female looking for experience/apprenticeship Manchester

aly97

Hi,

I'm Aly and I'm 19 and looking to get into the industry, I have recently completed A levels but have always wanted a job in a trade.. I've found it hard finding an apprenticeship in Manchester or any kind of labouring roles as nobody seems to want to take on a girl or someone with no experience like myself. I am saving to go onto a plastering course at some point soon but really want to gain some hands on experience.

Using this forum as a last ditched attempt at getting any kind of reply from anyone at all who wants to be of help to me.

I'm really hard working and just want to learn.

Anybody who knows anyone who could help or even just give me some advice id really appreciate.

Thank you.

Hi,

I'm Aly and I'm 19 and looking to get into the industry, I have recently completed A levels but have always wanted a job in a trade.. I've found it hard finding an apprenticeship in Manchester or any kind of labouring roles as nobody seems to want to take on a girl or someone with no experience like myself. I am saving to go onto a plastering course at some point soon but really want to gain some hands on experience.

Using this forum as a last ditched attempt at getting any kind of reply from anyone at all who wants to be of help to me.

Anybody who knows anyone who could help or even just give me some advice id really appreciate.

Thank you.

have you any site experience ??
cscs card etc ??

have you any site experience ??
cscs card etc ??
Hi,
No I'm looking for experience and I'm hoping to complete a qualification soon, and as for the cscs I am aware I will need one and will happily apply and take the test when I know what I am doing as I understand there are different cards depending on qualifications etc? thank you

Hi,

Thank you.

Hi Aly,

Plastering is a great trade to get into. Perhaps look up Skills Solutions Manchester as they are government funded i think, and the courses are free. Depending on age you can also get paid weekly to go but can't remember if that's for 20 year olds and younger or 18 and younger. Go for it now because it's harder the older you get! You can get used to handling a trowel and then give us a shout and we can perhaps see what we can do. But after having had several people down, best to warn you, we bin them off rapid if they let us down. Look us up on facebook Tomboy Plastering.

All the best (y)

Like dogging sites ffs :eek: just kidding. Let's hope she gets a chance (y)

i know a plastering firm owned by a lady .....nice girl to be honest.
she might have something for aly.
maybe just patching ....bits of dabbing skimming snagging.
somewhere to start i suppose !!

Is it Steph the pink plasterer?

Honestly anything you have for me at the moment id really really appreciate like I said!

Hi Aly,

Plastering is a great trade to get into. Perhaps look up Skills Solutions Manchester as they are government funded i think, and the courses are free. Depending on age you can also get paid weekly to go but can't remember if that's for 20 year olds and younger or 18 and younger. Go for it now because it's harder the older you get! You can get used to handling a trowel and then give us a shout and we can perhaps see what we can do. But after having had several people down, best to warn you, we bin them off rapid if they let us down. Look us up on facebook Tomboy Plastering.

All the best (y)

Hi,

Thanks very much for the reply and suggestions, I have actually already been in touch with skills solutions and they have quoted me £1800 for the course as i am 19 and have level 2 qualifications like GCSE's etc and I'm not claiming any benefits.. this is the course i am saving for.
If i manage to complete a course etc. Ill be sure to message you.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks very much for the reply and suggestions, I have actually already been in touch with skills solutions and they have quoted me £1800 for the course as i am 19 and have level 2 qualifications like GCSE's etc and I'm not claiming any benefits.. this is the course i am saving for.

Thank you
Have you looked at career development loans by the Government? Perhaps it would enable you to start the course sooner if you are eligible.

i never understood yours :banda:
Okay. I have read through the thread and you offered to sort some work with a lady plasterer that you know. I then posted that she was asking for work with anyone but I did not post that in reply to your post but to just widen the area. I didn't mean it as an insult to you it was not even a reply to your post. A misunderstanding by you.

Okay. I have read through the thread and you offered to sort some work with a lady plasterer that you know. I then posted that she was asking for work with anyone but I did not post that in reply to your post but to just widen the area. I didn't mean it as an insult to you it was not even a reply to your post. A misunderstanding by you.

haha im sorry i misunderstood you.

if this wasnt a female thread id tell you to go fuuck yourself but its not so im sorry for my mistakes it wont happen again xx

the female side was maybe the lady owner of the drylining firm might take this young lady under her wing i know her she has 2 daughters and working with this young keen lady might be a change from bitching whinging grown men.

i hope this clears up my misunderstanding my good man.

Hi,

Thank you

wow, well that's changed! i went there years ago and it was free but they only asked me of i had gcses and i said yes and that was was that. then they later asked me what education i had which is a different question! so apparently i never actually qualified for the course and all i needed to complete it was for them to takes pics of my work and they wanted to charge me £1500 so i left and starting working. then i got my nvq 5/6 years later for free from north west skills academy

where abouts in manchester are you?

wow, well that's changed! i went there years ago and it was free but they only asked me of i had gcses and i said yes and that was was that. then they later asked me what education i had which is a different question! so apparently i never actually qualified for the course and all i needed to complete it was for them to takes pics of my work and they wanted to charge me £1500 so i left and starting working. then i got my nvq 5/6 years later for free from north west skills academy

where abouts in manchester are you?

Hi,

sorry for slow replies all my comments seem to be under moderation..
Yeah its changed massively unfortunately theres a lot less help now! I'm around monton in Swinton..

Trust me I have searched all over for courses I could do for cheap or that our free and funded but a lot don't seem legit or aren't credible.. hence the just looking for some experience to get me started for now while I try and pull together some money for a decent course with a qualification etc

Also thanks for the link I will have a look into that tonight!
oh sorry i was actually ranting about it. no one can learn to plaster in four days! it takes a good two years to be competant and then years to be actually good at it... but worth it in the end! you could go on a course like this to see if you like the feel of it though i suppose. its just a common gripe people going on four day courses and then skimming a room for 50p and it has to get redone. :)

oh sorry i was actually ranting about it. no one can learn to plaster in four days! it takes a good two years to be competant and then years to be actually good at it... but worth it in the end! you could go on a course like this to see if you like the feel of it though i suppose. its just a common gripe people going on four day courses and then skimming a room for 50p and it has to get redone. :)

Oh sorry haha I did wonder to be honest.. misread your message