of charge if you dont mind... and yes k-rend is a piece of cake when you do 2m2 then wait 6 hours to finish it... you may run into trouble though when you have 100m2 on and the weather is about 6-7c and you find yourself lighting up the job with your van lights at 2am... good on you for trying to learn another trade though but with 5 kids to support plastering probably wont be your savior as us old timers have to walk away from jobs chancers have priced honing there course skills... would you trust me to rescue a nun in west africa? kidnapped by pirates? with 6 weeks training at army school? if you say yes to this question i want to learn sas tactics and i will pay

iv had a few coursers with me and to be honest they was not worth a wank they cant even tape up or mix

Either they had just come off a one week course, or they came from a s**t course. At GT you are mixing from day one. On the first week the odd mix sometimes comes out a bit sloppy, or a bit stiff, but by week two you are guarenteed a good mix everytime. As for skrimming, sounds like you hired a right thick bunch of T***s as its got to be the easyest part of the job.

i will work for free for a while if it meant i get the best experiance i just really want to make this career change work i know im not gonna be on mega bucks but with my tribe of kids the govt will boost us so yes i will work for free to get experiance i am dedicated to making this work by any means

Ok, when your ready, give me a bell, i`ll have you for few days, pay you a labours rate, and give you a fair assesment.

Still think you should speak to Simply if you want to learn, theres a good offer, and you wont learn of anyone better.plus he is old and about to drop dead, so you nick his machine.

@Nick0412 im not quite sure i just think plastering is the thing for me i remember when i was a sparks mate looking at the plasterers having a laugh getting the job done and i think its something that i can really do well i enjoy a challenge and think this is the right choice for me.

@KebabKing i will hold you to that offer where abouts are you

@Nick0412 im not quite sure i just think plastering is the thing for me i remember when i was a sparks mate looking at the plasterers having a laugh getting the job done and i think its something that i can really do well i enjoy a challenge and think this is the right choice for me.<BR><BR>@KebabKing i will hold you to that offer where abouts are you

just watched tv programme tonight and they were on about internships... thats a posh name for working for nothing and learning he ropes.. and guess where the internships are offered??? parliment... f me... in the old days before i was born... to get a trade parents had to pay the tradesman to teach thier sons (and daughters) to teach them a trade... so why dont all the graduates with all their debts just realise tat the economy wont start with a quano,, and get off their arses and realise that everyone is FIGHTING for work... opps i will upset some people on here... but im not

stay in the army this is the worst time to come in to the trade u have steady money where u are u will never get that at this game and do u think u knew everything about the army in 6 weeks can u make general in 6 weeks or even corprell i dont know what gold trowel do but i bet its just a frist step at best but good luck anyway what ever u do

You are going to have to master all aspects of rendering for a few years before even touching K Rend, K Rend is almost £10 a bag, even a small extension could cost you £300 in materials. If it goes wrong thats your career in plastering over. I 'd concentrate on learning internal plastering, external rendering sand & cement. K Rend comes later.

Personally I try to avoid big external jobs leave it to gangs to do, otherwise to much hassle organising etc.

Sorry can be a bit of a drama queen...in vikings case it will probably be the start. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.