Ewi job

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
the systems from a company called la rock, iv never heard of them. iv been told i need to but on a coat with mesh in then when this is dry top it off with another coat of the backing before the acrylic just wonder if there should be a primer going on before the second coat of base to bound it to the first if you get me, ino you prime the base before the acrylic goes on cheers

No primer needed from base coat to base coat. Just leave a slight key. Material should still be wet so should be ok. Make sure the mesh is in the top 1/3rd of the base coat.

Ally you may be getting confused with some of this advice.
The base coat of adhesive will be layed direct over the insulation. A notched trowel can be used to grade the thickness.
Bed the mesh just below the surface of this base coat whilst still wet. no need to push it all the way in as this contributes to the strength and flatness. Let it set hard.
Scrape a coat of the adhesive over the hardened mesh coat to leave a flat,true surface with no irregularities. some people prefer to sponge this coat to leave a better prepared surface for you topcoat.
Leave it all dry b4 you apply a paint coat.
Apply a painted coat of primer in the same colour as youre finish
leave to dry and then apply you're top coat.you must lay this on and finish immediately with a plastic trowel look at u tube videos

Guys I really struggle with my top coat been doing it for years and still can't get the bloody thing right
maybe it's just not my thing lol
as a plasterer since I was 15 now 36 you'd think I could get a bit of bloody top coat right
i try and avoid it if I can
stick to the scratch renders me thinks

cheers bones but as you say leave the mesh coat to set hard and then but a top on it i would of thought the next coat would need a primer on something to bind it to the mesh coat? sorry if im being a numb **** :RpS_confused:

Bones ???????
the base coat is also called adhesive, the thin coat is also adhesive and it dont need a primer. )think tile adesive type material) when u have it all flat and true etc you paint a primer on. this equalises the surface for colour and suction. The topcoat has a grit in it and by the nature of finishing it you may see the base coat grin through hence the primer being a colour

Status
Not open for further replies.