Free Offer to prove courses are better than no training

Status
Not open for further replies.

viking0667

Hi All,

I have been reading all the comments about doing the courses and claiming to be a plasterer, I think some of you old bitter plasterers that just moan at people about doing them are just bitter towards new people in the trade. firstly i want to clarify that i am going to be doing the 6 week course at goldtrowel and its the army that pay for it so im not paying for nothing but why am i doing it? Because i have spent the last 9 years of my life in the infantry away from my family i am very passionate about being busy and i am a believer that you have to work for it. i am not doing this as i think its easy i have all my driving licenses but for me i like to look at my finished work and think ''yeah i done that'' i am expecting some people to leave me some sarky comments but to people that do just know this after i have done the training course i will be successful wether that be in the form of labouring and making tea or working under someones wing for the next few years. i have to succeed as i have 5 kids and a wife. to go in for anpprenticeship is NOT an option for me i will work 18 hour days if i have to prove i am worth a chance and once i have the underpinning knowledge from gold trowel i can almost guarantee that i will put 50% of laborours to shame.

so once trainined if any one in essex wants to test what skills actually come from the training course i will be offering my self as a labourer to anyone that thinks someone with no training can beat someone with training.

so people like spunky etc.. feel free to comment then find someone with no training and i will travel free of charge for a week to where ever you are and have a faceoff on who would be the best person to take on.

Many thanks

Rob

Your doing a 6 week course in PLASTERING then offering to go up against a labourer? What will that prove?

Hi All,

I have been reading all the comments about doing the courses and claiming to be a plasterer, I think some of you old bitter plasterers that just moan at people about doing them are just bitter towards new people in the trade. firstly i want to clarify that i am going to be doing the 6 week course at goldtrowel and its the army that pay for it so im not paying for nothing but why am i doing it? Because i have spent the last 9 years of my life in the infantry away from my family i am very passionate about being busy and i am a believer that you have to work for it. i am not doing this as i think its easy i have all my driving licenses but for me i like to look at my finished work and think ''yeah i done that'' i am expecting some people to leave me some sarky comments but to people that do just know this after i have done the training course i will be successful wether that be in the form of labouring and making tea or working under someones wing for the next few years. i have to succeed as i have 5 kids and a wife. to go in for anpprenticeship is NOT an option for me i will work 18 hour days if i have to prove i am worth a chance and once i have the underpinning knowledge from gold trowel i can almost guarantee that i will put 50% of laborours to shame.

so once trainined if any one in essex wants to test what skills actually come from the training course i will be offering my self as a labourer to anyone that thinks someone with no training can beat someone with training.

so people like spunky etc.. feel free to comment then find someone with no training and i will travel free of charge for a week to where ever you are and have a faceoff on who would be the best person to take on.

Many thanks

Rob

no matter how much you try and defend yourself, your still a cun.t

yeah cheers nick0142 well thought of what a smart reply,

Anyway back to the people that care about the trade what im saying is that i want to prove that after completion of the course not everyone is s**t i want to prove that hard working self motivated people can be produced after the course i accept that some people say they are plasterers and to them, Well eventually they will do a crap job and hopefully not get any work but for the mjority of people that are willing to part with the cash for a start shows commitment and secondly they know its a risk. so as i said i am not trying to defend myself NICK but what i am saying is i am willing to prove otherwise.

nick if your willing to take me on then try i would put your lab to shame now even without training and probably you (once trained) people like you are the reason courses exist because your not willing to help people out or give chances i hope you die a slow painful death at the end of your life u inconsiderate CUN.T

And peple like you are the reason spreads dislike courses. You've just told a plasterer who's been doing it as long as you were iin your last job that after the course you'll be better than him lol

after training not the course read it first this is what i mean u guys come here and suddenly change the topic if ya aint gonna help with peoples questions the FCUK off because ur not helping are ya

look lets get all the slagging done then hopefully someone with a little bit of consideration might actually help us as all i have seen is people slagging off any1 that wants to do a course i thought this forum was suppose to be for questions and help but there are always a few that make people not bother

your opening lines were that people on here that dont like courses are old bitter plasterers. followed by you obviously knowing better, and telling us that you are a superstar and will be amazing.

