Electricians & Plasterers

josel

Working around a sparky and charged £200 a day. Left a mess, as in bits of wire, cables, broken sockets etc. Buggered off at 3. Day done. Great, not a bead of sweat or dust on him.
I'm there sweating my b*ll***s off for less money.
Yet plastering is so much of a dark art than other trades. Will never change to any other as the satisfaction of seeing the finished work is so rewarding

Working around a sparky and charged £200 a day. Left a mess, as in bits of wire, cables, broken sockets etc. Buggered off at 3. Day done. Great, not a bead of sweat or dust on him.
Yet plastering is so much of a dark art than other trades. Will never change to any other as the satisfaction of seeing the finished work is so rewarding
Standard mate unfortunately.

Worked around all trades, chippys seem to be the most respectful and relaxed. Came across many a spark with god complex. They aren't all bad though.

I know a few people who have gone into electric in their 30's and few years later fully set up. Any c**t with a few quid and common sense could do it. If you can be arsed going to school everytime the regs change.

f**k that.

Sparks are the worst when it comes to working on older lath and plaster properties they knock f**k out of the lath and weaken all the plaster round their raggles and the customer wonders why your price just went out the window. Or the old favourite when you come in and a horrible new raggle has been cut out of a freshly plastered wall.

Why are you earning less than that ?

bums on £130 a day ...there all full of s**t telling stories of how theve struck gold on £700.
dickheads.
all of them.

I would struggle to get £200 a day working on day work for builders, £180 atleast though.

However this is why I tend to not work for them, they are generally greedy and don't care of quality.

Definitely charge more on your own jobs though, I personally do anywhere between £180-350 a day. Sparks and Gas can always get more as customers by law can't touch it. We are a trade that people can live without if budgets tight.. can't live without heating or electricity.

I would struggle to get £200 a day working on day work for builders, £180 atleast though.

However this is why I tend to not work for them, they are generally greedy and don't care of quality.

Definitely charge more on your own jobs though, I personally do anywhere between £180-350 a day. Sparks and Gas can always get more as customers by law can't touch it. We are a trade that people can live without if budgets tight.. can't live without heating or electricity.

I made £180 in ten minutes today.

Customer wants the wall stripped and then replastered in separate visits.

Me - but that's an extra visit.
Customer - I don't care.
Me - I don't do half days, you're making a two day job into three.
Customer - I don't care, it's not my money.
Me - fair enough then, I'll get my bolster.

I always put a good price in on jobs but end up running late or not getting enough done, there’s no joy earning money it’s all about contentment of the inner soul for me
One Love , give them a Hug, share a cake or make a cup of tea and chat it over

I always put a good price in on jobs but end up running late or not getting enough done, there’s no joy earning money it’s all about contentment of the inner soul for me
One Love , give them a Hug, share a cake or make a cup of tea and chat it over

Rubbish, it’s all about money and as much of it as possible

Rubbish, it’s all about money and as much of it as possible
2FC61518-5707-46C1-8D9A-4083C49BE3EE.jpeg

Electricians are far more intelligent than us and cleverer so should be held in higher regard by yourself. You should have felt honoured to be in his company and cleared his mess up!

Actually thinking about it I do often take sets of plans to the Pool to price up jobs, and it would be rude not to have the rods out as well. So I suppose sometimes I do make money whilst fishing.
Sorry that has made you angry @Mambo, I promise I won't mention that I'm doing it tomorrow. Doh!!

Sparks are the worst when it comes to working on older lath and plaster properties they knock f**k out of the lath and weaken all the plaster round their raggles and the customer wonders why your price just went out the window. Or the old favourite when you come in and a horrible new raggle has been cut out of a freshly plastered wall.
I need a good electrician For the Charlotte Hall area. Need the box installed for our generator. Can't seem to find anyone reliable enough to actually show up when they say they will.