Family Rates ?

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Just had call off my Mrs brother :muyenojado: smashed up his kitchen, not seen it yet but presumed there will be 2 or 3 days work there :endesacuerdo: every time family have asked me to do work I either done for free or got my brother to do it instead, can't wangle out of this one though so peeps thoughts appreciated please,
Do I stick to normal price and do or help the poor sod out?
Hate it when this happens :llorando:

Day rate. Don't do it to cheap. Or just say u are 2 busy and can't do it. I wouldn't have family work in my house for free

There are two rates for family. You either do it for free, or they pay your normal rate.

The ones that get work for free are the ones who would do the same for you. Family member or not, if they would refuse to pay your bills if you couldn't work then you refuse to pay theirs by doing free work.

There are two rates for family. You either do it for free, or they pay your normal rate.

The ones that get work for free are the ones who would do the same for you. Family member or not, if they would refuse to pay your bills if you couldn't work then you refuse to pay theirs by doing free work.
Agreed you have healthy exchange of good will and help when needed or if it's a case of always doing with no return and feeling bad about it (used n abused) then there lies your answer.

I do work for inlaws for free as long as it's not a huge job as they help us out with the kids a lot , all the rest get charged as normal I learned that years ago when mrs Aunty tried to give me enough for 4 pints for doing a ceiling just expected it so I said no it's x amount fave was a picture got doe though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Family member who insist on paying the going rate get it cheap. Family who expect cheap rates (mother in law usually) always ask when my diary's full...

These jobs are a nightmare and they turn into serial snaggers once you finished I try swerve it if I'm honest I've even done work exchange for some trades I'm mates with but find its always at when they want it done not when I got a spare few days,up to you but I would say look I'm busy if I can cut u deal I will but don't expect it to be done in next few days,did he smash the kitchen up cos he had a load of selfies of vincey trumpyman on his fridge that's enough to drive anyone crazy

My mum, dad and sister get everything for free but I know they'd walk through fire for me if I ever needed them....everyone else normal rate as they wouldnt give me anything cheap so not willing to be a mug

I tell my family to piss off and get somebody else and don't come crying to me if it's crap. They know better not to ask me. It's all my stepmums fault the freeloading sponge!! That was years ago and never again.

The only question you need to ask your self is would they take a day off unpaid or lose half a days pay to help me.

I used to do a lot for free for family and friends but found I wasn't motivated enough to leave the job as normal. Would maybe miss out the final trowel not wipe skirtings or angles not quite right, small things that probably only a plasterer would notice but I hated going back and seeing it not looking 100%. So now I charge a bit less than usual but enough to make sure I leave a proper job.

I got shafted by my wifes "friends" asked to help them plaster their house... I was there for a fair amount of time couple of weeks on and off and I seen realised that they had no interest in paying of even offering so I picked my tools up and made my excuses and left.

It was on here someone said would they take 2 weeks off work to help you??? if the answer is no then they should pay...

MY mate rewired my kit car for me (twice) he did not want a penny so I left him a massive lump behind the bar... for 4 weeks he was drinking on that :D He was happy and I was happy and he will now help me whenever I ask because I appreciate it.

I got shafted by my wifes "friends" asked to help them plaster their house... I was there for a fair amount of time couple of weeks on and off and I seen realised that they had no interest in paying of even offering so I picked my tools up and made my excuses and left.

It was on here someone said would they take 2 weeks off work to help you??? if the answer is no then they should pay...

MY mate rewired my kit car for me (twice) he did not want a penny so I left him a massive lump behind the bar... for 4 weeks he was drinking on that :D He was happy and I was happy and he will now help me whenever I ask because I appreciate it.
So you done three ceilings then?

Just had call off my Mrs brother :muyenojado: smashed up his kitchen, not seen it yet but presumed there will be 2 or 3 days work there :endesacuerdo: every time family have asked me to do work I either done for free or got my brother to do it instead, can't wangle out of this one though so peeps thoughts appreciated please,
Make them pay mate, your due a holiday (y)

The young kids in my family who are just moving into there first house will get stuff done for free, older cousins and that with good jobs pay full whack.

Go round to price up/check out the job.........then mention how good a shag his sister is.....bang on a bit about it, then say you want some advice on s&M or other kinky stuff.......
Doubt you'll get asked to do another job...:fuckyou:

Make them pay mate, your due a holiday (y)
:risas: Tell me about it, knackered :hola:

Forgot to say the bro in law is loaded and a right tight arsed c**t as well, don't know if this sways everyone's opinion?

Told him I'll look on Wednesday so one more day to decide what to do :birras:

My family (that I like) get for free. Her family get charged full whack except her uncle (I like him also)..

I think the richer ones should get it cheaper or free though, long term value and potentially gwt you in that will haha!!!!

:risas: Tell me about it, knackered :hola:

Forgot to say the bro in law is loaded and a right tight arsed c**t as well, don't know if this sways everyone's opinion?

Told him I'll look on Wednesday so one more day to decide what to do :birras:
That whole 1 day of work you just did must have really taken it out of you(y)

Depends on how well i like them. Alot of my family, i wouldnt piss on them if they where on fire but others id do quite alot for free. I even did a full graveside for a friends mother who passed away with cancer. They wanted a lovely stone grave on 3 sides and block, plastered on back. Errected the headstone. Was some weight in the thing too but didnt charge a penny. Infact im lying, all i wanted was 1 pint of guiness when it was finished.