fair play we all do it differently

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onecoater said:
steve cov said:
its one coat so its quicker than dot and dab. it just seems wierd how he chucks it at the wall. then theres holes everywhere. then he has to trowel over it THEN rule it. each to their own though

Shouldn't really work with one coat like the guy in the vid is doing.

It's not a good technique to throw blobs on and work it like he did - you risk incomplete coverage and therefore airpockets and hollows in your plaster.
Best way to work one coat is to use the same technique you would your UK first coats - hawk and trowel it onto the wall in smooth strokes = complete coverage with plaster being squeezed into all nooks and crannies and irregularities.

what is the best technique for egg sucking ?
OK - finish is slightly different to what you guys are used to but application should be the same

who gives a f'ck anyway? personaly i think the best technique is to get someone else to do it, pay em peanuts and charge the customer double... or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

lucius said:
Ime missing something here but anyway where are you based Onecoat?

well, i'm gonna go out on a ledge and answer you seriously, but I guess it will end up in one big "jump on the flame bandwagon" again...

But i'm in Belgium at the moment but originally from UK.

Really not here to cause any trouble, just to learn from you guys! I'm asking question FFS which means i don't know things and don't pretend to know better. So I don't know why everyone is getting their Y fronts in a twist. Oh well, been through worse ;) LOL

Onecoater said:
lucius said:
Ime missing something here but anyway where are you based Onecoat?

well, i'm gonna go out on a ledge and answer you seriously, but I guess it will end up in one big "jump on the flame bandwagon" again...

But i'm in Belgium at the moment but originally from UK.

Really not here to cause any trouble, just to learn from you guys! I'm asking question FFS which means i don't know things and don't pretend to know better. So I don't know why everyone is getting their Y fronts in a twist. Oh well, been through worse ;) LOL

i like their chocolate ;D

I'll bring a box of pralines in as a truce offering :-\

bet i know something you'd like more ;)
over 700 odd types of beer here ;D

Onecoater said:

for a moment i thought you had some refined plaster, only joking, never been to belgum, would like to go to one of the beer Festivile ;D ;)

Plasterite said:
Onecoater said:

for a moment i thought you had some refined plaster, only joking, never been to belgum, would like to go to one of the beer Festivile ;D ;)

Bl00dy massive beer festival in Germany mate! it's humongous and is serious annihilation!
http://www.muenchen.de/Tourismus/Oktoberfest/7548/index.html

As for the refined plaster - well... this is a genuine remark by the way and not to annoy but just wondered why UK is still doing two coats of plaster. Over here they have been plastering walls in one time for more than 16, 17 years. Seems to me to be much more efficient to do the same m² just once than twice?
I do wonder why it's never caught on over there? Maybe your way is more durable or hard wearing? what is your first coat made of? what's the base?

Status
Not open for further replies.