First wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been doing venetian just under 3 years now. Difficult to say really. It's like anything. Some people will take to it quicker than others. I know one guy who does it who definately shouldn't. Product knowledge is a large part of it. Holding a trowel isn't the be all and end all either. We've trained painters on how to hold a trowel and they can do some finishes better than a regular spread. The key to it all is preparation and cleanliness. Which painters do very well (most of them). For the plaster finishes they need to be flat but the finishes are quite thin so it the substrate isn't flat then your finish won't come out the way it should. I've spent lots of time fine filling and sanding walls and even re skimming if the plaster isn't flat. If your looking into going down the venetian route I would recommend a course. It's the best way to learn about many different finishes and their composition.

thanks for the info mate. can you recommend and courses? do you know what they cost or how long they take?

can you give an example for say a 10m wall. what would the gear cost and what is your labour time?

We teach venetian and micro cement courses. They start in February. The gear varies In price depending on what you use. A metre price is also dependable on finish too. Some finishes can be completed with 3 visits and others 6. Give me a ring if you like mate. Always free to talk

I've got my heartset on training with a group down in bury I think north of Manchester, met them through Facebook but after I finish my normal plastering course. I just love Venetian and the style, anyone who can offer validition of them would be good.

I know they are an extension of Goldtrowel, plus their work looks amazing - the guy seems pleasant as well very helpful. Bespoke Design Solutions?

I've got my heartset on training with a group down in bury I think north of Manchester, met them through Facebook but after I finish my normal plastering course. I just love Venetian and the style, anyone who can offer validition of them would be good.

I know they are an extension of Goldtrowel, plus their work looks amazing - the guy seems pleasant as well very helpful. Bespoke Design Solutions?

First off merry Christmas lads. Secondly mate that's me from faceache. BDS is my page and I'm the extension of goldtrowel. Our courses are in Bury Mike and he first one is 16th feb

I just done my first wall, I've had no training, I just tried it on the feature wall
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.