my opinion is that people like you, are cun.ts.

what do you want help with by the way, your ego?

look lets get all the slagging done then hopefully someone with a little bit of consideration might actually help us as all i have seen is people slagging off any1 that wants to do a course i thought this forum was suppose to be for questions and help but there are always a few that make people not bother

you didnt ask any questions. you just told us your great

i didnt at all mate u called me a CUN.T i think considering you dont know me that pretty defensive

any my question ?

i can do the 6 week C&G Plastering with or without K-REND in YOUR experiance what is gonna give me a fighting chance. What i mean is Goldtrowel offer after the K-REND week a smaple pack to show clients now from previous posts it doesnt look like K-REND is widely used so i am wondering whether its worth instead of a week K-REND doing another week on the tools?

if that makes sense

also i do apologise i just read my starting comment i didnt mean it to sound like that i just wanted a chance to prove to people that all COURSERS are not shi.t thats all no offence intended

doesnt look like k rend is widely used? the actual render is all over the bloody place. just not 'k rend'

i didnt at all mate u called me a CUN.T i think considering you dont know me that pretty defensive

any my question ?

i can do the 6 week C&G Plastering with or without K-REND in YOUR experiance what is gonna give me a fighting chance. What i mean is Goldtrowel offer after the K-REND week a smaple pack to show clients now from previous posts it doesnt look like K-REND is widely used so i am wondering whether its worth instead of a week K-REND doing another week on the tools?

if that makes sense

it wasnt defensive. you just sound like a cun.t.... then you said you hope i die a slow painful death. id say you got annoyed.

anyway, seeing as you actually asked a question now, you could make the samples yourself if you could do it. k-rend is widely used. depends if you want to do mono or internal work

just short of 6 ft and thanks SPUNKY but i am trying to get some help please lets not start changing the subject

because i have read it enough saying that people wouldnt touch a courser and if i want employment i dont want all plasterers to think coursers are s**t i didnt mean to make my self sound great what i was trying to say is that i am motivated and willing to do pretty much anything to learn the trade so the method behind the madness was to try proving !SOME! coursers can be exactley what they need

Nick i want to master the trade evrything i can that will eventually give my family the best start in life out of the army

What makes you think spending a grand on a course will make you a better labourer? Or sorry 2500 on the 6 week

I think you will find that there are a lot of people on here willing to help and share information, but when people put up their first post slating "old bitter plasterers" then you aint gonna win many friends over, you gotta realise a lot of the lad's on here have been answering questions like these for many years, your not the first and won't be the last, i suggest you maybe introduce your self in a proper manner and draw on your army experience to try and gain respect from the forum members, rather than just wading in and throwing challenges down.
You will find that most off us have valuable and helpfull advice to give and do so free of charge, when we don't really have to offer anything if we so wish, so welcome to the forum and enjoy the invaluable free service that is on offer.
By the way you can call me boss:RpS_wink:

Welcome to the forum mate. No doubt I featured in a few of those arguments lol.

Don't fret too much over it, goldtrowel is starting to get a good rep amoungst experienced spreads that have seen it. Check out flynnys review in the venetian section for proof. I don't blame people for having misconceptions, as many courses are s**t- just not Goldtrowel.

Anyway, krend is worth doing. Theres plenty of metreage to cover, and its easy to learn. The end result is stunning. I won't do large external rendering jobs because I'm just not set up or skilled for it yet. But I will tackle smaller jobs like garage conversions etc. using krend.

I'm at GT in a few weeks time so might see you there. Hope the job change works out for you.

Andy

ok it wasnt the best way t introduce my self and as i said i apologise

well let me start again i have been in the army for 9 yrs and i am leaving very shortly i am very very interested in plastering/rendering etc.. i have no ties into the trade so hopefully the course will give me a better chance at gaining employment over someone with no course/training etc.. the course i can do is the much talked about Goldtrowel and looking at there video they look like the best training facility in the uk this has to work as i have 5 kids under the age of 8 and i need to set the standard as i want my kids to learn the value of having to work for your money therefore my question is?

if i was to take the course would i benifit more from learning the basics of rendering with the K-REND course or would i benifit from taking that week on the plastering

Status
Not open for further replies.